Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — alien Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 21:22:34 )

I'm feeling sad and idk. i like to post stuff.

I find it incredibly sad and disappointing that you can literally be best friends, dating, or otherwise just generally speaking to someone every single day, all day, and then out of nowhere, suddenly you two just stop speaking. Most of the time, in my case at least, it's the other party that suddenly ghosts me. They make no effort to speak to me first, make barely any effort to answer, usually giving me replies that I'm unable to respond to, and then the conversation just dies, because I hate bugging people/messaging them more than once.

I don't understand how someone can just do that. How you can be so involved with someone and then out of nowhere just not give a shit about them anymore. This has happened with two people in my life recently and it's incredibly upsetting. I feel like I just continue to waste my time even bothering to make connections with people. It makes me feel like something is wrong with me, and I have no idea what to do about it.

If people would just communicate and be open, instead of avoiding things and not speaking about them, I feel like a lot of issues, including this one, could be solved. But why act like an adult, amiright.

ugh
sorry y'all. just needed to vent.

Please @ me to get my attention. C:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 21:29:00 )
I empathize completely. Fell out of touch with my best friend and roommate in college but not by a lack of trying on my part. She is still active on Facebook and we remain Facebook friends, but it's as if I'm invisible to her. Incredibly disheartening. I know your feels, dear.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 21:31:29 )
I can relate to a lot of what you write about, actually, and for that I thank you. It helps to understand how other people view these feelings and their associated events.

I've come to think of this particular phenomenon as like... an overload. You (and this is a very general 'you' here) invest a lot in that first impression, subconsciously, and in what you do during that block of time be it a few days or a week. You talk, you play games, you do whatever, and then it ends one day because I've concluded people don't get tired of you, but they just get overloaded.

This in turn leads to both of you avoiding each other out of fear that the other doesn't want to do those things anymore. Obviously you annoyed them or did something wrong, right? Usually not, in my experience.

What I find is that, the person will eventually come back to you and want to do those things for another large block of time, and it's as if nothing ever happened. And the cycle tends to repeat itself if either party is open to it.

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/21 23:49:25 )
Yup, I know the feeling. I had a nice group of friends, who I hung out with a lot and could get along with amazingly. Then I got a depression and *poof* gone. They all dropped me like I never been more than a person they greeted on the streets (keep in mind that I live in a small town, where everyone greets each other).
Then I got new and better friends. At least, so I thought. Then my mother got lung cancer and only a few of them were left. Then I needed an emergency operation, for a whole in my stomach, and *poof* again.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 01:01:56 )

[x]

pls don't

Voltie — they/them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 04:52:25 )
I've been ghosted on and I guess I've ghosted on quite a few people just because I am bad at keeping up friendships because of my anxiety.
But if they'd talked to me instead of assuming I was avoiding them and getting pissy with me, it might not have happened that way.
I still have long-term friends who understand me and my social needs, so it's cool.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — - Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 04:29:48 )
I'm in the same boat. And when I mention it, they're all like, "You're being needy! Stop!" Lmao no. I'm not. You're being distant and don't care that it bothers me. Stop!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 14:44:25 )
@GaySpaceTrash: I feel this way a lot, sometimes when I feel that way,
I won't chat or ping anyone I'll just lurk around, and I have been ignored
and it is fine, I don't hang out with my friends in real life they'd rather be
distant, so it's whatever with them plus I like my internet friends, I have
more in common with my internet friends, then I do with my real life friends.

your more then welcome to post with us all in ♥ Panda's Loving Charity ♥ Welcome!
I know that most of us are all on a different times and some arn't online for sometime
but we all come back and welcome all. I am always here to talk to or if you need to vent
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.