Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Unexpected Guardian Angel

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 06:49:29 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden whipped his head around some.

"The smell is coming from... well, upwind." he said.

"Which isn't surprising." he mumbled.

"Perhaps it would be best if we just portalled back." he suggested.

"Or you could use your wi-" he started to say further, before he was cut off abruptly...

...as a small beam of pure light punctured his chest, from behind him, causing him to stumble, and fall to the ground.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 06:53:20 )

"Jaden!" Desiree exclaimed before growling lightly.

"Dammit! Deryck, I know you're here!" She called to the shadows around them.

"Come out from where you're hiding." She ordered, her voice strong. There was definitely some fear there though, and it wasn't something that could be denied.

All she heard in response though, was laughter.

A laugh she knew, and knew well, too.

"Oh fuck off... you too?" She asked, obviously unimpressed, considering how rarely she swore.

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 07:13:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden coughed a little, some blood coming out his mouth.

"They missed a vital area." he said.

"Somehow." he added.

"The hunter knows who to hunt first." Deryck's voice said.

"In this case, your little boy-toy." he went on.

"How fitting that freaks always find each other."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 07:20:30 )

"And we know how to deal with you too." A woman said with a laugh, a dark and evil laugh, as Desiree crouched down to Jaden's level.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked him, concern in her voice before smirking lightly.

"And neither of them have the eye, by the way." She added. "we have traits, they don't."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 07:39:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll need medical attention. Soon." Jaden said.

"My insides are damaged, but not irreparably." he went on.

"And at least there's that." he said further, shakily getting to his hands and knees.

"Oh, look at that." Deryck's voice said.

"Looks like he still has some life in him." he commented.

"Like an injured rat, knowing it's going to die, but continuing to fight anyway."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 07:42:55 )

"Shut UP Deryck!" Desiree snapped, whipping her head around to glare at him.

"I have put up with you and Mother's bullshit all my life, and it's high time you two just fucked off and let me live my own goddamned life!" She half screamed, having apparently reached her breaking point.

"Ohhh, has the little mouse finally grown a backbone?" The woman from before stated.

"We will leave you alone once you give up your wicked ways." She added, a bit of a hiss to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 08:00:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, shut up!" Jaden spat.

"They're not wicked!" he growled.

"And you KNOW it!" he yelled further.

"Just leave Desiree alone!" he continued.

"...or I will MAKE you!" he threatened, rising back to his feet, albeit shakily.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 08:07:23 )

"Desiree! Willingly give your trait to who should have rightly received it and we will leave you be." the woman stated, ignoring Jaden, as she approached the pair.

"You don't deserve to have something as special and renowned as the eye if judgement. Willingly give it to Deryck, and you will be rid of us." She said. Desiree just brought a hand up to her eye, her expression hardening.

"You know as well as I do that you will kill me if you try to remove it from me." Desiree stated as she took a step back from the woman.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 08:20:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Deryck had been approaching as well, but paused when he heard that.

"What?" he asked.

"That's a 50% chance of that happening." he told her.

"Stop acting dramatic." he ordered her, as Jaden stepped between Desiree and her family.

"I'm warning you." the dhampir said.

"This is your ONE chance to escape from this unscathed."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 12:35:38 )

"Actually, it's more of an 80/20 split, in favour of death." Desiree corrected.

"What the hell makes you say that?" The woman asked.

"Simplke, Mother. I did my research." Desiree snapped. This, of course, caused her mother to laugh.

"You believe the lies put out there? Where did you do your research?" She asked.

"In the Hunter Library in Edmonton." Desiree answered.

"You wouldn't even have been able to get in. You're a mage."

"I'm a hunter, and have the eye to prove it."

"Deryck, grab her. We're going to extract that eye if she cooperates or not. Kill the blonde if he gets in the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 20:49:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Deryck looked very confused for a moment, before shaking his head slightly.

"Right. Yes, Mother." he said.

He then started running towards her, with Jaden advancing as well... however, with Jaden as injured as he was, Deryck was able to knock him off to the side deftly, and get closer to Desiree.

