Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Bloodlines

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:58:06 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she had finished her text to Rene, she received a response from her father.

Stay safe. I'll tell your mother. Love you. it said.

And then she received a text from Rene.

No, not yet. Not to my knowledge. he told her.

Then, before she could respond to either of them, she heard a sound. A heavy sound, like someone slumping out of bed.

She didn't know who it was, but she had a guess.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 00:03:09 )

Jordan had been about to reply to the texts before pausing.

.... I might be sending him. She sent before sighing lightly as she got to her feet, concern in her movements as she stuck her phone into her pocket and heading off to where she heard the audio from. She didn't know who it was, but she knew it was either Sebastien or her brother.

"Hey! you ok!?" She called from the hall, not sure if she could identify which room it came from before hearing something else, again.

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 00:30:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She got silence in response, before a door opened, and Sebastien stepped out.

"Oof." he muttered.

"Not good." he said.

"I feel... a LOT worse." he continued.

"Dunno what this is, but... not good at all." he went on, looking at Jordan.

"Have you seen your brother?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 00:36:49 )

Jordan made her way over and stood there for him to use her as a bit of a support. She was shorter than him, notably, but that didn't mean it would be impossible, she thought. She hoped.

"No. I haven't seen him yet." She admitted.

"I'm not sure why, but... I have my susupicion. Sebastien, you need to go to the hospital." She told him plainly, bluntly, and very honestly.

"Please, don't fight with him on this. Just go, all right? Whether you go yourself or I call for you to be picked up, I don't care. But please. Go."

♫You taste the silver, Sara! You taste the crown. | You thirst for blood from the roses in hand.♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:04:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sebastien just groaned.

"I'M not the one you need to worry about." he said.

"I'm half-demon. I can feel that half trying to fight this off." he told her.

"Darrell is not." he went on.

"He may be not-human, but he's no demon." he continued.

"I won't argue that I need to go to the hospital, but you might want to check your brother's room, to make sure he's... well... still with us." he suggested.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:08:36 )

Jordan was silent for a moment before her already pale complexion lost even more colour.

"Go. Please, just take care of yourself. Use your mana, I don't care. Just get yourself to the hospital." She said.

"I'm going to go make sure my brother is still alive." With that, she quickly made her way to the room that was her brothers, before knocking on the door - hoping to get a response.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:27:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She received no answer. At all.

She knocked again and opened the door... to see her brother in bed.

Or, rather, she saw a massive lump under the sheets, and couldn't see Darrell, directly.

"Darrell...?" she said as she approached, but got no answer.

However, before she could assume the worst, she heard something.

A groan.

It was soft... pained... hoarse... but it was there. She's heard it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:29:27 )

Jordan was quick to pull her phone out of her pocket and called Rene.

"...... Can you get someone to come colled Darrell fo rme, please?" She asked once he answered the phone.

"I ... I don't know the best way to go about it here, I don't even properly know his address." She admitted.

"Please.... both him and Sebastien are in poor shape."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:53:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence on the other end for a moment.

"Go to the front door." Rene told her.

"Wait for a crew wearing green and orange hazmat suits." he said further.

"Explain the situation to them and let them do their job." he went on.

"And do what they say." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 01:55:40 )

Jordan nodded, realising that he couldn't see it, as she started to make her way to the front door.

"Will do." She assured him. She was managing to stay calm, but he could most certainly hear how she was worried.

"... never thought I'd be happy I don't have mana." She then added after a moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 02:15:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mm." Rene replied.

"Take care." he told her.

They then ended the call, and she waited for those who would come.

They arrived only about a minute later, and when she answered the door, she saw 5 individuals in protective suits that were orange with green bands on them.

One stepped forward and addressed her.

"Time is of the essence." they said.

"Tell us all you know."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 02:26:38 )

Jordan just sighed before metting their gaze.

"My brother - Darrell - third door on the left down the hall. Half Vampire, half human. Portal mana." She started.

"Sebastien LeBlanc is in the hall, half demon, half human. Uhh... doin't know about mana." She continued.

"Bastien was feeling off last night, woke up to find him in quite a poor state. Darrell at first glance looks dead in bed." She paused a moment before sighing.

"I don't have mana."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 02:59:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that had addressed her motioned to the other 4, and they quickly headed deeper into the house.

They then looked at her and nodded.

"Right." they said.

"Thank you." they continued.

"Can I get your name and contact info, please." they asked of her.

When she did, they nodded again and sighed.

"We'll have to ask you to continue to stay indoors for the time being." they went on.

"It is not enforceable, as you have no mana, but that does not stop you from potentially being a carrier." they warned.

"Use your own judgement and conscience as guidance."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 05:41:47 )

Jordan nodded.

"Don't worry... I don't plan on going anywhere." She assured them.

"If only because if someone comes looking for either of them, someone has to be able to answer the phone or something."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 06:22:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The person nodded.

"Good." they replied.

"Excuse me." they then said.

"Please wait for me in the living room area." they finished, before heading updstairs.

Jordan did as she was told, sitting and waiting for an agonizing 10 minutes, before the one came back down and approached her.

"Your friends have been removed from the premeses, and will be given the best care we can give." they told her. "Your half-demon friend is faring as good as can be expected, his demonic half is pushing back the virus admirably." they informed her.

"...your brother is in critical condition, however. He'll be taken to urgent ER, and we should be able to, at the very least, see to it that he is no longer deteriorating." they continued.

"From what we've been told, you are in contact with Dr. Rene Calder." they went on. "It's just as well, you can contact him for any updates on the situation." they then finished.

"Any questions?" they asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.