Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk what helps u during PTSD episodes?

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 01:09:56 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

i havent been on v much bcus ive been going thru a lot of PTSD flashbacks now that im housed for a lil bit & not able to do much bcus of it. its all rly intense and making my mental health go not good

what kind of things helps ground u when ur having a long episode? does it help u to distract or focus on it? idk what i need to do rn since i dont have access to therapy yet so im relying on peer support

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/22 11:16:07 )
@vessel: I hope you feel better!! I have constant anxiety episodes too. I find listening to music and reading books relaxes my brain, and eating ice-cream cools it down. And I need to avoid constantly drinking lots of hot caffeine. Drawing, watching TV, and sleeping helps too. They're not permanent solutions, but they do help me get through the day. When I was doing my last study course, I listened to a lot of rock music. I hope these tips help <3
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — she, her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 00:34:23 )

Somethings that help me ground, are being in nature if you are able. I know sometimes PTSD comes on quickly and being able to go outside isn’t always an option. If it’s not an option I will (as strange as it may sound) sit or lay on the floor.

There are times that the images/memories flood me, and lying in bed, where I feel safe is good until I can focus on my breathing.

Sometimes I loose myself in art or writing, other times I allow the wave of emotions to run through me and cry it all out.

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/23 01:39:56 )
@vessel: My therapist told me to tell yourself that it's not happening to you right now. That was then and this is now. Look around you and notice how it's different. (Even though there is often a trigger that's similar). I found that works for me. (This is Totalanimefan by the way)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.