Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Today, I am proud of myself

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 22:56:58 )

Its been two years since i was last in college. i only really had about 2 quarters done. Life got hard and i had to quit.
Then i found a really good job. I have been promoted many times in the last two years, i make good money, and i was happy.
Well i thought I was, but recently i have been feeling very lost. This job is not what i wanted to do with my life. and it started to feel like i was now too old (im only 22 lol) and too stuck here, to go back.
But after lots of soul searching. today i enrolled in my first two classes, all paid for by a scholarship.
And when i enrolled, a weight lifted off my chest, i didnt feel so stuck any more.

And today i am proud of myself. I was letting my depression run my life and all the fears of failure control me. But not ANYMORE.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 23:16:34 )
Congratulations! Hope for the best for you from now on and may you do well in your classes!
Lucifer's Pet

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 00:15:47 )
:00 proud of u

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 00:35:31 )

Congrats! You're never too old to go back to school! My aunt is in her 50s and she recently went back. She had a lot of children early in her life and never got the chance to go to college.

You're awesome for kicking your depression in the butt!

Voltie — Nayu Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 04:08:39 )
Congrats! That’s wonderful!!

I’m glad you’ve kicked depression in the butt to go back to college! What are you going to major in?

I’d love to go back to college for art but I always feel like 40-50k a year isn’t something I could swing (the only school I want to attend is SCAD, aha..). I refuse to put myself in any kind of debt and I guess that holds me back.
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 04:40:43 )
Congratulations and good luck!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 08:11:23 )

Good for you! I’m also going back to school. It won’t always be easy but it will be worth it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 22:57:24 )

@ EVRYONE
THANK YOU

Artemis:
Congrats! That’s wonderful!!

I’m glad you’ve kicked depression in the butt to go back to college! What are you going to major in?

I’d love to go back to college for art but I always feel like 40-50k a year isn’t something I could swing (the only school I want to attend is SCAD, aha..). I refuse to put myself in any kind of debt and I guess that holds me back.

I plan on being a teacher with a focus on teaching philosophy/history/government so im still deciding what i want to major in, and minor in.
Paying for college is what also stopped me, but i applied for a crap ton of grants and got way more than i ever expected. The school im going to is only 14k a year as well because i fall under a low income student and the school itself has a program for students like me so i dont have to pay the regular 50k. But i dont have to pay anything because of all the grants!

Id say start looking into any scholarship or grant you can. APPLY TO THEM ALL! you never know what might work out.
also my employer will give me 8k a year. so maybe your employer has some kind of program like that.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.