Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing MAYHEM | SUPERHERO ROLEPLAY [1x1]

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 07:47:24 )

MAYHEM
f u t u r i s t i c | s u p e r h e r o r o l e p l ay

The year is 2049, the future of Gotham City, now nicknamed Mayhem. The setting is futuristic and many things have changed in technology and other goods though people have not. They still have their gritty personalities, mostly keep things to themselves unless involved in a situation making it harder for the cops to find rising criminals..especially raising supervillains. Though of course when there are rising villains there are rising heroes…

[ muioo & peony only ]

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 08:28:40 )
Cystal & Skylar Mikkins

It was any other morning at Gotham, or Mayhem as people here call it now, the siblings walked their way across their schoolyard as they spoke to one another in an exclusive area though could still easily blend in with any other student here, of course, since they were students. Skylar stared down at his little sister as she spoke frustrated at him as always. “Oh my god Skylar! You never let me do anything!” She said with a pout from afar she was seen as a pouty bubble social bird compared to her brother who always kept his cool or just seen as an uninterested robot unless it’s his sister, Cystal, gets under his skin which was pretty easy for her to do. So typical brother and sister. Cystal was quite upset with him for what he had done the other night to her.

“You always gotta ruin everything and get in the way,” She continued and put her index to her thumb showing how close she was. “ I was so this close to getting ‘em!” She said turning her back to him as she explained before glancing back at him.

“So you pulled me aside cause you’re still upset about yesterday at the parking lot?” He questioned and she nodded. “I’m not repeating myself again to you for you can understand, you’re an adult figure it out. “Skylar said before walking from her, “I’m not going keep babying you and let you have your way.” as he adjusted his backpack to go to the library to return his books. “Hey! S-Skylar! UGH!” She stared at disbelief and huffed making her ginger hair bangs fly off her freckled face for a bit as he walked away from her, but left it be as she seen her friends run up her to join them for brunch at the cafeteria.
@Peony:

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 09:21:53 )
Louis

Truth be told, life here at Mayhem was--in one word--difficult. He had only moved here recently despite all of the rumours and not-rumours about this place crawling with crime and villains with superpowers to boot. Frankly, it sounded like a terrible idea to the average person, but Louis liked to pride himself that he wasn't so average. He had been sent to live here, after all, as a training ground from that upstart company his parents entered him in. Naturally, they were both superheroes and wanted their child to continue in their footsteps, having noticed that he inherited a bit of both of their powers at a young age.

Louis did not exercise his powers much outside his hometown since it was rather peaceful, so he knew how to be the normal kid growing up in school and such. Here was different though -- in the first few months of being here, he already almost got robbed, and helped someone getting robbed, and actually almost got himself caught in a much larger fight between superhero and super villain. Terrifying, to say the least, but he couldn't help but loop those moments in his mind.

He was rather absentminded the whole day he was in school, and by the time recess (or was it lunch already?) rolled around, he just found himself eating alone on one of the small, empty tables, thinking to himself that he should finish soon so that he could get out of this awkward and lonely situation.

@muioo: (Hope this is okay!)

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 09:50:01 )
Cystal & Skylar Mikkins

The group of girls walked toward the cafeteria, Cystal stood in the middle of the group showing she was the leader of her little cheer tight knit squad, she had her down with a blue bow on her head the complemented her bright natural ginger hair and pale skin. Her greens eyes danced around from each of her friends as they spoke and squealed when something exciting was being told. Despite the trouble and her double life in Mayhem Cystal and her brother able to be normal since they were born and raised here. Everything that happens here is normal to everyone though of course their are cases where most wouldn’t call this ideal living..but what can you do.

As she walked along her crew she began to slow her walk as seen a ln unfamiliar face. Now Cystal knew basically everyone at the school since wasn’t that big since budget cuts and other things plus being a popular and cheerleader she made sure she knew everyone. So when she seen a new face it excited her greatly. Mostly for her personal gain from getting bored of these other bums. Ahem. The freckled faced stopped and placed her hands on the loner’s table with a friendly smile. “Hai!” She said then glanced over to her friends waving them away and told them she'd meet them at their table later. “I hope I’m not a bother.” She asked then continued. “Are you new? I haven’t seen you around before….or maybe it just went over my head.” She giggled then put a hand toward him.

“I’m Cystal, or can you call me Cy.” She added.

@Peony: (( You’re find love ★ ))

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 14:17:14 )
Louis

Since Louis was all alone, he could easily see how the status quo in the cafeteria worked. Honestly, he thought that such cliquish circle of friends were just a thing that media liked to exploit, but it seemed that it had some truth in it after all. The young man easily noticed (as did many others) the cheerleading squad that entered with an energy that commanded dominance. His azure eyes only settled on them for a moment before he went back to his less than average food. He sure missed his mom's cooking right about now, and this was made moreso since the food back in the agency wasn't all that good either.

