Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 03:20:35 )
@Miss Sandman: it does! i always think i can last until my head hits the pillow lol blackout curtains are where it's at B) also, why the schedule change?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 03:29:10 )
@Lina: hi, it's nice to meet you! i too have issues reaching out but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. btw, your art is instant cuteness and your linework looks so pro too!! it's pretty amazing. I'll have to stop by sometime :)

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 03:42:17 )
@ephenay: I think shyness/social anxiety are actually pretty common on site like this. Many users just read and don’t post much or at all. But I hope you post with me!

Thank you! I use an art program from japan that’s like especially for lines, it’s my hero. XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 04:14:03 )
@Lina: hmm could see that actually, but yeah I'm down to post whenever i can! the night gets rather slow for me. so what art program do you use?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 07:27:20 )
@ephenay: usually most of my day is slow. While I’m at work if nothing is happening I’ll post using my phone. It’s gets busier during the holidays though, so next month will be busy.
The art program I use is Paint Tool SAI.

I’m off to bed now, be back on in like 8-9 hours. ^^

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 08:25:52 )
@Lina: oh yeah, the holidays crept up way too fast. it's broke season x) also i had a feeling you'd say sai. i use the same program whenever i do get around to drawing, it's a good one. linework is still my ultimate enemy, haha. anyway, have a good night! catch you later

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 13:41:39 )
@ephenay: yes i know this well! For pregnant women its hard to sleep... the body tells you 'yo if the baby is there you cant sleep anyway'
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 16:16:31 )
@ephenay: it sure feels like winter came out of no where this year. I’m not prepared for Christmas yet.

Sai is like the love of my life. And my bamboo drawing tablet. I don’t think I’d even be drawing without them.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 17:02:45 )
@Miss Sandman: oh shit, that's right xD you poor thing, i hope you get to catch a break soon. if the baby will let you, that is. how dare they rely on their mother in the womb!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 17:07:12 )
@Lina: man, yeah! they really come in clutch, esp if you got the laptop+tablet combo and you travel :D what do you enjoy drawing the most?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 18:03:17 )
@ephenay: people, like avatars and OCs are my favorite thing to draw! That’s part of why I love avatar sites so much. It’s so inspiring! I keep seeing things I want to draw!

I take my laptop and drawing tablet to the cafe before work everyday and draw for a few hours. Admittedly sometimes I watch tv or something, but usually I draw. It’s not a small laptop so it’s a bit of a hassle, but I won’t draw if I stay home. XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 19:15:59 )
@Lina: that's awesome! the creativity really is contagious, I love it. it's honestly my favorite thing to see. but oh, why can't you draw at home? as a person incredibly slow at art, that's crazy to me

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 20:48:54 )

@ephenay: I have depression, so if I'm at home I sit around and don't do anything.
I have to get out of the house and have time set aside for art or I just don't do it.

-testing a new post format-

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 21:20:59 )
@Lina: ooh cute format.
sorry to hear that. however that really resonates with me. i have depression too and atm have difficulty leaving the house. to be real.. I've rescheduled the appointment w my therapist like three times already. sorry, but if i may ask, how did you get into the routine of going outside and facing reality?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 21:26:47 )

@ephenay: It wasn't easy, I had to force myself to get out.
But I do it everyday, and I make myself go.
I just order a drink spend a few hours on my laptop.
But once I'm out of the house it's so much easier!

It's like, the first step is the hardest.
Just getting out of bed, forcing myself to shower, etc. That's the hardest.
But after the first week it was so much easier!
And now I like plan out what I want to do all week, and I just get so much done!

At first it was hard to find the money too, because I get a drink every time.
And it's like $10-15 week total to go sit at the cafe daily. But it's honestly like my best spent money.
It sounds kinda stupid, but it for real helps my depression so much just to get out of the house!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 22:45:37 )
@Lina: nah, it's not stupid. it's pretty cool, actually. happy to hear that you've found a way to manage. i know it takes a lot to really stick to it. gets scary when it the outcome is uncertain but yeah it does take a leap of faith. either that or I'm overthinking again lol

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/13 23:01:26 )

@ephenay: honestly, just getting out of the house is such a big step,
even if I just watch Netflix on my laptop,
it’s still so much better than just sitting at home.

Depression is so horrible, like you can’t DO anything,
so when I started just waking up at the same time daily,
that alone was a big step, you know?
And then eating breakfast everyday even if I don’t have an appetite.
Then showering everyday.
And finally getting out of the house.

It’s such a struggle everyday, but having a routine helps so much.
And wallowing at home makes my depression worse, so anything I do to move and not wallow is amazing!

Like on Saturday I had nothing to do
so I made my sister go for a walk with me
and I collected fall leaves for no reason
. I just needed to do something or I knew I’d wallow.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 01:30:15 )
@Lina: it's crazy to hear about the slow progression and how it's even possible. at the end of the day, it is pretty sound. it's working from the outside-in, it makes sense. thanks for the advice. it gives me a little more hope and something to think about. so i appreciate it. think I'm gonna start going on walks more often. wallowing seems to be all i do besides chores and smoking. still working on eating and sleeping on time. I'm honestly fed up with myself, that I've let myself get this bad and yadda yadda, but i think I'm slowly coming to terms with how it's not entirely hopeless. so to hear how things have changed for you is kinda inspiring.

banner by Ruby ❤️

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 02:05:24 )

@ephenay: it took me years to sort of get out of my own head. I was so stuck in this mindset of like, this is just how I am. Whatever, shrug. But then one day I fainted because I hadn’t eaten in so long. I hadn’t even thought about it, I just had no appetite. And I kind of realized that I had to force myself to eat even if I didn’t want to. It was important. And that was the first step I made.

There are little hints you can do to help even if you’re just at home. Like opening a window, because fresh air and sunlight help depression. And oxygen helps too, so a house plant can help a lot at home.

Voltie — Princess Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/14 02:13:29 )

@ephenay: Welcome new voltie! I hope you find voltra a nice place to make friends and hangout. If you need help feel free to ask me anything anytime.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.