Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Unnoticed

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 05:50:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias's eyes widened a little, and his pupils shrank as he heard what the voice said, and felt... whatever it was on his shoulder.

He opened his mouth to say something, but his mouth was dry, his voice gone. He couldn't bring himself to speak.

He then whirled around to catch whomever was there...

...but they were gone.

It was as though nobody had been there at all.

He then almost staggered to the floor, but kept himself standing, holding the side of his head.

"...pretend to be innocent...?" he whispered.

"Am... I really just... a monster...?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 06:02:50 )

"Of course you are." he heard.

"You keep your snakes under lock and key, you don't allow them to truly live, or feed on what they need. " The voice continued. He could never find them though, only remnants of a black tendril like mana.

"You should give them a chance to be free. You should let yourself be free, as well."

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 06:23:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ngh..." Ilias grunted, as he grasped at his hair.

"No..." he said.

"No, that's not true!" he exclaimed.

"I... I need to keep them hidden... I need to keep MYSELF hidden..." he said further, his will wavering slightly.

But he then shook his head, and started to look around furiously.

"WHO ARE YOU!? WHERE ARE YOU!?" he demanded.

"SHOW YOURSELF!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 06:27:44 )

"You know I'm right, Nicolo." Was all they said before the door opened.

And Kiah walked in.

"Ilias?" She asked before setting the food she had in her hands down.

"You... look like you saw a ghost. What's up?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 06:50:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias didn't respond immediately... and when she got close. his snakes darted out of his hair, hissing and baring their fangs at her... and Ilias, himself, let out a snake-like noise, his eyes flaring up in a reptilian way.

...until he caught himself after a fraction of a second, and clamped his hands over his mouth.

Kiah then saw the horror in his eyes, as he realised what he did.

"...n-no!" he exclaimed.

"Stay away!" he told her.

"I'm a monster!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 06:53:23 )

Kiah didn't step back out of surprise or anything, instead she just quirked an eyebrow before laughing lightly.

"Ilias... go home." She said.

"That makes it quite apparent I'm overworking you." She told him honestly.

"I wish you had've said something before now, though." She added with a light sigh.

"But please. Go home. Take the rest of the day, and tomorrow, off. I'll take care of things here." If he could pick up on it, he could hear the concern and sincerity to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 07:15:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias was silent as Kiah said what she did, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." he apologised.

"I'll... I'll go home." he told her.

"I'm so sorry..." he apologised again, still shaking a little from his previous outburst.

Meanwhile, Hal had made his way to a house, and to the front door.

He knew what was going on in there. And he was NOT happy in the slightest. He approached the front door, and unsurprisingly, it was locked. He used his mana to force it open, though, and shut it behind him.

He then made his way up the stairs towards another closed door, before using his mana to literally bust the door open.

"AGENT ROXANNA CULVERTON!" he growled loudly, as he did so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 07:34:34 )

When Hal entered the room, he found it to be very ... full. There were several people in there, a couple of others that he employed that worked with Roxie, along with, of course, Zeke and Angela. They all seemed to be blissfully unaware of Hal's presence, as well.

The one that did notice him, was the blonde he was looking for. She looked over to him, a bit of a fitting smirk on her face.

"Care to join us, Sir?" She asked, her voice rather alluring, and not seeming to realise the trouble she was in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 08:00:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At this point, Hal was infuriated.

He merely pointed a finger towards her, his mana collecting in the tip of it.

"Agent Culverton, you will cease this!" he told her.

"IMMEDIATELY!" he commented.

A blast of his mana then shot out from his finger towards her, landing right in her chest.

However, it didn't hurt her. His intention was to give her a moment of potential clarity... or just shock her into being herself. He didn't know why she was doing this, and right now? He didn't care why.

He just knew it was stopping.

NOW.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 08:05:47 )

The mana hit Roxie, and she didn't react for about five seconds before she shook her head and looked around.

"What the hell...?" She wondered as she looked around before finally seeing Hal and sighing.

". . .I'm guessing offering you to join won't help, huh?" She asked, definitely seeming to realise that she was in trouble now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 08:25:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal narrowed his eyes.

