Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 07:14:06 )

@insomniapatient: oh totally those cars are great. But it should be a hobby, instead of being forced on us. Owning a car is damn expensive.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 12:26:10 )

@insomniapatient: omg! Another archer fan! Yay! "MOTHERRR!!!!!" Haha I will try checking the other two out. I have them on netflix. Speaking of netflix have you watched the dragon prince and shera?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 20:40:48 )
@Totalanimefan: damn straight
see?
you get it 💞
plus if smth breaks it’s a min of at least 300

@Saeyra: “do you want ants?”
“BECAUSE THATS HOW YOU GET ANTS”
I love archer way too much
Def a fun show, got my uncle into it & he def enjoys it ouo
he didn’t check it out at first only because it was a cartoon but he didn’t know it was for mature audiences- he just saw it as a cartoon & dismisses it - but after the 1st ep with the mole he was hooked ouo

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 20:53:30 )

@insomniapatient: My husband was really into it when we used to live with his grandma, she could hear archer scream expletives from the kitchen, which was 2 rooms away. She couldn't understand english though so that was great but I was mortified XD Yeah the first few seasons are the best with the most memorable moments.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 21:46:43 )

@insomniapatient: I know right it’s so expensive

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 22:09:42 )

@insomniapatient: Sended you a friends request on steam.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 01:20:12 )
@vengeance: accepted it my dude ouo

@Saeyra: Legendary
H. Jon Benjamin(Archer) is also a really funny actor as well & I always get a kick outta seeing Jessica Walter (Malory) in Arrested Development because it's just Malory Archer pulled into real life
Also no to both, Dragon Prince is on my list to watch & I won't be watching the new She-Ra series

@Totalanimefan: the joys of driving
w0mp w0mp
then it's not like you just gotta worry about yourself & the car & the weather - but other people as well & the outcome that comes with that
fun fun (not o3o)

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 01:57:29 )

@insomniapatient: oh how come you dont wanna watch shera?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 05:16:44 )
@Saeyra: A lot of things are getting reboots from the 90s & early 2000s (esp now with horror movies as well like chucky & pet sematary & don't forget the kim possible movie that disney released as well) - nostalgia for older folk in their 20s & 30s has a lot to do with it, but at the same time the media hopes to grab the attention of younger folk with reboots instead of actually putting effort into original titles like
They're also remaking cowboy bebeop into a live action & I'm not really about that life either
It's a weird pull because I like my nostalgic 80s cartoons / anime (& 90s as well) & I wanna check it out but when it comes to reboots (powerpuff girls, sailor moon, cardcaptor & teen titans go) I usually can't get past ep 2
Was very glad Danny Antonucci (the creator of Ed Edd n' Eddy) is very persistent with not having his show rebooted

I've read that the reboot doesn't keep to the comic & doesn't follow the original show
esp the battle of bright moon in the original & it's whole ordeal with the situation that they faced via the Rebellion, in the new one I've read that everything is different & the concept that they go with is the total opposite from what the He-Man show & She-Ra we're trying to do with the lore
But I mean - hey - not everyone likes what some other person likes, that whats makes us unique in our own special way
tbh it took me a while to accept the reboot of Voltron into my life & it has grown on me
Perhaps eventually I'll check She-Ra out but that'll be a laterish date
if you like the new She-Ra reboot then that's all that matters
I always say that "I like it then that's all that matters, if that person doesn't then that's okay too - they're not me"
so if you like / love the new show then power to ya my dude ouo

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 05:24:35 )

@insomniapatient: yup you do. And last week someone broken into my car. Nothing was taken though. I didn’t have anything in there to take. They still smashed the window in though.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 05:36:58 )
@Totalanimefan: dude if my eyes could roll like a jackpot gambling machine they would
people have no common sense, not even the slightest & it makes me shake my head
sorry you had to go thru that man

how has your day been today ?:U

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 05:40:02 )

@insomniapatient: thanks. It’s been fixed but it cost me $500. :(
My day has been pretty good. I started my period so I had bad cramps.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 06:00:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I'm in the middle of mine as of rn
I'm bound to my heating pad forever & always
I also have endometriosis & it's torment so I'm right there in that boat with ya
rip to cramps
Mechanics are usually also difficult to handle as well
Insurance is also another whole story too
Life is a large tedious ball of frustration - I'm not really sure what to say exactly but I'm sorry that you had to pay that large sum of $
I'm glad your day was pretty good :) my day was pretty alright
worked a morning shift & was tired, also did some errands & am getting ready to budget tmrw for rent stuffs

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 06:24:25 )

@insomniapatient: Thank you. I'm glad that I am fortunate enough to even have $500, not that I wanted to spend it on that.
RIP being a women sometimes. Ugh.
Life can be a ball of frustration and sometimes it really sucks.
It's nice that you had a good day.[font=Arial]
[/font]

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 06:43:10 )
@Totalanimefan: mhm I feel that as well
Any money in your pocket is good money next to a roof over your head
I can't imagine being homeless, not that it's planned - I just dunno how people do it & then manage to get back on their feet
Life is tedious, that is def for sure
Whenever I get down about life I watch Contact with Jody Foster & V for Vendetta whenever I get salty at the News / Government

Thx luv ♡
I'm gonna head off for the night
Shower & eat smth, maybe game for a bit
So i'll talk with yah tmrw luv
later dude o u o

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 10:12:41 )

@insomniapatient: good night to you. I should be asleep now too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 12:58:03 )

@insomniapatient: Oh I understand now. My initial question was just curious, I didn't mean anything by it. I think I was too young to get into shera when it was showing on TV so this new one was just really cute to me. The art style reminds me of avatar the last airbender so I got into it pretty quickly. Remakes are...well I cant have too much against it especially when all my favorite books get turned into movies. They try really hard but its never the same. Sometimes I am just happy to be able to be in that world once again even if its a poorer imitation. (sometimes its really terrible and I want to cry though so I get where you are coming from)

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 16:34:26 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

@insomniapatient: Not to mention that earning gold was waaaaay too easy on Gaia. By the time you finished visitng each of the pages - and getting the free items/gold - you could just switch over to the games, and never actually post in the forums. One or two games are always nice on a community site, but they added so many that the 'community' feature was almost pushed to the background!

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/23 23:39:07 )
@Saeyra: oh no worries man you’re fine, there’s nothing wrong with being curious
didn’t mean to just word vomit everywhere either (or do a quicker reply I’ve been tired / sore lately)

Plus the old 80s She-Ra is an 80s cartoon - so - the team does have a lot of potential to play around with - I do think the concept with the approach they take is interesting
Like, things couldn’t be done right back then regarding She-Ra due to censors
EX: they didn’t want She-Ra to kick & punch & have a sword like He-Man because they thought it would promote girls to be more violent, so they wanted her to do this ballerina like glide thru the air & gently knock out Hordak

I do think tho that it does have potential & I will be checking it out (probs when it hits about season 3 or so) also I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks it looks like atla via art style wise ouo

@Mellonin: Yeah I’m still kinda mad about that, they’re trying so hard to fit in with today’s neck & neck race with not only social media sites but also other avi sites & I left once I just saw it going downhill
It’ll be really hard to bring back veterans as well later down the road & so I salute to old Gaia & bid adieu to the new one

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 10:23:46 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

@insomniapatient: Same. It was nice back in the day, but they're just stretching themselves too thin trying to incorporate anything and everything they can think of, instead of focusing and actually doing a good job of developing their features. Still, Voltra is doing a damn good job of stepping up and filling the void left by Gaia <3

We&rsquo;re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.