Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback February Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 03:34:29 )

NPC Preview Art by Amber Lynne and Keturah

Item Name | Artist | Supporting Artist

Love Bites | Alethna
Misery Loves Company | KDA Drew
The First Star | KDA Drew | Vozzy

Sets contain a minimum of 3 recolors; only one is shown.

Let's not forget to thank our Item Technicians for uploading:
Lilypoo & Kiwi

Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more responses we get to these sort of things, the more we can improve on your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set you are reviewing, do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 rating to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories - those are just some suggestions for the direction in which you can take your feedback.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it," as it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Love Bites/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Misery Loves Company[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]The First Star[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]On Guard![/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being extremely helpful!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 15:46:21 )
Love Bites
★★★★★
Review of Love Bites:
I love the colors of this and the poses. It is so beautiful. The Crop Top layers well with this to change the color of the center heart on the top. I have three of these items, and if there are ever recolors, I would buy them and or similar items to this. I love the knife!

Misery Loves Company
★★★★★
Review of Misery Loves Company:
I love the set and the poses of this item. You can pair things underneath the mesh of the top well and elf ears go great with this hair style. I love all the colors of this item. I think if something similar to this item is released again, I would definitely be down for some green, orange, or some brown (tea) color choices.

The First Star
★★★★✩
Review of The First Star:
I really enjoy this item. I like the poses, the boots, and the magical girl aesthetic. I would of have liked to have seen maybe one of the colors in a shade of an orange, green, or brown. Besides that, the only thing I would have liked to see with this item is if the dress was separated out instead of the boots being separated out. I would have liked to the pair the skirt and top with different items.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 17:30:55 )

Love Bites
★★★★★
I absolutely love this item! I think the best part is that the hair and eyes come in more than just the usual three colors you have for a crate item. The more colors a hair or pair of eyes comes in, the better. I also second what Vyndorria mentioned about thinking it's cool how you can layer the crop top common under the heart cut out in the top to make it different colors. And when it comes to personal preference, this item just suits my tastes really well. I particularly like the blue and storm color scheme.

Misery Loves Company
★★★★★
Again, this item has a good amount of hair and eye color options for us to play with. The theme of the item is nice as well. I don't have much to say about it other then to say that I like it!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 22:11:29 )

On Guard!
★★★✩✩
The item is great for the most part. The theme is nice, and it has a good variety of color schemes including the light and dark rainbow color schemes. It's always nice when an item comes in the rainbow color schemes. The only reason I give it 3 stars instead of 5 is because of the gloves. Usually items with gloves have poses with the gloves together and poses with them separated. This item seems to only have poses with the gloves separated, so if you want to wear both gloves together then you have to use up the two poses you can wear at a time on just the gloves alone.

★~~Questing~~★

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 14:56:10 )
Love Bites
★★★★✩

Cute item(s) with a good amount of variety and freshness to the poses. The eyes and legs seem a little "heavy" ("dense", or exaggerated proportion) to me, but I can see where and how they would have their uses in designing an avatar. They would definitely help create a unique look. The skirt is cute, and I actually like the fact that it's short, because it gives different options for other leg mods that can be difficult to use, and I really like the dual-tones used on each variation. I wish the top was separated in to arm mods though, as I don't necessarily want to equip both the envelop and the knife at the same time. Having them be separate would give many more options.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 15:06:42 )
Misery Loves Company
★★★✩✩

I do like this item and its poses. However (although I do like my fair share of flames and flaming items options ;) ) this flaming skull and flaming hands theme seems to be getting redundant. The eyes could be interesting (I haven't had a chance to play with them yet) but seem unfinished somehow. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it can provide a very different look on an avatar when combined with other things, but they seem small and not quite complete to me. The hair is pretty, but also seems to be getting redundant in its general style. The top is interesting, and I can see interesting uses for the legs, but I don't know how often I would use either, tbh.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — he/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/28 23:51:11 )
Love Bites
★★★★✩
I like the colors for this set and the added hair and eyes colors. The light brown seems a little odd with vivid green and yellow though. I'd definitely use the hair and eyes most. I love the flow of the hair. I like the top pose with the knife and envelope but I'm quite disappointed it doesn't fit well with the male base. It makes the male base look like it has too much bosom. It should look flatter on the chest. I do feel like having the top without the knife and envelope would've been nice too. Why couldn't there be a shorts version of the skirt as well? It looks pretty great on Static in the art for it. I'd probably never use the leg pose but it is a nicely pixeled pose.

Misery Loves Company
★★✩✩✩
I just don't feel like this is good enough for a crate item? I don't get the theme. The skulls and hands covered in flames/powers seem random. I guess the pose I can see mysef actually using is the hands though? The eyes aren't bad either. I've noticed this with other eyes before but I don't like how the black eyelashes stand out? It would be cool if lashes match the hair, but I guess it doesn't always work out with certain skins? It's nice there's at least one eyes pose like that.The color combos aren't that interesting but the black, white and pink isn't bad. I like the ombre colors of the hairs more, but I'd still probably never use it... I feel like Voltra has too many items with a leg pose like this. The skirt is unique though. I feel ike the top is too, like, sexy?? for a pg-13 site? But we do have nipple pasties in the commons shop so eh..

The First Star
★★★✩✩
The poses I like the most are the boots and arms/gloves. Definitely can't go wrong with black and white boots and gloves. I like the spotlight too. Having a mostly pink outfit is a little boring. It's also disappointing to get two shades of white for the star. Could've given us a pink or light blue star instead. The flow of the skirt doesn't look natural. It looks much better in the artwork for the item. I feel like the parting for the bangs is really weird too. I also think the flow of the hair is a bit too stiff. It could definitely look prettier so I probably won't use it, which is sorta sad because I like the color choices for the hair. I agree with Vynndoria that it would've been nice if the skirt and top were separated into their own poses.

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.