Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 19:41:44 )

Entertain me!
Amuse me!
Tell me something about yourself!

Tell me-... Tell me...

Tell me about something that spooked you silly as a child, but doesn't bother you so much now that you're older!

For me, it was dolls and ventriloquist dummies. They terrified the absolute patooties out of me.
I once had a nightmare that I was being kidnapped by Slappy from Goosebumps my fear was so bad. Now though, dolls don't bother me anywhere near as much.

Under the right circumstances, they can be unsettling but it's a big meh.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 19:46:12 )
@Vermii: Hmm. I had a massive fear of heights. It still comes back to haunt me now and then. Especially on steep stairs with the only rail on the open side. I hate those, especially the bar rails. I feel like I'm going to fall right through.

I can ride planes just fine, though, for some reason.
I have many issues, gender things among them
I also have a ballet obsession and an unhealthy interest in Sonic the Hedgehog games. Take as you will, haha!
@ me, yo!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 19:48:47 )

@Onyx Popcorn: I am afraid of hights as well but I would 100% fly a plane.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 19:51:35 )
Dolls can be really creepy and they definitely still scare me. I'm afraid of heights too and some bugs.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 19:54:14 )

@vengeance:
@Onyx Popcorn:

Heights is a mood. That's something that still bothers me even today.
I can't use down escalators for that reason and the thought of taking a plane terrifies me.

Stairs don't bother me as much, but I am a lot more cautious since I have a bad knee.

@Queen of Trash:
I can understand that lol.

I can tolerate bugs, but when it comes to worms, that's a whole other story.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 19:54:25 )
I used to be TERRIFIED of spiders when I was a kid. (Other than daddy long legs. Those didn't bother me for some reason.)
Whenever I saw one inside, I'd yell for one my parents to take care of it and I wouldn't be able to go back to wherever I had been before until I knew it was gone.

Nowadays I have no problem trapping them and releasing them into the wild on my own.

...Or I just let me cat take care of them.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 19:56:32 )
@Vermii: I'm okay with certain bugs but not others. Like spiders and cockroaches and beetles and centipedes are a no for me. But I can do ladybugs, butterflies, moths, mantises, even ants as long as it's not a lot of them. I'll even pick those up but if I even see a spider, cockroach, beetle, or centipede I scream.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 20:00:28 )

@Phantasma:
Spiders are like, a weird middle ground for me.
I think once upon a time, that used to be a big nope for me. Now a days, I can handle them to a degree.
I'll let 'em chill out if they're in a corner of my house I can't even reach.
If they come within my personal bubble tho, they get no mercy from me. I'm not even gonna bother shooing them outside.

@Queen of Trash:
Understandable!
I happen to actually love moths and butterflies. Moths more so cause there's so many that are really amazing to look at???
I mean, that can be said for both of them, but moths win me over with their regal fluffy look.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 20:06:14 )
@vermii: alright... hear me out.

I was always terrified of something coming out of the toilet while I was using it. Specifically, a hand.
I had to check before, during, and after every use. And I wouldn’t go until I absolutely had to.

I had no prior experiences with that situation. I had no reason to be afraid, but it terrified me 🤣🤣

Just imagine- you are doing your business and then BAM hand coming out of the toilet. *shudders*

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 20:06:51 )

I am terrible afraid of spiders. Even in games. Also goes for me being afraid of hights. There is one map in Unreal Tournament 2014 I won't play because of that.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 20:50:20 )

@Lizard Breath:
That's both hilarious and terrifying.
I can't imagine a more stressful bathroom trip than worrying about having a hand shoved up your butt in the middle of dropping the kids off at the pool.

@vengeance:
That reminds of the first time i tried using a VR headset.
There was a booth, and it put you through different experiences in the headset, and one of them was you sitting in a chair high atop some scaffolding.
You could see everything below you, and the huge ass drop. And, of course, it in fact, dropped you.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 21:09:25 )
Well, for me, it was the thought that my dead bettas that I flushed down the toilet would come back to life as zombie fish and swim up my urethra as I used the toilet. Don't know why I was terrified of that.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 21:11:17 )

@Vermii: I don't think I would like that.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 22:03:31 )
@Vermii: I love moths and butterflies too. I love to watch them flutter around.
I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/25 23:21:49 )

@vengeance:
I would imagine not.
Still would be fun to be able to afford a vr headset tho wow.

@Queen of Trash:
Yes! Sometimes i just like browse for photos of moths.

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 00:09:45 )

Those dolls are definitely still creepy lol
Hmmm.... snakes for sure
Wouldn’t go near ‘em when I was young, now I’m w/e about them. There are worse things in this world, like June bugs...which are coming soon ffs.

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 01:24:47 )

@Vermii: Slappy is still pretty creepy.

I used to have this fear of my feet hanging off of things, like the couch or bed. Even during the day, I'd imagine something grabbing my feet when no one else was around. I would sprint from room to room if I was inside alone and jump onto furniture to keep my feet safe. This lasted around a year before I eventually got over it. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 06:09:50 )

Your avatar entertains me.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:18:28 )

@Peachy:
Snakes definitely make me nervous also. I wouldn't say i'm flat out afraid, but unless I'm trained to know how to handle 'em, I'll keep my distance.

@Lufi:
i mean, you right.

that's a mood! I remember when i was young, i was afraid something would reach out from under my bed and grab me by the head.
the hed of my bed wasn't against a wall, so what i would do is create this nest/halo of stuffed animals to sleep in the middle of.

@Totalanimefan:
good.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/26 07:28:20 )

@Vermii: Ok, I am NOT Clourophobic, not at all (I don't like clowns unless they are INTENDED to be freaky/creepy. Then they are right up my alley)

BUT

When I was young, and I mean like... 5.... I had a bloody clown doll. It was similar to how a Raggedy Ann doll is made, but a bit more poseable.
Anyway, I had that, it sat on a swing in the corner of my room right next to my bed.
Again, I was somewhere like 4-6.
That damned clown was about the same height as me.

I swear I saw it move one night.
That thing was broken the next day and gone. Lol.

Also, When I was a teen I ADORED Goosebumps. Slappy was a cool character.
So for Xmas, my dad got me a pillow of the damned dummies head.
I had a bunk bed at the time, and kept all my stuffed things/extra pillows up there - that pillow included.
One night I swear it pushed my mickey pillow off, and watched me.
That pillow didn't last through that night before I killed it. Lol

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.