Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Gotta Love My Mom's Friend

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 02:00:09 )
So a bit of context. At the apartment complex we live, on our floor, lives a friend of my mom's. She's nice, but when it comes to religion, she can be EXTREMELY pushy. Now, I'm not an atheist, agnostic or whatever, it's more like I'm indifferent to it. Everyone has their beliefs and I respect that. What I don't like is when people try to force said beliefs on me. Now, this friend of hers has made it her mission to send me church videos on a daily basis(I never watch them), research articles that sound like complete BS or things that are just out to scare people(like this will give you cancer or doing this will cause some horrible disease). Now today, while checking to see if my friends messaged me, I saw that she sent a link. What was this link? An article about how History Channel, Discovery Channel and National Geographic are all Antichristian and Anticatholic. Mind you, the only channel I watch out of those three is Discovery Channel(I love animal shows). It's starting to border on being fanatical, honestly.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 05:38:57 )
I'm not a big fan of people who are pushy with their religion like that. If I smile and nod the first 5 minutes of you talking and don't say anything please leave me alone. It's rude!! I'm sorry she pesters you on a constant basis, that's a huge pet peeve of mine!!

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 08:29:24 )
@LordLucre: OMG as an witch (not wiccan) and atheist at some point i would have told this lady to stop forcing her BS on me or i will put a grudge on her OMG *rolls eyes*

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 10:24:11 )
Too bad you don't have your own faith, just to spitefully send your own faiths propaganda back as a reply. Maybe pick a new one every day? Today send her Buddhist meditation music. Tomorrow, a video on how to perform the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram. Day after that, the story of the Rainbow Serpent and Dreamtime. The chances are pretty great that this will have catastrophic results... but I worship chaos, so... *runs away*
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 13:50:57 )
@LordLucre: Starting to get fanatical?? I'd say it's well in to that ballpark from the little you describe (and I'm sure there's more)! Yeah... I don't like people who go this route either, being pushy about whatever, trying to force their ideas -whatever they may be- upon others. Have you tried the brutally honest approach of just telling her to back off?

By the way, "hi" - I don't think I've met you before... I just signed up a couple days ago. :)

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 17:40:34 )
@Miss Sandman: Honestly, I think next time she calls, I'll tell her to back off.

@Glume: I've thought about saying that I worship Satan or something to see if she'll back off and leave me alone.

@Wildfire: I haven't just because she's the type of person who thinks she's always right and can do no wrong(which actually lead to a fight between her and my mom). Also hi!

Donator — PomePome Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 17:42:47 )
@LordLucre: yes i just cant understand this fanatic ppl to be honest... its like fanatic ppl in every other Religion..... they clash and well we have a war niiiicccceeeee religion niiiiiceeeee
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 17:47:13 )
@LordLucre: I hear ya. That personality type seems to go hand-in-hand with the fanatical point of view (about anything, really, but religion is always a hot topic). Ignore her? Block her? Yikes!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 17:56:56 )
@Miss Sandman: Gotta love it.

@Wildfire: It's mostly on Messenger where she sends me everything. Thankfully, there's an ignore option that doesn't let her know she's been ignored. Did that last night.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 17:59:55 )
@LordLucre: LOL - yeah... I'd be seriously abusing that button! At least you have some method of blocking her!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 18:01:23 )
@Wildfire: Yup! No more annoying videos and such from her.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 18:15:40 )
@LordLucre: So what are you going to do with all your soul-damning free time?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 18:18:15 )
@Wildfire: xD No idea.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 18:19:46 )
@LordLucre: The world is now your oyster!
(I hope you're not allergic to seafood! )

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 18:20:17 )
@Wildfire: Far as I know, no allergies. So we're good!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 18:21:34 )
@LordLucre: Well, have at it then!! It's a buffet of options! (I must be hungry with all these food references...)
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 18:23:45 )
@Wildfire: Oh, I know the feel.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/10/12 19:43:21 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Ah, too bad you live with your mom
Cuz if you didn't and she tried in person... "I gotta ask mom first" [five second gap] "mom said no"
Or I suppose you could give her a heads up on using that line so she can confirm that she said no

Or claim allergies. "Sorry I'm allergic to religion and the rash starts somewhere extremely uncomfortable gotta go and put some rash cream on it bye"

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.