"Come, sister." he told her.

"This is what's best." he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 20:52:39 )

Desiree just ducked her brothers attempt to grab her, and jumped back.

"Hell no." was her response.

"I refuse to go anywhere with you. I'm done. I am not going to deal with your bullshit anymore." she added as the wind started to increase in strength around them. It wasn't anything insane or even alarming yet, but it was most definitely and certainly noticeable now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 21:18:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

It seemed like Deryck was aware that this was going to happen. Or, rather, he was prepared for it.

He took something out of his pocket and threw it at her. When it hit her on her chest... nothing seemed to happen at first.

That's when she noticed that it seemed to a strange sticky gel-like substance... with something in the middle of it. A flashing red light.

And that was when the wind that had been whipping up was now concentrating itself...

...and headed right towards her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 21:37:46 )

Desiree let out a cry of pain as the wind was wrenched from her control, and it became an internal pain. Her very mana was attacking her.

She tried frantically to get it off, before she couldn't. The internal pain was far too great, and it brought her to her knees rather easily.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 22:01:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Upon seeing this, Deryck immediately put a rubber glove on, got closer to Desiree, knocked her onto her back, and ripped the gel off of her. It hurt her, yes, but her wind was no longer attacking her.

Which didn't really mean much, as the damage that had already been done to her had been enough to make it hard for her to move.

"Now, then..." he said.

"You had to do this the hard way, so we'll-" he continued, before he was tackled to the ground by Jaden.

"You'll leave her alone!" the dhampir yelled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 22:05:46 )

Desiree was having a hard time collecting her breath again due to winds attack on her

"Take care of the blonde. I'll extract the trait from your reject of a sister." the woman stated as she started to approach Desiree, withdrawing something form a bag as she moved.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 23:13:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden and Deryck struggled with each other for a moment, before Jaden was on top. He pinned Deryck down, and created a portal, bringing a sword out of it.

"I will kill you right now!" he declared.

"Heh." Deryck chuckled.

"If you do, Desiree will hold you in the exact same contempt that she holds US in." he told him. "Tell me, are you willing to lose her being in your life?" he asked.

"So be it." Jaden responded.

"If it means that Desiree can continue to live, and without fear of either of you... I will sacrifice being with her." he finished.

Deryck paused for a moment, seemingly shocked by the statement, but he soon found his strength and overpowered Jaden, pinning him to the ground and grabbing the sword.

"...." he was silent, before looking over towards his mother, to see what she was doing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/29 23:22:51 )

When he looked over, he saw his mother standing over Desiree, something in the palm of her as it was aimed toward the face, eye area, of his sister.

Neither said anything, but Desiree was trying to get away from her. The woman just backhanded her daughter, hard enough for an almost instant black eye and brushing down the side of her face.

"You wish sacrifice your trait, so that your brother, the rightful owner of it, can finally be the best he can be and live up to mine and Marcus' expectations!" as she spoked, the object on her palm sparked.

It was a out to connect to Desiree, and would likely kill her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 00:00:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Deryck had the blade to Jaden's chest, and any movement would be dangerous for the dhampir... but the hunter was silent for a moment.

Things were whirling in his mind, information clashing with itself, beliefs arguing with each other.

However, in that moment, he felt something.

He felt he knew what he needed to do right now.

And he did it.

The next thing the woman standing over Desiree knew... there was a blade plunged through her back, coming out her chest.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/30 00:06:40 )

She coughed, sputtered, just as the contact was made with Desiree. Deryck then reacted quickly, tearing the woman away from the downed magician. Desiree let out a cry of pure agony as that happened, but it wouldn't be hard for anyone to guess that she would survive. There was, definitely, also enough reason to believe that she wouldn't, though.

Harly anything was known about the method that the woman had been using.

As she was thrown to the grassy ground, landing on the sword that was piercing through her with a cry, she turned her gaze on her son.

"Why...?" She asked, ehr voice harsh, accusing, and very much unpleasant.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.