But something changed in the air around him -- a person was intruding into his space. Before he could react, delicate looking hands hit the table and he had no choice but to look up. Louis froze, wasn't this girl leading the posse? He only had to crane his head a little to either side to see that the rest of her followers were simply talking to themselves. Was this a common occurrence? Also, who even said "Hail" nowadays??

He realised that by now he must've been staring at her completely dumbfounded and speechless for a few seconds before he tried to respond. What was she asking? His name? "Oh, I, uh, I'm Louis." Way to make a smooth introduction, now he would be forever known as the awkward guy. "L-Luu is fine. Nice to meet you?" He took her hand and shook it lightly before letting go. "Uh, I'm new..." He must've lost track on how many mental facepalms he gave himself at this point. Why couldn't he have started out as the cool guy? Noooo, he just had to flub it big time in front of one of the most seemingly influential people of the high school.

@muioo: (sorry for the late reply, was studying :( )

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 19:24:32 )
Cystal & Skyler Mikkins

She stared at him as she realized that he hadn’t said anything yet, shit did she came in to strong? Maybe since she made a slight scene when she hit the table to get his attention earlier. Whoops. She gave worry look after awhile. “Louis…” She repeated to remember in her memory box of names before continuing with a smile back on her face. “Nice to meet you as well. You had me worry there for a sec Luu~.” Cystal giggled at the fumbling male once shook hands, the female took her bag off her back and place it on the table as she sat down across from him.

“Ah I knew it!” She said giddily though added with a guilty face. “Or I would’ve felt so bad if you wasn’t and I miss-” Oddly she stopped what she was saying for a quick second. ‘What are doing?’ She heard her brother’s voice interrupted her train of thought. He spoke to her in his telepathy like he always did to check on her even though he knew she full well didn’t like it. ‘None of your business, but if you know I’m making sure our study body is taking care of.’

‘You and student body?’

‘Yep is there a problem bro? It’s not fir---.’

‘Ah so you’re playing that you care?’

A almost agitated look came about her though shook it away quickly when she glanced to see if she could find her brother in the cafeteria, it was hard naturally since he could easily blend in anywhere since he wasn’t loud as her. Though she was his sister so it took long than quickly put her attention back to Louis. “S-sorry I thought I seen someone that I knew. “ Cystal ignored Skylar if he had anymore comments to see on her doing.

“Anyway welcome to Mayhem’s HS, we are pretty welcoming...well try to make the most of it for everyone she that’s when I come me as your ‘Welcome Committee’ ~!” She threw her hand up in excitement. “How long have you been here or in Mayhem in general Luu?” She ask.

@Peony:

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 21:52:43 )
Louis

Honestly he didn't mean to worry her, it was just he was so off-guard that someone was randomly speaking to him that he had no idea what to say. Things seemed to have fixed themselves when he said his name though, and the conversation allowed itself to proceed. He let out an awkward laugh, "Sorry...it's not everyday someone just approaches me to say hi." Louis replied, happy to find that he had stopped stuttering. For some reason he thought that she was just there to greet him, so when she actually placed her bag down, he almost visibly jumped in surprise. Instead, it just translated to raised brows.

Did she make a point to know everyone in the school? He supposed it came with the responsibility of being popular. The young man was confused that she suddenly stopped her sentence midway and seemed distracted. Louis glanced behind him, but there was no one walking nearby -- they were close to the wall already. "Well it doesn't seem like there's anyone else here." he did not mean for that to come across as no one actually hanged out with him, but...

Oh, the conversation shifted. "Ah, uh, thank you. That's nice of you guys." Sure people welcomed him the first time around, but it sounded more like as formality rather than a genuine interest in him. He wondered how long Crystal would last before she would go back to her posse. "I've only been here for a few months. Still getting a hang of things." he answered simply. Louis recalled that the agency told him to be more cautious of people around here, partially because anyone could be two-faced. He wondered if this girl was hiding something.

@muioo:

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 02:56:44 )
Cystal & Skyler Mikkins

She nodded acknowledging this information. “Well while you are doing that how about you hang out with us,” She began and heard her brother again in her thoughts.

‘You better not--’ A smile widen on her as she continued. “or maybe a smaller group? Like my brother and --” She began before her brother walked over to the table with crossed arms, he as well had the same coloured hair and eyes as her though with less freckles. “You and I do what?” His annoyed green eyes glanced over his sister despite having a calm expression. He wore a dark coloured button up collared shirt and jeans. While Cystal wore a plaid skirt and tucked in collared shirt, one of her brother’s that she stole. “Ah speak of the devil, this is my brother Skyler.”

