Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Heaven on Earth

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 05:34:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He grumbled to himself as he stepped out of the office, looking at his surroundings. The ceilings were higher than anyone could imagine, supported by pillars of what looked like ivory... and the carpet below him seemed to be little more than thin veil of clouds.

He shook his head, his short light brown hair ruffling a little, and cracked his knuckles, the sound echoing throughout the chamber. He then seemed to brush something off the shoulder of his leather vest, and sighed quietly.

His deep blue eyes scanned around, before he shrugged and started to walk.

"Looks like that's it." he muttered to himself.

"Thankfully." he said further. "Last thing I need is-" he started to continued, before he noticed a slender woman step out from behind one of the pillars.

As soon as he saw her, he groaned.

"Oh. Great." he mumbled, looking at the woman he towered over.

"YOU don't show yourself unless you want to speak to someone directly." he grumbled further.

"So. To what do I owe this... immense honour?" he asked, sarcasm dripping off of his last two words.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 06:02:20 )

"I know you do not like me, although I haven't a clue why." She started.

"But you need to go and save the life of a young woman." She continued, her voice sounding ethereal, as if she had unknown power, and was a force to be reckoned with. It almost sounded like there was immense time and voices behind her own, which was something that, for anyone other than those that usually saw her, was nigh on unbelievable.

"You have about three minutes before she dies, and that would just not do well. Also yes. It does need to be you."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 06:03:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent as the woman said what she did to him, his eyes narrowing at her.

"....me." he said.

"You want ME... considering WHAT I am and WHO I am... to rescue one of those creatures." he told her. However, she didn't have to say anything, or answer his question, before he sighed.

Heavily.

"What am I saying, you said what you said and you mean what you say." he said to himself, rolling his eyes.

"All right, all right." he muttered.

"Save a human." he truncated. "Do what you do and make sure I know what the hell you're talking about." he mumbled further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 06:10:40 )

She sighed lightly before holding a piece of cloth out to him. It wasn't large, was only about three inches square and obviously a duplicate of the section in question.

"Here." She said simply. He knew that upon accepting it, He would have all the information that he needed in order to do what it was that he was tasked with. Now, whether or not he wanted that information was something that she would put money down that he didn't want. She knew he had a disdain regarding humans, but that was part of the reason why it was going to be him.

Not that she would say anything about that, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 07:09:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, the man sighed. He extended his hand, accepted the cloth, and instantly his mind was flooded with information, and the cloth disappeared. His eyes flashed with knowledge, and his expression softened slightly.

"...." he was silent for a moment, and sighed once more.

"3 minutes is generous." he told her.

"Guess I should go." he said, before he disappeared in a pillar of light, leaving her alone with a few white feathers fluttering softly to the clouded floor.

He then appeared in the middle of a blaze of a house fire, and looked around.

"...geez." he muttered, before listening closely, tuning in for the one he was sent to save.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 07:16:02 )

He was met with silence, barring the crackling of the fire, until he heard footsteps above him.

"L-Lex!" He heard, before it was followed by violent coughing. He could hear, especially considering what he was there to do.

He heard a thump above him, followed by something akin to dragging.... along with the coughing, still.

It was definitely sounding weaker, thogh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 07:32:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He rolled his eyes and disappeared from where he was, appearing where he'd heard the noises. When he appeared on the floor, he was looking down at a young woman that had fallen to the floor, and appeared to be trying to drag herself to safety.

However, she was doomed to fail. She would die in this blaze.

He then sighed, and watched as she placed a hand on his foot, as she wasn't exactly looking where she was going.

When she looked up, her bleary, blurry vision seemed to almost make out the form of a muscular and intimidating man standing above her.

And his hand was outstretched towards her, palm open.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 07:40:48 )

She was silent as she saw him, barely able to even process what was there due to fires and smoke blurring and screwing with her vision. As she realised there was a hand though, she grasped it quickly, trying to suppress some coughs as she did so, and definitely hoping to not breathe too much, as it was definitely something she knew would be bad.

As soon as the contact was made, the one that was there quickly got her onto her own two feet and pulling her close.

The next thing she knew, he was stepping back from her, as he'd released her, and she fell to her hands and knees on the soft grass. Coughing violently enough that she didn't immediately process that they were outside.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 07:46:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He took a step back when she started to cough, before looking back at the blaze that was the house.

Or what used to be the house.

Even if he were to intervene and stop the fire now, the house was done for. It was ruined. It would be a mess. An irreparable mess.

However, he had enough respect for the nature that surrounded the house to do something about it.

