Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk No one likes unpopular people

Voltie — Alchemist Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 06:01:02 )
SO I have noticed on every single avatar site I am on that no one BUT the popular and well liked well know people ever get a damn thing. I have noticed and have been told about some contests on sites being rigged and things being unfair and the winner picked bc they are well liked and popular.
To those who say it's not true, I call bull shit and you very well may be one of those people.
I get SO tired of seeing the same people win things, and most are singe or people who aren't parents.
Like NO ONE gives a damn about people who like myself cannot post as much due to many things.
I am a busy mom with two young boys and one is is school.
So why eve bother with avatar sites? Because I like them and have been on them since 2003. And I do not have a social life outside the internet as I live in a small town, and when I say small I mean a population under 10k.

I just get SO tired of NO ONE looking out for the little guys anymore. Back on Gaia back in the day people were SO nice! And now it seems everyone is out to be the most popular and don't give a shit about anyone but the 'cool kids'. And how everyone thinks it's cool to be as harsh and cruel to someone and add "no offence" and think it's ok. When it's not. My faith in humanity drops so much when I see that.

Also NO negative replies and saying I'm bitching and need to get the hell over it, I'm telling you now... I WILL report you! I'm tired of negative stuff said to people, I'm sorry I decided to have a family and not devote my life to the internet. But I do know there are good people out there and I thank you for being so kind to me and others.
I just hate how everything is a popularity contest anymore. Even on this site I have seen it and am saddened by it and it makes me want to give up on this site.

Edit: For those who think I am pissed, I'm not I'm depressed.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 06:18:18 )
@Reapergirl87:

You talk about how you are a busy mother who has no life outside the internet, but you have to understand that your situation doesn't warrant a sense of self-entitlement. You shouldn't expect to receive an item from someone just because circumstances weren't in your favor. There are plenty of nice people on this site, in my opinion, but throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to appeal to them.

Do you not find it a bit unfair to call out what could be a majority of super cool people who have their own busy lives, but then hide behind an excuse of not wanting to be told your view is aggressively distorted? I know nothing about you, but I feel replying to you is extremely important because lashing out like this against people you may not even try to communicate with over not winning a contest, or not receiving items for free that others worked to get in some capacity?

That's not worth acting like this. You're better than this. I'm not going to say 'no offense' because I mean everything I've said to you here. You're a good person, but you're feeling left out. You're feeling isolated. But you have to know... that screaming at others is just going to deepen your separation from people.

And in the end, these sites are about the connections you make, and not about the items that will be here literally -forever- until the site closes.

Voltie — Alchemist Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 06:20:58 )
@Dowan: Please do not post again in this thread, it is obvious you did not read all of my post. I do not want negative things here.
Blair Elric mule

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 06:37:08 )
@Reapergirl87: I know you're not mad. I know you're depressed. You're sad that you can't participate as much as you'd like. That you can't get the items you want. That's probably not even it entirely, or even a small piece of it. Something else is probably going on in your life impacting your mood.

I'm not trying to be negative to you, here. I want you to see that a lot of people have read your post and want to say something to you, or now have an opinion of you that I know isn't true. I stick by my comment that you're a good person, and that's not a negative thing to say.

Your despair right now is fleeting, but if you continue down this path, its effects may be longer lasting than you intended.

I don't want to see you get hurt for acting on those fleeting emotions.

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 06:40:09 )
@Reapergirl87: As much as I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings, I must lock this thread. The manner you have taken to express your self is aggressive and not taken lightly here in our community.

Refer to the quote below:
Reapergirl87:
Also NO negative replies and saying I'm bitching and need to get the hell over it, I'm telling you now... I WILL report you!

This is considered a threat/aggression towards other users. The main reason I am locking your thread.

Feel free to contact me through PM with questions and concerns.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.