Skyler looked over the new boy questionably though let a hand out to shake. “Sorry, if my sister is bothering you.” Skyler glared back her as she showed an innocent face. “Oh don’t be a grumpy pants Skyler!~” She began knowing for well this bothers him. “Plus this would be great maybe you’ll make a friend!” Cystal put an arm around her older’s arm making him lean on her a bit, though enough for she could reach his ear, since she was much smaller than he. ‘Karma.’ She whispered in his ear before letting him go.

“Childish..” He grumbled to himself though let her do whatever she wanted to do..for now. “So would you want the detour later today...let’s say after school?” She asked Louis now looking at him as she was about to sit down though Skyler stoped her at her tracks and spoked. "No, not after school, you do have practice and studying to do and not going making friends. " He said to her as he grabbed her bag and her hand. "I'm sorry but this conversation have to be cut short...come on Cystal."

Hearing this her cheeks bloated into a pouted as before and huffed and followed him then glanced over to Louis. "Bye!~ I'll see you later Luu!!" She waved.

@Peony:

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/23 22:00:39 )
Louis

This time Louis could not hide his surprise. "Seriously? Me hanging out with you guys?" He glanced again at the group that had already settled in their assigned spot in the cafeteria, chattering away on whatever topic that the boy probably did not know of. But then she mentioned something else, "Ah, brother--?" He didn't even have time to react when another person joined the table with a rather irritated look. This was two people too many on a usual day, so Louis was feeling nervous. He felt conscious of everything: the food he was eating, the clothes he was wearing (that consisted of a plain white shirt with a lightning bolt print and jeans), and, well...his face?? Okay, try to keep it cool.

Trying his best not to tremble, he took the hand and gave it an attempt at a firm shake, "I-it's alright, nice to meet you." Formalities were always the best to fall back on when he had no idea what to say. He wanted to say that she wasn't really bothering him, he was really just caught off-guard. Yet he found himself unsure of where to interject since the siblings had already started bantering, complete with the whisper in the ear. He wondered what it would be like to have a sister or a brother since he was an only child.

"Wait, a tour?" he was not sure if he misheard. Plus, Louis had already been in this school for a few months. It was not big, so he was familiar with the main facilities already. Before he could decide, though, Skylar was already pulling her away and they left the table. Suddenly all he could hear was the noises of the cafeteria, yet he noticed that some people were staring at him for a few moments before going back to their own business. Feeling a little embarrassed, he ate the rest of his food quickly and opted to head to the library for the rest of the break.

@muioo: (Sorry for the lateness! Was trying to write a paper with moderate success ;; If you want you can skip to dismissal already or wherever :0 )

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 10:39:26 )
Cystal & Skyler Mikkins

He dragged his sister away and out the cafeteria, of course this was quite normal for them to always drag each other away so her crew watched the scene with giggles and back to what they’re stories and such after looking at the new kid.

They went on their way to class as they talked about the new plan of showing this kid around Mayhem or something since Cystal haven’t thought it through what she was going to show, typical of her. Which is why Skylar was leader of this duo. He stared at her as she brought it up again after school when they was walking in the halls and out the doors of the small school and to the campus fields for practice. Cystal had practice though she could just skip it, but it wouldn’t look on her resume, prep, and etc. “Hmmm..well I’ll think of something, but,” She said with a shrug and turned to her older brother, making him stop at his tracks, “ for now watch over him for me please?” she asked him with a hopeful smile and battered her lashes.

He rolled his eyes at first before answering her. “ Fine, we’ll be at the bleachers waiting on you since I don’t have club or lacrosse today.” Hearing this she giddily hugged him and went on to practice. When she meet up with her squad of course they had lectured her for leaving them at lunch earlier of the day until she apologized.

As that she did her things, Skyler adjusted his bag and went to look for..what was his name? Louis? He walked to the gates to wait on him hoping he haven’t missed him.

@Peony: ((It’s ok lmao I had fallen asleep after I had read your post. I was so tired. ))

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 22:26:17 )
Louis

Class went on as usual with the siblings nowhere in sight. Thankfully, he was able to concentrate on the teacher without thinking too much about what happened earlier. Who could blame him? It was so out of the blue that he could not help but put it on loop, wondering if the meeting was actually going to lead to something fruitful like a friendship. They seemed nice enough, with the brother rough around the edges with his sister but at least he showed manners. When the bell rang, he remembered that they were talking about showing him around school, but he wasn't sure if that was actually going to push through.