"Agent Culverton, as it stands, your employment is in SERIOUS jeopardy." he told her bluntly.

"However, if you break this up immediately, your chances of keeping your job will go up." he then said.

"And when I say immediately, I mean NOW." he finished.

She could tell that Hal was not happy, and he was not in the mood for games. And she could see why, looking around her.

There was no graceful way out of this, and humour would only make it much worse.

Hal then crossed his arms over his chest, waiting.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 12:17:20 )

Roxie was silent, sighing lightly.

"This won't be nice to them." She commented after a moment or two. Hal was silent before she just brought her hands up, and clapped. Almost instantly it seemed that everyone there had an electric bolt through their heads for a moment.

"Get them to the the medwing. Easier to explain them waking there." She added as she climbed off of the bed.

"I'll leave that to you while I get dressed. Because I don't know how long til I'm thrown back into the pits of whatever the hell that was."She reaslised that she was most likely about to lsoe her job, but she'd deal. She had before, so she was sure she would again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 22:06:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal raised an eyebrow, and lowered his arms when she said what she did at the end.

"Hm? '...whatever the hell that was'?" he asked her.

"Agent Culverton, I am going to disappear, and take all these people with me to the medical wing." he told her.

"However, before I do, I must ask you something." he continued.

"...looking back on it, your initial reaction was NOT something expected, to put it lightly." he commented. "And your last comment makes it even MORE puzzling." he went on.

"Were you in a right state of mind while you were doing this?" he outright asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 23:56:26 )

Roxiew as silent before shaking her head.

"That's just it, I can't answer that." She answered.

"Because... it...." She paused, smirking lightly.

"Come now, don't you want to join in?" She asked before pausing, and sighing.

". . . . Get out of here. Fast. " was all she said with a light shake fo her head, a hand up; to the side of it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 00:10:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....right." Hal said.

"As it stands, your access to the Unit will be suspended, but you will still be on the payroll." he told her.

"You still have a job, and given this new info that seems to be rising, the repercussions from this will not be so severe." he continued, before looking at those around him.

"...at least, not on MY end." he muttered.

He then clapped his hands, and everyone in the room except Roxie disappeared, and reappeared in the medical wing of the Unit.

"Now... let's get you all in proper beds, and analysed." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 01:32:49 )

Roxie just sighed, not knowing what was to come, but also knowing that she had an uncontrollable urge to find another victim.

---

She sighed as she stretched, looking to what was on the desk.

"Progress." She commented before looking around, as if she just noticed something.

". . . . when the hell did the music stop..." she wonderd before heading for the door, where there was a small stereo system. She was alone in there, which wasn't surprisingly. She had her own space for her work, which meant that she had music access. Which was absolutely lovely for her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 02:14:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Just as she made it to the door, she heard something.

Something that she wouldn't have heard if the music had been going.

She heard some...thing... move past the other side of the door. Normally she would have assumed that it was another member of R&D, but the movement was so quick and 'silent', that it couldn't be.

And she didn't SEE anyone walk past, either.

Whatever it was, it seemed like it wanted to remain undetected... which was suspicious as all get-out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 02:16:22 )

She paused a moment before sighing.

". . . all right then..." She muttered before turning her music on and heading back to what she'd been working on - designing a new dagger for one of those that were emplyed there. As she sat down, she kept an eye on the door, and continued to do so as she was working, flicking her gaze up to the door every so often.

She realised that she needed to make it seem as if she hadn't noticed anything, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 02:39:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

On one of the times she flicked her gaze towards the door... she noticed something.

The door was slightly ajar. It had been completely closed before, but it was now slightly open.

And she swore she saw someone peering in at her.

However, it seemed like they hadn't noticed that she was casting quick gazes to the door... as they were still staring.

She could almost feel their gaze on her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 02:44:15 )

..... This can't be real. she thought with a sigh. This is just too damned weird. I feel like I'm in a horror movie or something. She just sighed before looking over to the 3d printer that was doing its thing and making her way over to it, to check on the progress.

". . . taking longer than expected." she muttered.

"But at least it's printing..."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.