Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion What's the best way to make VOLTS (oops)

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 18:50:58 )
Hello all! Not sure if this belongs in this subforum, but I assume it does lol. I'm not on here often, and one thing I've always had a bit of confusion with is how to obtain the Volt currency. What ways would one go about doing it? Thanks for your time :)

edit: Not ohms, I'm a FOOL

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 18:54:35 )

You can get Ohms from donating, placing 1st or 2nd in AOTW, from trading with other users in the Exchange, or from the daily airship(located on the home page. You can click it once per day, and you have a chance of getting ohms, volts, or a daily chance item).

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 18:56:08 )

Oh and you can get them from event games I guess. Ohms were one of the prizes for Explore the Board during the last event

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 21:11:47 )

@Toby: Basically what Starlight said above. It's a premium currency. You donate for it. But unlike other avatar sites there are ways to make it without donating. Placing 1st or 2nd in AOTW or there is a less than 1% chance you could get it from the daily airship. You can also trading for it with another user.

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 21:14:47 )
@Totalanimefan:
@Starlight:
Thank you! I think I meant volts, I'm a dingus. It's good to know you can get ohms through multiple ways though!!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 21:17:55 )

@Toby: Oh I see. Hahaha, well you could donate to the site and then sell me those ohms, and I'll give you volts for them! jk, unless...
You mainly get volts through posting. We do have other ways to earn them like selling items to users, opening an art shop, event prizes. AOTW prizes. But mostly with posting. Oh and the daily airship. I think the odds of getting volts are something like 25% chance?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/7 22:05:49 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

I personally like the gamble feature of buying orbs and selling the items! But that's luck based so don't want to always assume you'll come out ahead. Posting in forums is the best way as others have said, every post helps! Maybe check out a few hang outs or charities and see what people are talking about! Plus with the winter event coming they always have a chat form too and it's very popular! The reaping ritual was the first one I had joined in myself this year and before I knew it I had nearly 10k volts in just a few days from talking! (not to mention how much of the event currency I had earned)

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 01:36:58 )
@Totalanimefan:
I'd be down for that, honestly, if it's something allowed on the site.
I see, that makes sense!! I'm pretty shy so I don't/didn't post on forums much, no wonder I never noticed lol. I hope someday the games like puzzles or something can also help you earn them but that might just be me

@Fading Kings: Very true! At least if you lose you still get some fun items! And I'll def have to check out some of the holiday stuff that sounds super fun!

Thank you all again for your advice it helped a lot!

Donator — He Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 01:47:40 )

@toby: if you have a lot of time to be online, and kinda shy to chat, i reckon the best way would be either spamming the undercurrent, or post in the arcade

The puzzles on the non event times gives out volts instead btw i think

Also dont forget to claim the airship in all 3 accounts xD

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 01:49:56 )
@Raxton: Oooo good to know!! Thank you!
Ah yes how could I forget default profile 62 XD

Donator — He Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 03:26:02 )

Ahh seems like based on this thread
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/11437

the jigsaw doesnt give out volts
My bad.. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 03:53:24 )

@Toby: trading ohms for volts is totally allowed. The going rate is 1 ohm = 20 volts.
In the future there will be a proper games page and we will be able to win a games currency from that. I'm not staff but that's what they have told us in the past.

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 04:28:52 )
@Totalanimefan: Oooo okay!! I'm excited to see what they have planned with that!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/8 05:16:49 )

@Toby: I'm excited for it too! But I have no idea when it's going to be done or what they have changed since last time they shared that with the community.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.