Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Rhythm Games

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/28 13:24:46 )
I am a sucker for rhythm games and I was wondering if anybody else here likes to play :vanora_smile:

I first started off with rhythm games in August 2015 when somebody on Gaia mentioned Love Live! School Idol Festival (SIF) and how much fun they had playing it, so I decided to download it on my iPad, and I've been playing it since XD minus a couple of months or so when I had no motivation to play rip lol.
I only really ventured out from just playing SIF about a month or two ago when SL came out, lol

I was wondering if anybody else has other rhythm games they play?

So far I have SIF, UtaPri Shining Live (SL), Deresute and Aichuu downloaded...I think I had a couple of others but had to delete for device space rip. I mostly play SIF and SL currently. I'm still unsure about Deresute because there are so many idols and I don't know what's going on because Japanese lol. I have the same thing with Aichuu with Japanese but I still like playing the songs. SL is also in Japanese but I don't really struggle because the format is similar to SIF, as they're both games by KLab. Though I can't wait for the EN version of SL so I can finally understand the main and side and event stories ;w;

I've heard of Idolish7 and I've been thinking of downloading it too...

I just love to kill myself by downloading games I can't understand ;w;
Someday...someday... At least I can read most Hiragana currently lol though obviously there's a difference between reading and understanding lol
Time to work on katakana...and then rip kanji blergh
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/28 21:55:09 )
//KICKS DOWN DOOR
DID SOMEONE SAY RHYTHM GAMES

I've been playing for a long, long time. Probably one of the first that I remember was back when I was like a wee teenager fresh into high school -- playing that Drummania thing and singing loudly even if I was in the arcade xD The first rhythm game I played on the console was Elite Beat Agents I think! That was crazy and fun haha. I also played the Japanese version that inspired EBA (Ouendan, which is also fun, but the songs are o l d ). Uh, and then I played osu! and Taiko! Taiko fun, but kills buttons. osu killed my mouse and my wrist. I don't think I can go back to playing anymore because of age Q u Q

I also reached the age of the Tap Tap stuff, oh, and Rhythm Heaven!! heck i love that game I've been meaning to get the 3DS version but what is money

but it looks like you're from the mobile generation -- i haven't played a lot of those. I tried Love Live but my friend gave me a super hard one and I failed lol I couldn't coordinate my fingers haha. Ensemble Stars Chinese version has a rhythm minigame but it's not really focused on that and doesn't give much of a challenge. My old phone couldn't handle the other games you mentioned, and it's impractical to play on the computer since the engine I'm using lags. My new phone is iOS so I don't think I can get those games either.

also uhhh yes japanese games are fun even when i can't understand them. i took a jap class and was really proud when i understand something along the lines of "please give me advice", which i think is a bigger jump than the usual "please" and "thank you" xD I'm super out of practice and can only read Hiragana tho.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.