Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing What is a Hero?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 04:59:53 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

In this world are Heroes and Villains. The two sides fight against each other in a constant struggle between order and chaos, good and evil, light and dark, hope and despair. The two forces balance each other out, but somewhere between black and white is a grey area... vigilantes. Heroes at heart, but not recognised as official heroes. Why do they do this? What is their reasoning? One must ask them oneself to find the answer. But here is the story of 2 individuals that have found themselves thrust into that grey area. Can they really be heroes?

Boku No Hero Academia RP for myself and @Master Ren

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 05:00:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Real Name: Ethan Atlas Donovan. (Answers to both 'Ethan' and 'Atlas')
Hero Alias: "Rampart"
Quirk: Barricade - He can create an invisible barrier of any size and shape (up to a maximum size), as long as he is either behind it, or in the centre of it. Any attacks that hit his barriers have their kinetic energy transferred to him, thus he 'feels the pain' of the attack that he blocked.
Race/Ethnicity: Human/Caucasian
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 180lbs.
Appearance: Shoulder-length black hair, blue eyes, slightly pale skin, broad shoulders, extremely well-defined muscles, but far from large or bulging.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 05:12:11 )
Hero Alias: Sunspot
Quirk: Solar Power-Allows for the absorption of solar energy which then channeled in the form of solar powered beams, radial bursts and the likes. If there is a lack of solar energy in the body, Vitamin D will be used in its place.
Sex: Male
Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian/Irish-Russian
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 175 lbs
Appearance: Fair skinned with auburn hair and green eyes. Has a small scar on the left cheek and hair is worn in tied back ponytail.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 00:30:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The city street was in chaos. Cars were demolished, windows smashed, pieces of buildings themselves were laying about, as the people screamed in panic and fear. The subject of that fear was a bald male standing at around 7 feet tall, in the middle of the road. He didn't look particularly threatening at first glance, but appearances were deceiving in this world.

"That's right! Run!" he declared. "Show yourselves for the true cowards you all are!" he declared. He then looked and saw a particular individual, a young male with blonde hair that looked to be in his mid-20's, attempting to hide behind a destroyed vehicle.

"Pathetic!" the aggressor snorted, picking up a small piece of rubble at his feet. As he did, the debris morphed into a spiked ball, much like one would see at the end of a mace or flail.

"Just die!" he yelled, throwing it towards the young man with frightening speed. The male screamed and threw up his arms defensively in a futile manner... just as the spiked ball hit something invisible in front of him, and fell to the ground with a thud.

"H-huh?" the cowering male stammered.

"What!?" the violent man growled. He then noticed that there was now a 17-year-old with black hair on the scene, beside the victim, an arm outstretched, palm facing outwards.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/4 01:35:27 )
"Cut that one a bit close, huh?" Commented a young man of similar age who was standing behind the large man.

This young man was wearing a red and yellow sweater jacket, a pair of cargo shorts, arm and leg stockings and a pair of goggles atop of his head.

" Huh, who are you?" He snarled back as he picked up a rock.

"Oh I get it, you're this punk's accomplice, ain't ya?"

The young man looked over at the other one who had blocked the attack; he saw a noticeable wince on his face.

"Nope, never seen him before..."The young man stated with a shrug.

"...But that won't stop me from intervening in this crime." He added before pointing a finger at the large man in similar fashion to holding a gun.

The young man then mouthed the word, bang, and with a sudden burst of light, the large man crumbled down to his knees; stating that he was blind.

"Now's your chance, get out of here." The young man suggested with a motion to tell them to escape.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/4 03:11:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You heard him, go." the black-haired male said.

"R-right." the man responded, scrambling to his feet and running off, joining the others that were trying to put as much distance as they could between them and the villain.

The younger male then looked at the blinded villain, who had now picked up a large amount of debris, and threw it all up into the air, all of them forming into spiked balls.

"Ah crap." he muttered, seeing that some of them had gotten impressive height, and were going to rain down on a cluster of people that were still too close.

"Damn it!" he yelled, racing over and getting in the middle of them all, throwing his arm up, palm facing the air. As soon as he did so, several of the balls bounced off something invisible that surrounded them, as the villain started to get to his feet again, rubbing his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 15:40:53 )
The villain then proceeded to grab large clusters of metal debris from the street and roll them around in his hands like clacking stress spheres. This tenacious attitude got a sigh out of the sunny young man who looked at his watch and gave a deep sigh.

"This guy is going to make me late for my gig; guess I'll need to end this quickly, here and now." He groaned as his hands began to glow with an intense light and give off immense heat.

With a burst of speed, the young man rushed in close and grabbed a hold of the villain's hands and proceeded to release the heated energy from his own; causing the metal to weld to the villain's hands.

"What have you done to me?" The villain cried in anguish as he collapsed on to the ground, frantically trying to remove the metal from his hands.

"I wouldn't do that, you'll just tear your flesh from your body that way." The sunny young man stated before turning his attention to the other young man.

"He shouldn't be much of a problem from here on, I'll leave the rest to you." He stated while walking by.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 21:49:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male was silent as he saw what happened, and lowered the barrier he'd put it, before watching the one that had joined in the fight walk past him. He raised an eyebrow, before looking at the injured villain, and shaking his head.

"No need." he said.

"Looks like a pro's on the way." he said further, looking skyward and seeing a costumed woman making her way down from a rooftop.

"...must've been some distance away. A lotta damage could have been done had nobody been here." he reasoned.

"Cool quirk." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 17:28:22 )
"Don't you mean hot?" The energetic young man replied before shaking his head; even he knew that pun was bad.

He then rummaged through his costume before pulling out a ticket and handing it over without saying another word. At that point, officers were finally arriving and he knew it would be in his best belief to make himself scarce. Not only for his sake but probably for the one who he had temporarily teamed up with.

As he left, the chatter of bystanders could be heard. Most were in a bit of an awe over what had occurred but some where muttering something regarding the young man; specifically the name Sunspot. A name the young man hadn't heard uttered for over a year now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/27 21:44:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He accepted the ticket quizzically, and looked around at the people that were whispering and muttering. He heard the name 'Sunspot' mentioned a couple of times, and for some reason, it rang a bell of vague familiarity in his brain.

He then sighed as the officers closed in, and the pro approached as well, before shaking his head.

"I gotta get going." he told them.

"Make sure he doesn't hurt anyone." he said, referring to the villain that had been taken down.

Then, before anyone could really say anything, he turned and quickly headed off, checking what the ticket was that he'd been given.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.