Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I am so angry at my dad right now

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/24 14:57:50 )

I have a hard time not lashing out on him. I just read an article about reality shows and in a dutch reality show 2 woman had to deal with sexual cross-border behavior. Dad said he did not feel sorry for the woman since they wanted to take part in that reality show. Like WTF? Those woman did not ask for this to happen. Not even when taking part in a show like that. This is just defending those men when they should be held acountable for what they did. But hey it is always easier to blame woman right?

And the fact that I just also read another female kpop star took their own life (because of a man) makes it even worse.

Voltie — they/he/it Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 02:10:24 )
ugh that's so awful. i'm sorry you have to deal with that. my grandpa's the same way so i intentionally avoid talking to him. i really wish there was some way to get people to realize that like misogyny is bad. but they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so i guess it's true.

anyway, i'm also sorry to hear about the kpop star. it can be really difficult when someone you look up to passes, especially due to suicide. if you ever want to talk to anybody about it, i'm here <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/25 15:35:47 )

Thank you misery. Right now it just feels hard being a woman. I also just read that the owner of a big korean entertaiment company just walked out free from mediating prostitution. They give him enough time to burn all the evidence.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.