Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hej, newbie right ere.

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 07:53:34 )
@Evilcupcakecat: I also came from Mene!
I'm on Gaia too but I loved Mene's community and was so sad to see it become dust. I heard lots of people from there came here which is why I joined and I like it so far!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 21:57:00 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

Evilcupcakecat:
Do any of you have a recommendation of a specific forum post I should check out? I don't know anybody here yet so I don't know any popular chatting posts.

hey welcome to voltra! ^^
i think the hangouts forum is good for general / casual chatting imo :0
sometimes i'll chat in friends charity or quests threads too though

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 02:57:08 )
@Ouja Akuma:
@onsenmark:
Mene unfortunately got sort of abandoned by the person who made it so now it's dying a slow death. I wish I had enough money to help because I grew up on menewsha. As far as I know the domain is reserved until like 2025, but without the owner there is no way to change the coding or anything. When I first found out I was really really upset, but nobody has any idea on how to save it. So far I like voltra but, it's not gonna replace the menewsha sized hole in my heart.

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/18 10:08:03 )
@Evilcupcakecat: I hope the owner is okay though, the main admins can't seem to get in contact with him. But even to save it at it's current rate, isn't worth it. Once the CI's stopped coming out people pretty much left. :c I really loved the rp's in there and met some nice people. Plus the items were fantastic. I'll keep logging on here and there until Mene's site dies. Too many of my avatar sites have gone away or changed into something different. Rolia died, Solia turned into this..weird...web browser thing that makes no sense. Gaia is alive but barely hanging on. But Voltra is growing!
I don't come here every day but I do enjoy the hangout forum and the events when they pop up. I have a hangout thread you're welcome to join in and meet some people.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 02:37:42 )
@Ava: I am surprised people recognized my name from menewsha. I wasn't exactly super active or popular there, I only every really stuck around hummy and stuff. I do recognize your name tho.

@Ouja Akuma: I've never heard of Rolia or Solia. And tbh, I loved mene and I never once got a CI, I was happy enough with my avi I didn't need one. Idk if it wouldn't be worth it to bring it back though. There's so many memories and to just let it die slowly seems...cruel.

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 02:52:13 )
@Ava: I joined mene on my 13th birthday so I've been there a lot longer than I thought. I wasn't super active but I usually at least stopped by for the events and holidays. I remember the last few years I was confused why there weren't any events, I didn't know it was dying until like two months ago when I tried to equip a multi item and it didn't work. Then I saw Carn's post and...I almost cried. I miss The Wandering Poet and Longcat. I am also on the mene discord, I needed to see if anything could have been done.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 03:04:30 )

@Evilcupcakecat: Hey there, welcome to Voltra!
If you've got any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask us staff~ We're here to help after all!

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 03:23:23 )
@Ava: I was barely on anyways so I realized long after I should have. Looking back, I wish I would have spent more time on the site instead of only being active during special events. Of course that wouldn't have fixed anything but I might have made me feel better or given me more memories.

@Amber Lynne: Thank you, I like voltra so far, very welcoming.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 04:04:27 )

@Evilcupcakecat: We try to be!

When I figured joined, I find it surprising how kind and welcoming this community was. Like... wut? I'd never seen that before, and I absolutely love it~<3

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 06:09:38 )
@Ava: Would that have helped though? No matter how active the site is it still got abandoned and the code is stuck the way it is. :( I hate feeling so useless.

Donator — They/Them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/19 10:34:18 )
@Evilcupcakecat: Roliana and Solia were just other avatar sites. I like the community of Roliana but their avatars were kinda trash. I think Solia had the better avatars but they had no items worth investing into. Mene was a good mash of both. I was mainly active there in 2010 when I joined but I always came back for events or to lurk. I do wish it could be revived but seeing how avatar sites are becoming less and less (minus this site and Dappervolk), Mene would just be a lost cause.
I might join the discord tho but I'm rarely on discord even on the app, but since most are on here it's like Mene part 2.
Comic | Cosplay

Voltie — Dude/bro Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 02:44:52 )
I use discord all the time so it would have been stupid for me to not join. And idk but I kind of dislike dappervolks avi's. They strike me as creepy.
Male/20/gay/sad. :(
I usually only check this site like once or twice a day so it might take me a bit to respond.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.