Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Musical Theater

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 22:01:34 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I was a theater kid back in high school though not gifted in singing myself. Recently I've been listening to a few new ones on Spotify and was wondering what your favorites are, and what have you seen recently?

I've been obsessed with Hadestown lately. I was suppose to see it before COVID-19. I was actually suppose to see it tonight *sobs*. If you have a chance to listen it really bops, both the original and off Broadway version! Chant, Chant II/Reprise, and Wait For Me are my personal favorites. I'm also a huge fan of the actor who plays Hades. Patrick Page has so much range! Seriously look at all the roles he's done!

Green Goblin, the Grinch, and Frollo like wo w. He makes a great villain.

But besides Hadestown a few other amazing newer musicals I'd recommend would be:
Be More Chill (original version)
Heathers
Mean Girls
The Prince Of Egypt

And some less new but still good ones:
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Cats
The Lion King

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 03:21:41 )
My favorite musical will forever be Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I've never heard of this Hadestown, I'll have to look it up.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/3 17:10:45 )
OMGGG GLUME SAAAAME
I love Hedwig so much. I even sang for my musical theater classes aksdasjkdjad although it's not for my voice.

Hadestown has the best songs of musical from the past few years.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/24 04:52:34 )

I actually haven't seen any musical theater pieces, but I have a list that I would love to see:

Wicked [biggest wish to see], Rent, Cats, Hedwig and the Angry Inch

I do love musicals and have seen the movie versions of some (Rent and Cats). I also enjoy when shows add a musical piece to them.
I saw just a few clips of Hedwig because of the Riverdale series. There was also mention of Heathers in the series.

I'm always up for more suggestions to watch.
I plan on watching Repo! The Genetic Opera on Amazon Prime Video soon.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/15 02:23:13 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I wanted to update that now nearly 5/6 months later Broadway is back and I have booked flights to go to DC to see a performance of the Hadestown tour with a friend!

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — he/him/his Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 05:56:02 )

tyson pixel by alexis!

> funny i stumble on this thread of all things; i was as well a musical theatre kid in high school but never actually enjoyed musicals until very recently. right now i am just obsessed with Come From Away. it's so heart-wrenching and well done, and definitely restores some of one's confidence in the goodness and kindness of other people

<br>
tyson pixel by alexis! RIP tyson
<br>

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.