Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Grazing Pasture

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 20:38:19 )
@Vermii: Work from home as tech support for video game consoles & pcs atm. Altho, I'm essentially laid off Monday & filing for unemployment Tuesday, wheee!

I want to get into horticulture, ultimately, so I plan on getting a bike & doing plant conservation volunteer work this summer. It's about to be time for me to submit my app.

Is it one of the wacom bamboos? Lol, I've had 3 variations and I always loved 'em! I have a friend who gets huwei's.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 22:45:34 )

@Fellowsheep:
Ooh, jeez.

Horticulture sounds neat tho! And useful. I hope that all goes well for you!
I'm thinking I might try to do some volunteer work this summer too if nothing else. It's been a rough few months looking for a job and maybe it'd help if I can add more stuff to my resume. plus, it'd keep me busy. Also, on the topic of commission, I wanna try and do RLC.

Uuh, intuos? call me silly, but i'm not entirely familiar with tablet brands. i got the one suggestion from a friend when i asked.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 00:46:53 )
@Vermii: Yeppp. I'm thinking similarly. 1) I am forced to socialize & out of the house.
2) Meet people in the industry so I can determine if going into debt is necessary to do what I want. (Still working on the details lol.)
3) Mer resummeeee.

RLC? Oh! Real life commissions! I hope you are able to develop a client base. c:

Oh shoot, you went fancy. I never had the intuos, tho my uncle apparently worked closely with wacom on 'em back when I was a kid.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 05:59:50 )
Fae Says --->

@Vermii: haha me too xD

yeeee I got a tablet when I was uh. 15 or 16 iirc, but my AA is in studio arts so I had to do traditional for that XD It's weird going from one to the other when you haven't been doing both for a while tho, I kept trying to "undo" lines I didn't like for like the first week lmao

started with the bamboo, then my grandpa got me an intuos pen + touch small for my 21st bday :> tho my bamboo is in my nightstand's "misc art stuff" drawer haha

also sorry for poof, was at disney yesterday with my fiance

~!~ Little White Dragonlet ~!~
Voltra Art Shop ~OPEN for traditional work ONLY~ | Voltra Item Shop | Avatar and Art Gallery

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 06:51:48 )
@littlewhitedragonlet: Thank you for paying the adventure tax! Ya'll look like you had a blast :frizzhappy:

Also I'd like to take a moment to admire your nails. Someday, someday, I'll manage to keep mine like yours for 1 day

Ahhh I'm watchin The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix. Sean Bean's still hunky~ All of this period clothing is making me wanna sew. So I guess I gotta find & finish one of my projects xD

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 06:55:48 )
Oh yeah, for all who wish to see my cat behaving:

We played Risk, and she usually goes after the tiny people, but instead she slept in the box until the very end when she caused teensy bits of mischeif. 🤷 Proud of ze kitty

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 18:27:48 )

@Fellowsheep:
lmao, yeah. socializing is a big one too.
but yeah, i hope you can get it all figured out!

and same. i actually have a friend who commissioned me and is looking to do it again. he says he recommended me to another friend so who knows, maybe i can get a small circle going by word of mouth for the time being. I'm also trying to get a little momentum going on art sites too.

is that so? O:

@littlewhitedragonlet:
oh god, i still try to do the undo thing when i occasionally go back to traditional too! xD

i didn't actually get my hands on a tablet of any kind until i was like, 22.
my friend let me borrow her's because she wanted me to help with her and her, at the time, boyfriend's youtube channel.
after that, my need for one grew by a thousand, ha ha.

Voltie — Hermit Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 00:58:43 )
@fellowsheep: Awwwww cute. my little guy is not so good at behaving.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 03:17:32 )
Fae Says --->

@Fellowsheep: LOL we're moving to Alabama within the next year or 2 and imma make my friend who lives in florida take me to disneyworld >:3

My nails are acrylics with gel polish! Super easy to keep in tact when they're entirely fake and set with a black light XD J pays for them for me lol

KITTY CAT :O

@Vermii: i watched a LOT of art livestreams and talked to some of the artists, and a tablet was the only thing i asked for for my bday that year that wasnt a book xD

Voltra Art Shop ~OPEN for traditional work ONLY~ | Voltra Item Shop | Avatar and Art Gallery

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 07:19:05 )
@koneko: It's a wild Koneko! I've only finished like... 5 roleplays. Ever. And that only happened because we determined before hand what point a & b were.

Ye, world building is the shit. I ended up making a ton of countries & setting them up in the same world cuz why not xD

Do you do any writing on the side right now?

@littlewhitedragonlet: That makes sense for some reason, haha. I'm scared of arcylics. Ever only had bad nail artists. Altho, I think I'll eventually get a gel manicure.

And holy quack, from Cali to Alabama? That's a hell of move. Although I wanna move from Tx to any of the snowy nothern states. I'd love to visit the uhhhh... Whusitcalled. The one with Diagon Alley. I'd brave the sweaty humidity for it.

@Delphic Dreamer: is okie. Berry usually isn't either How is Kali btw? You only ever brag about Chiron the cow! (wait i think i butchered his name again... He needs a nickname)

@Vermii: indeed dat be so. It sounds like you're on track~

Wow that was a lot of replies.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 07:53:42 )
I feel like someone's fabulous grandma wearing a sheetmask in pincurls.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 15:11:15 )

@littlewhitedragonlet:
lmfao that's fair. but yes, i treasure my baby. i'm never going back to a mouse as long as i can help it.
//lovingly strokes and kisses tablet

@Fellowsheep:
i mean, i'd like to be.
also, that picture is incredible. Bravo.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 16:59:33 )
Fae Says --->

@Fellowsheep: gels are nice cause the dont chip and if your nails are normal or thick it keeps them from breaking easily. Unfortunately i have super thin nails so i get acrylics to stop my nails from breaking every week ha

Yeeee, J is from Alabama so we're moving back to his home cause. Cheaper. Plus there's 2 really nice colleges in his county.

Universal studios! The one in Hollywood has Hogsmead Village but Florida has diagon alley and......i NEED to go lmao

@Vermii: i never used a mouse to actually draw so for me it would be...going back to MSPaint pixel base edits.... >.>

Voltie — Hermit Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/30 20:22:49 )
@fellowsheep: thats because Chery is downstiars with me. kaly is doing good tho. becoming more friendly.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 00:05:37 )
@littlewhitedragonlet: Ye, mine don't break easily, but they do snag, and it seems they get cut easily at the base, probably cuz I'm a nail biter/picker trying to do rehab on 'em.

I believe Japan also has Hogsmeade, so, we may do that when we one day go.

@Delphic Dreamer: Ahhh gotcha, cuz he harasses her. Makes sense!

Also I got a tornado warning, but Mr. Weather Man says it just passed us, so everyone enjoy beautiful, intense weather as safely as possible. Listen to them sirens & weather people.

Voltie — Hermit Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 00:13:59 )
@fellowsheep:

oh shoot hope there is no tornado near you.

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 00:55:52 )
@Delphic Dreamer: There was a cyclone that hadn't touched down, but it's passed us, so we're fine. We will just experience all of the flash flooding.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 01:57:05 )
Fae Says --->

@Fellowsheep: lololol my nails being entirely plastic and hardened powder makes them immune to biting xD

Ooooo sounds like a fun trip :>

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

Voltie — Hermit Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 05:58:34 )
@littlewhitedragonlet: I keep still picking and biting my nails.

Voltie — Hermit Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 06:12:17 )
@fellowsheep: thats good :)
Child of the moon

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.