Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games My Time at Portia

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/10 05:26:12 )
OHM.. MY... GUARDIANS!

I've just gotten early access to this indie game on steam called My Time at Portia. I'm already in love!
They just released news it'll be coming to the Nintendo Switch this year, so now I have to start saving for both the system and the game!

I love the bright colors, the open world, and just all the activities you can do.

It reminds me of Harvest moon/Story of seasons, my all time favorite game series, so I'm super excited for its release to systems. :)

Donator — PrinCSS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/10 07:24:40 )

@Fozzy: Need to make a steam account just for this, it sounds incredible!

COMMISSION | GUIDE | PREMADES

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/10 09:32:50 )
@Aly: It's so worth it! I'm just dipping my toe in rn, but I'm super excited and cannot wait for the console release. :)
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 01:37:11 )
I love My Time at Portia!! It's so fun. I haven't played it in a little while but wow it's so great to just relax and play. Plus the developers are always adding new stuff since it's in Early Access, but it's already satisfying to play even though the game isn't "finished" yet. :D

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/11 09:01:46 )
How does it compare to Stardew Valley? Eventhough they're fundamentally different...but still?

Voltie — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/12 23:50:25 )
@Majesticles: To answer that question, I guess I'd have to ask "in what way" are we comparing it to SDV?

Farming isn't as big a part of the game. You can get nice crafting ingredients from farming, but it's totally optional and probably not viable as your only way of earning money/gaining materials.

There's a bigger emphasis on exploration, gathering, and combat. The combat is a little more involved than SDV's (though only slightly), and a little less optional (though you could probably get away with not doing any fighting).

The biggest part of the game is crafting, so you'll spend most of your time gathering materials to craft the things you need to 1) complete requests, 2) progress the story, 3) improve your equipment, and et cetera.

Also, the game is in Early Access so it's incomplete, but still enjoyable IMO.
dear Lord I need a new signature someone help me

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/15 01:56:01 )
OH MAN, My Time at Portia is absolutely stunning. I downloaded the demo, but my computer was too slow to play it well. Hahaha, but what I DID play, it was stunning. I'm excited to see what they do more of, because I also love the Harvest Moon series, as well as Stardew Valley. So I'm extremely hyped. XD

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.