As such, when the young woman briefly looked up at her saviour, she saw what looked to be large white feathery wings emerge from his back, and cause massive gusts of wind, quelling the fire and putting it out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 07:51:10 )

After the coughing finally subsided enough, she managed to get to her feet and get out of the way of the gusts of wind he was causing. She didn't say anything for a few seconds, not entirely sure what to make of that.

She hadn't actually known that something like an angel existed, yet that was the only thing that she could think of for an explanation as to waht the hell she was witnessing here.

She waited until the fire was quelled and he wasn't at risk for being distracted before she spoke.

"Thank you." She said simply, calmly. He could hear the gratitude in her voice, her appreciation of how he saved her.

This wasn't something she'd forget.

He could also hear how rough she sounded, and could see it. The smoke had done at least a bit of a number on her, after all - especially if that cough was anything to go by.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 08:01:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When he turned around and looked at her... he couldn't help but like the look of gratitude she was giving him. Not in a sense that it made him feel proud about himself, but it more caused a... warmth inside of him to swell up. A warmth he... hadn't felt in a while.

He then just sighed, and looked back at the house. Or what was left of it, before looking back at the woman.

"Don't thank me." he said.

"I just do what I do." he told her.

"..." he was then silent, before handing her an orb of very pale mana.

"Take it." he said.

"It will purify your system."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 08:09:35 )

She was completely silent for a moment before smiling softly.

"And again, thank you." She said simply as she accepted the orb. Almost instantly, her complexion improved, and he could tell she was breathing better. Not that it was hard to, of course.

".... What could I ever do to thank you?" She asked, her voice sincere.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 08:20:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." he was silent, before sneering slightly.

"Nothing." he said.

"Don't thank me. Don't think about anything like that." he told her.

Then, before she could say anything more, they heard a panicked male voice call out in the distance.

"AIMEE! OH MY GOD, AIMEE!" the voice yelled.

The man that was standing there, glanced in the direction of the voice, before stepping back. As soon as he did, there was a pillar of light that formed around him and he was gone, seemingly sucked up to the sky.

Once the beam dissipated, a single solitary white feather floated down towards her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 08:22:42 )

Aimee was silent as the man vanished, leaving a single feather.

She caught it, her mana seeming to solidify it. Normally, it would have faded as soon as someone touched it - or it touched something - but her pure aligned mana had the effect of making it so that the feather stayed.

She didn't even seem to be noticing the one who was calling for her, at least not until she heard his voice closer. She looked up, and over.

"Lex!" She called from where she was before looking around, wanting to know where he was before heading in that direction. The one that had saved her had made sure the fire was out, so it was dark ... and pretty hard to see overall as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 08:29:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she called out to the one that was looking for her, she heard footsteps. Frantic footsteps. And they were getting closer and closer, rapidly. Even though it was dark, she soon saw him approaching her quickly.

When he was close enough, she saw the panic, the concern, the sadness, the relief... all the emotions that were playing out in his normally listless and tired eyes.

And then the tears started to flow.

"...Aimee..." he said quietly.

"You made it out alive." he said further.

"Thank God. Thank the heavens." he continued, his voice quivering slightly. It was clear that he was going through a variety of emotions right now, and doing his best to not break down in front of her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 12:29:00 )

Aimee looked over to the one that had approached with a soft smile.

"Don't worry, Lex. You haven't lost your sister yet." She said with a light chuckle as she stuck the feather into her braid.

"I'm ok. Truly, I am." She assured him befor elooking at the remnants of their home.

"... however, our home isn't."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 18:44:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex looked over towards the charred husk that used to be their home, and sighed deeply.

"....yeah." he said.

"It... we can't live her any longer." he commented, before looking back at Aimee.

"....how did you get out?" he asked.

"With all the smoke, you... I mean, I was afraid that..." he continued, but couldn't bring himself to say anything more.

"Just... how did you get out?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 19:02:46 )

".... An angel rescued me." Aimee answered honestly.

"I don't know why, but he was there, and get me out." She added with a light sigh.

"If he hadn't... I'd be dead. There's no denying that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 19:31:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Lex was silent for a moment when he heard her explanation.

"An... an angel." he said.

She nodded in response.

"I... Aimee, I'm going to admit, I have... serious doubts about that." he told her. "Are you sure you didn't just... imagine it?" he asked, before pausing and thinking about it.

"But... I also know that there is a lot more to this world than there seems." he then admitted.

"Aimee, I wouldn't be... answering the question like that to others." he warned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/30 19:36:19 )

Aimee was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

".... All right." She said.

"I have a feather though." She added as she plucked the feather out of her hair and held it out so he could see it.

"Dropped when he left."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.