That was until he saw Skylar by the gate, clearly waiting for someone. Oh boy, uh, should he approach him or wait for him to walk to him? Not wanting to block the others from heading home, he supposed he had no choice but to follow the crowd. At least there wasn't a lot of homework for today, and he figured that this wasn't going to take so long and he'd be able to return to the dorm soon. "Uh, hello...I guess your sister had something else to do today?" he asked, taking care to raise his voice a little to be heard from the bustling crowd.

@muioo: (Finally got to finish that darn paper)

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/25 06:01:56 )
Cystal & Skyler Mikkins

As he waited for the boy he looked through a couple of books that he has gotten from the library as he did so he had his glasses on. It was long until he seen Louis above the crowd of chatty students. He waved at him to get his attention and spoke when he came by and ask about Cystal. “Yea, she’s at practice at the moment so we’ll meet her at the field. “ He said putting his things away in his bag and waved him to follow. “Sorry again about the sister for dragging you into this,” he began again apologetically before continuing as they were on their way to the football field. “ So what have you seen so far? Cystal told me that you’ve been here a few months or something.”

Once their arrival to the football field, Cystal was seen practice then stopped, ‘Hurry up we not going to be here all day..’ she turned around and waved at the boys that now sat the bleachers then held up one finger than five showing that she’ll cut it short and give her 15mins. Skylar gave a thumbs up. As he sat there before putting his attention to their new, might as well for his sister pleasure, found friend.

“SO tell me about yourself since you’re going to be sticking around by the force of my little sister.” He said, “ HOw do you like it so far? Interesting hm?”

@Peony: ( :o ooooh I bet you’re happy I know I would be lol. Papers are hella hard. )

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/28 22:25:07 )
Louis

"Practice?" for a moment he had forgotten that Crystal was a cheerleader, thus she must've had some after school activities. [b]"Oh, right. Sounds demanding." he commented nonchalantly. Louis followed him without hesitation, a little surprised that this was actually happening. Normally he just would just go home straight after school, so this was all new to him. When he thought about it, he actually did not know what the school was like after dismissal, but it seemed that there were still a good number of students around.

"Ah, it's alright. I didn't mind." he was rather unsure of that answer, but it would have to do. Besides, it didn't seem like Crystal had bad intentions of making him feel welcome. "And uh, I've gone around the school a few times, but I haven't really seen the clubs and stuff." from where they were, he could already hear the shouting, whistles, and whatnot from the field. The school was small, so it naturally followed that their football field was not really the standard size. It was good enough to host a small, local game though, and it housed a few clusters practicing at once. He awkwardly sat not too close to Skylar but on the same row in the bleachers. There were a couple other group of friends sitting elsewhere.

Louis was taken aback a little by how direct the question was though. What to tell? "Oh, uh, yeah, the school seems nice so far..." he sputtered a little, "I haven't really been involved with the school since I transferred here, but I did hear about the rumors..." of superpowered individuals roaming the halls, and some of them getting into spars late at night. There was an incident where the rooftop was covered in burnt marks, that was where it started. "I guess that's interesting, if not kind of scary?" especially if they were 'villains'. Well, he actually wouldn't be so scared if he had to fight them behind his mask, but in his regular persona he felt unsure of himself.

@muioo: (holy smokes i've been trying to write a reply for days but i always end up unable to finish it )
:vanora_huff:

Voltie — he/they Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/18 04:34:19 )
Cystal & Skyler Mikkins

Skyler was looking through his book since they were gonna be for a little so he decided to finished what he had left of homework since he did most of in class as usual and while he waited for the new kid. He adjusted his glasses as he listened to him as he read and glanced over to his from the corner of his eyes when he heard him speak of the supernatural; like supers and such rumour that has been going about in the school. Not a really a surprise since anything can happen in this sad of a city and how fast rumours go among only students though. Rarely anything goes to staff ears. “Really scary? More like interestingly fun!” Cystal said out of nowhere and sitting next Louis. “Ah speaking about scary. “ Skyler said glancing at his sister who now was sticking her tongue at his tease as he did as well then added.

“ You finished with practice already? You have about 20 so mins left?” He asked her and nodded conforming it. “Yea, but I couldn’t wait on showing Luu around, so I told coach I had an emergency new student help.” She said with a smile proud of her excuse of skipping cheer practice. Skyler would probably say something, but decided not to and shook his head as he put his things away and stood for them could start on their little adventure. “So you haven’t seen any of the clubs?” He said speaking of the convo from earlier.

“The only ones that are going tonight is the chess club, student council, and some others, just a few. “ He read from his phone.

@Peony: [ooc]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.