Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries gafflin's art gallery

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 17:53:19 )
welcome to my "art gallery" where i'll post art once every year. my workflow art-wise is inconsistent don't yell at me

BUT anyways i'll be doing whatever here (as long as it follows forum rules) so if anyone stumbles across this, you'll be seeing a lot of... whatever i decide to draw.

art content includes:
- characters
- that's it. that's all you're getting.

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/13 17:57:50 )

to start this off: i downloaded a new art program, which is krita. for some reason this file is so BIG but that's krita things i guess? BUT ANYWAYS have this person... why is he feeling the grass. why is his hair everywhere.

some info (more for me to document, feel free to read):
- this is a temp character, he won't last long
- despite his calm stature he's the evil voice at the back of my head. he is not nice do not interact
- OK never mind he's a lil soft... but he's nowhere near being nice
- his counterpart looks. nearly identical but she's more pale and she's the nice one

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 05:24:34 )
*wanders around*

Your art is very pretty ^^ I like how his hair is everywhere and his pose! And the reason why Krita's file is so big is probably because they had additional stuff (like animating, etc.?), then again I don't use Krita as I prefer either MS Paint or Medibang.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 06:09:36 )

Wow that art is really nice!!

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 08:02:24 )
@Chiffonorange:
thank you! out of all the things i've drawn here, his hair was both fun and infuriating to draw since i kept having to undo and make it look good. and now that you mention it, you're probably right since krita does have animating software (i have yet to find it, though).

also OOOO i love medibang, it's actually my first "professional" art program. i drew lots of cringy cool stuff, and i have a lot of my artwork saved in the cloud!

as with ms paint, it was my gateway into digital art, and i remember spending a lot of time on ms paint drawing whatever i liked at the time (coughsfnafandmlpcoughs)! i especially loved watching online tutorials and copying what the youtubers were drawing, but over time i changed it so it resonated with how i wanted it to be.

@Totalanimefan:
:frizzhappy: thank you as well! also just gonna throw this in: i really love your current avatar! it's so bright and multicolored, and it also reminds me a lot of 2009-2012 online avatar sites. i give it a 10/10

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 08:23:46 )
@scarabee: You're welcome ^^ Drawing hair especially in motion can be challenging. I never touched the animating part of Krita but I had heard of artists/animators using it. :o

Ahh I see, I don't mind the cringy stuff as long as one is satisfied. I only use Medibang if I wanted to experiment or draw something else sometimes. The cloud save thingy, oh dear I never used it in my whole life as I prefer to save my artwork to my storage files instead lol

Same, MS Paint is a part of my childhood and an introduction to digital art as well. And same except I drew most silly (mostly Sonic and a few) (fan)art during in my high school years lol, though I've already deleted my HS drawings since I wanted to clear my storage files. ^^; And yep, online tutorials can be helpful and you might learn something new :o

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/14 17:14:25 )

@scarabee: omg thank you so much. That just made my day <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 10:34:43 )

another art piece, and it's a sketch for one of my avatars on dappervolk. the avatar in question is rudy, who is a nature-aligned fairy who takes care of a slowly-expanding garden, owns too many potted plants, and has two forest guardians as parents.

no notes for today! i'm still trying to figure out what i'm gonna do with this guy.

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 10:36:57 )

another art piece x2! this is an older drawing, but this was an experimental doodle i did while listening to animal by sir chloe.

no notes for this one.

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/21 10:39:10 )

another art piece x3! this is a sibling to the drawing above, and i drew this one while listening to this specific version of wish by trippie redd.

no notes again.

Voltie — they/any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 12:44:09 )
96% completed... Please wait while we load the contents of this comment.

been a while since i've posted, but i've managed to draw not one, but two drawings with hands as the main subject (excluding this one, the snake is the focus).

notes:
- based off of the 2018 album by polyphia, new levels new devils.
- snake is based off of domcake's 3d work for polyphia's music videos for their album, and i directly used the colors shown in one of the screenshots of their snake model.
- liquid physics SUCK.

the other drawing with hands as the main subject. also has liquid/dripping effects, because my friend and i were gushing about how cool it is to draw blood flowing... because any other liquid sucks, for some reason.

notes:
- LITERALLY IDENTICAL TO MY FIRST DRAWING.
- the only difference is that i drew this one with a tablet, the first one is drawn with a mouse.
- ms paint <3 sorry professional art programs, i don't love you anymore.
Comment posted! Thank you for your patience.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.