Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Is it appropriate?

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/30 07:27:10 )
So, I want you guys to let me know what you think about these situations. I'm bored, and these scenarios can have some controversial opinions. But I'm genuinely curious. What do all of you think?

Note that even though these scenarios aren't rants, they are a point of discussion. And serious ones. They deal with mild things from privacy issues, to family drama, and a severe breach of trust between family. You can choose to focus on one, or all. But i figured it'd be fun to see differing opinions. However, if this isn't allowed, I apologize. Again, bored. =P

Your child is in the hospital for something severe. They are maybe 2 or 3 months old, you're grieving, and all you can think about is that you want your kid to be okay.

While you're in this situation, your husband's brother's mother in law posts and image of your kid to a large group of strangers asking for prayers. Not only that, but they disclosed personally what was happening with your kid. And the community wasn't a prayer group, or to a group of people you know and trust, but to a group of gamers.

Do you think it's appropriate for that forum? Or do you think this is something that is a private family matter?

You've been planning your wedding for 3 years. You've been saving up, this wedding is your dream. You got you and your Fiance's dream venue, you picked a caterer you both loved, and that could accommodate food sensitivities of guests and still retain the most scrumptious flavours. You picked the dress, set the date, and everything's ready.

Now, it's the day before your wedding. Your sibling got engaged, but because their S/o is pregnant, they want to hijack your wedding, so they don't have a kid outside of wedlock. You say no, and your sibling get emotional and runs away. Now your family is upset at you, pressuring you, calling you a bad sibling and insisting you wait, but that venue only has an opening 3 years away. your fiance's family says screw them, you earned this, while you're concerned your own family won't even attend anymore.

Would you cave to the pressure your family puts on you? Or would you stand your ground and draw a very solid boundary.

You've been dating your s/o for years. When you met, you were perfect for one another. You wanted the same things. Be successful, travel, and live your life together. You both discussed kids, but you both felt it wasn't for you. Your S/O wasn't fond of kids, and you just don't want them. You don't dislike them, but you have no desire for them.

You and your S/O get married, and 5 years into your life, your S/O suddenly gets a change. They want kids. You still don't want them. You discussed this, and it becomes a big argument. Suddenly, your life begins to unravel. You love each other, and neither wants to break it off. But you feel a pressure. Your S/O seems to concede, and you go on with your life, until you find out you're pregnant. It's impossible, your BC was taken religiously and you even double up by using adequate protection. You sit staring at your pill pack and notice something odd about how they're sealed, and find out your S/O switched your pills out with placebos.

During the argument, you learn your S/O conversed with your mother, and your mother suggested you just needed a rough nudge, or an accident to happen for you to change your mind. You're crushed, you don't want kids, and now it's not just your S/O you can't trust, but your own parent.

What would you do? Would you break up your marriage? What would you do about the problem at hand?

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/30 08:43:21 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Ew MiLjacking is not good, even for something like that. If I were in such a group and a thing like that popped up I'd be annoyed because hey wrong place. As a person who had similar happen to me, I don't like it. Not your business to tell others, now get your nose out of mine before I break it out

I paid for this wedding, I got it the way I want it, my sister was stupid and she can handle the details of the shotgun wedding herself. Stop being so damn lazy, ya cheapskates

"Pregnancy has a way of happening"
And so do abortions. Abort that ball of cells, yell at mom for being an interfering hag, and my partner for being a wishywashy shitheel, and go for divorce
If there was a prenup stating no kids that partner and I signed off on, all the better

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/30 08:59:54 )

why do all of these scenarios make me the woman?

1. Of course that's not an appropriate place for that discussion, and I'd be uncomfortable with someone I barely know--"technically" family or not--spreading my family's personal business around, especially when it seems like it's just to get sympathy points. I'd have to contact that person and ask them to remove it, explaining it should be a private matter. I don't think I'd go much further than that, though. Bigger things to worry about.
2. BOUNDARIES. If y'all want a wedding, have your own. If you don't want me to have mine, then you can stay at home 'cause y'all just got uninvited.
3. Not only is that grounds for divorce, but I'd be seeing about taking legal action if possible. That is most definitely abuse, and tampering with somebody's medication--birth control or otherwise--is downright psychotic. And if I ended up keeping that baby, those people would have no part in its life.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/30 09:18:17 )
@Uncledaddy: Sorry! I thought the first two were relatively neutral, maybe because I'm female so I actually ended up making these fem dominant. However I can add any scenarios you think could be interesting for discussion? Especially if you have controversial issues of the male PoV?

@Kitalpha Hart: Dude, this happened in a group I'm in. [scenario 1] For me, I am all for asking for support from a close group of friends. But almost 4k other strangers? to me it made me so uneasy. and Idk why, but for me it shouldn't be up. Without parental consent, no person's child should be publicly posted.

@koneko: The worst thing about scenario 3, is it happens. More often than not. It's disgusting and gross. There's the idea that women will magically change their mind, and some are somehow forced into being a parent when they don't want to. Worst part is, in some states in the US, these women will be punished, even if they have a natural miscarriage.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/30 11:05:43 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Scribartz: OOF. I don't think mine was spread around circles anywhere near that large, thankfully
I'd hate the attention

And speaking of the third, my parents kiiiinda did that except mom knew the whole time and didn't care. Also no momtervention. If dad wanted a kid with her, he'd give her the placebos. If not, the actual pills. Which is why I exist, he gave her the placebos
They had fun with it though, when mom was waiting for me to grow inside her
Person: are you hoping for a boy or girl?
Mom: a healthy kid
Dad: a dog
Person: -confused-

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/30 14:23:53 )

Scenario 1: Hilarious situation to me, why would gamers pray for someone else's kid they barely know? I don't see the logic in it. Either way, its fairly harmless and MIL meant well. I'd forgive and forget.

Scenerio 2: I'd push to have both our weddings together on the same day, 2 brides, 2 grooms. Its unconventional I know but I'd still get my dream wedding, my family would be there and my sister, if she wants the emergency wedding that bad she should make a compromise too. I think it would end up a very fun event for everyone involved as long as she doesn't try to change anything else we planned.

Scenario 3: Yeah thats plain wrong and you definitely should abort and divorce. Relationships are built around trust. If you don't have that you don't have a marriage.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.