Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Bug Reports Jigsaw Puzzle Not Rewarding Currency

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 17:27:15 )
There's something foul about the air here...

I haven't played the jigsaw puzzle in a couple days, so I went in hoping to get some more Love Letters, but after I complete a puzzle, I only get the "You've already earned 450 Love Letters today!" popup. I tested this a couple times on different puzzles, but still get the same popup

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 18:06:01 )
@grost: Hi, sorry you're experiencing problem's with jigsaw!
I'll do some testing on my end and see if I encounter any similar issues.

Have you already attempted to clear your cache?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 18:24:19 )
There's something foul about the air here...

@Fozzy: I just tried clearing my cache, still gives me the same message :/

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 18:39:30 )
@grost: For some reason looking at the log for jigsaw prizes you're account does have 450 love letters credited for the daily reward cap.
It should automatically reset each day. I'll review the codes a bit more, make sure nothing is keeping it from resetting to zero.
If nothing changes in the next few hours I'll reset your account to zero and hope for the best while I search for a solution.
Sorry about this!

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/20 05:04:42 )
@grost: I wanted to inform you that I just manually reset the love letter cap for jigsaw.
I'll continue to investigate the issue, I've been waiting on input from our interface support that created the feature.
My guess is there might be some coding that was overlooked while returning the currency grant feature to the game.
Thank you for your patience!

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 04:43:47 )
@grost: Update!

I've been informed of how to resolve the reset of the daily cap and moving forward the daily cap should reset at Midnight (00:00:00) Voltra time Daily.
If any further issues are encountered please let me know.

*This thread will be kept open through the length of the event*

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 07:09:06 )
@Fozzy: I'm having this issue for the current event, and clearing my cache hasn't fixed it. It's been stuck at saying "1145/1200 currency earned today" since I earned that the first day of the event

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 14:27:15 )
It's fixed now, so thank you if that was you!

And if not....well now you don't have to figure out what's up.

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/29 16:18:32 )
@athabm: I didn't touch anything, but the automatic reset for currency is based on Voltra time every 24 hours at midnight.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 15:51:22 )
@Vozzy:

Ummm... I'm having the problem with not being awarded badges for the puzzles.

I just did a 500 piece "Extreme" puzzle -the first and only puzzle of the day- and upon completion of the puzzle, I got the message I've already gotten my 1200 badges for the day.

I thought this was happening yesterday too, but since I had already done a couple of puzzles I thought I may have misremembered how many puzzles I did and how much currency I earned. I didn't; I was remembering correctly. I should have gotten a lot more badges for completing that 500 piece puzzle too.

Cache is cleared (and I'll clear it again), but I don't have the time (or patience) to keep doing puzzles all day long to test things out...

TIA.

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 17:36:26 )
@Wildfire: Thank you for the report ~ I believe I have fixed the issue. It most likely was caused from the server upgrade which interrupted the recurring event to reset currency grants for jigsaw each day.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/3 18:08:14 )
@Vozzy: That makes complete sense. Amazing what a simple upgrade can mess with, isn't it? Thanks for following up :)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 22:18:27 )
@Vozzy: It happened again - the first and only puzzle I did today (500pcs) told me I already earned the 1200 max badges.
There's obviously something else going on here than what you saw in your code yesterday.

Admin — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 22:41:31 )
@Wildfire: It's not necessarily a code thing, but besides the fact, I think I've finally figured it out!
Thanks for informing us. Web Development and especially the back-end communications with the database are skills I'm learning as of just recent. Lots to learn! Please have patience with me.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/4 23:00:02 )
@Vozzy: Oh, please don't worry about me and this type of stuff - I know it ALL too well (unfortunately). It's a pain to stay on top of and to deal with when random things pop up. Good luck. I'd offer to help, but it's not realistic for me right now...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 21:38:21 )
@Vozzy: I'm currently having a similar problem, whenever I do a puzzle.
I've cleared cache and tried different puzzles, but I always get the same pop up, telling me "You've already earned 0 Confetti today!"
And when I leave the page my Voltz total hasn't changed.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 23:23:57 )
@blinkini: I think th puzzles are only 4 events + event currencies ?? I culd be wrong tho :-0
- [ Boris ]

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 23:35:41 )

Yeah, I don't think jigsaw rewards currency outside of events at the moment. It does say "0/3500 currency earned today" when you open the game though for some reason, so I can see why you would be confused

★~~Questing~~★

Admin — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/21 03:14:58 )
Thanks for helping out everyone!
I'll take a look at our jigsaw files, we should have had it updated after the event, but sometimes things are a bit wonky or don't update properly.

@blinkini: To clarify, Jigsaw does not grant volts or any currency outside of events for now. We are in the process of an update for jigsaw and other features associated with website games and rewards. Sorry for any confusion around this! >.<

Admin — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 06:51:29 )
@Bioshock: just seeing this now, but wanted to inform everyone that jigsaw grants for events were not and are not avcitve until the official full-scale launch of an event. Thanks for the report!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.