Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat my teen cousin msged me asking me to send them weed

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 14:23:22 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

oof... sweet child..... i said i couldn't bcus i could get in a lot of trouble. i cant believe im the cool queer older relative that they felt like they could reach out to though

but theyre going thru a hard time, does anyone have any good resources for teens who are being abused/are traumatized? something that doesn't involve having to call someone or report whats happening?

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 14:57:26 )
@vessel: Glad you didn't give them bud. Sounds like they're trying to find some way to escape their situation. While weed is a better drug to do that with, it is still a drug. Take it from a stoner, it's better to wait until you can afford it on your own :P

As for the resources, I know there are plenty of online therapy and counselling chat lines, in case they cannot get these irl. I used to use 7 cups of tea, but it's been literal years, not sure how that site it now.
It also helps a ton that they can trust you. Continue to support and talk with them, but don't over exert yourself, either.

Voltie — he/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 15:04:40 )
⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

@McMoney: yeah, they know i've gone thru addiction issues which is why they probably asked me. im gonna have a Drug Talk with them sometime soon. def worried that theyre looking to substances and worried abt who they might ask for drugs next

i'll check out some sites like that! i've used online support groups and i'm gonna recommend them joining some, maybe linking some therapy worksheets for them to use on their own. DBT & shit

i plan on offering to hear them out whenever im available, but that i have a lot going on too so i cant be as helpful as i'd like to

⇜┈┈┈┈┈┈ ∘ ꕥ ∘ ┈┈┈┈┈┈⇝

pm me if u wanna donate 2 my living funds

┋ 𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐒 ┋ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱 ┋ 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ┋
questinghangoutgallery

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 15:19:17 )
@vessel: It's a hard talk to have, but it's better they know the dangers. I know how it is, you don't know you're hooked until you're spiralling. Good on you for keeping tabs on them.

My husband has been studying positive psychology lately. Might be a good first step to look into it, very interesting stuff and it sets a base for working towards self improvement and quality of life.

Of course, you got your own life! It's still incredibly sweet of you to take the time and put in the effort of caring for their situation. Wishing you both the best 🤙

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.