Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 05:56:09 )

On May 1, June 5, and July 3 (the first Friday of each month), the revenue share for all sales on Bandcamp will be waived from midnight to midnight PDT to help musicians impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. (More info here.)

While I am trying to minimize my spending, I am fortunate enough to be able to spare some funds. I do have a few artists in mind I wish to support, but I'm also always on the lookout for new music.

Does anyone have any recommendations for artists using that platform? I'd love to check them out and hopefully support them!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 16:09:28 )

I don't know what genre you usually listen to but my fave band ever is The Mostar Diving Club and they're on band camp. They're kind of indie folk music.
@Apollo Im Burning:

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/29 16:38:19 )
@apollo im burning:
I have ecclectic tastes, but I'll throw in a few suggestions for ya:

Lemon Demon does good electronica-pop stuff usually with a weird theme or non-sensical topic. Check out "As your Father I expressly forbid it" or "No Eyed Girl" for a flavor of it.

Ottiki and Charlotte is a duo that does some really banging techno music that sounds like it belongs to a sort of intense bullet-hell games, but that don't exist.

I like the punk band Strange Lips as well, but the music is pretty topically about being trans and queer, but they are a small band that definitely could use the support in these weird times.

Have a good day!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/30 00:42:00 )

@sunny: rock is my go to, but I like to think that I'll give mostly everything a go. c:
I'm listening to your suggestion right now, and they're pretty chill, totally digging it! Any songs in particular that you would recommend?

@Hadassah: Thank you so much for the suggestions! Definitely looking forward to checking them out! :)
And yeah, my hope is to help those that need it the most, so I'm really hoping I like Strange Lips! But even if not, might send a couple of bucks their way anyway. c:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/30 01:27:09 )

@Apollo Im Burning: I would recommend Crooked Sea, Honey Tree and Echoes. Tbh I love most of their songs.

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/30 04:00:38 )
I'd keep an eye on Peaer. They're doing some great stuff.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/30 17:41:56 )

@sunny: I was hoping to listen to more of their stuff before tomorrow, but I'm not sure how likely that is, so in case I don't pinpoint something of theirs that I absolutely love by then, I'll go ahead and at least get these, thanks! :)

@Shark: I started listening to some of their stuff, but is there anything you'd recommend? :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/30 21:56:37 )

@Apollo Im Burning: ok, I hope you find the time to listen, they're quite a relaxing band.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/1 03:21:26 )
@Apollo Im Burning: my favorites from them are Circle, Left/Felt, Don't, Joke, Dusty, Like You

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 02:15:07 )
I missed out on this round so its so good to hear they will be waiving fees again. My friend has content on Bandcamp, they go by Emerson Snowe. I'm not really sure how to describe his music. A little Daniel Johnson, Ariel Pink etc. He's been on such a journey in terms of sound.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/3 05:13:05 )

@Shark: Thank you for the recommendations! Unfortunately I wasn't able to give them a listen before yesterday, but hey, at least I've got a month now to plan accordingly! xD

@Kreatura: I'll definitely give them a listen! I feel a bit bad I wasn't able to listen to everyone's recs before yesterday (had a couple of things come up), but I fully intend to get familiar with them for next time!

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.