Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Anniversary Party 2022 Anniversary Gift from the Guardians || Rates LOCKED-IN

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 13:54:25 )
-pops in-
Good morning.

Are we talking holiday decorations? 'Tis the season to decorate... there were a couple houses here who put up Halloween decorations before October even started. It was too soon, imo... but I just put up a few things last week, so maybe I'm late to the proverbial party? I'll take them down after Halloween, leaving only a couple "Fall" things up (like the scarecrow) for a while (maybe until Thanksgiving), then at some point, the Winter Holiday lights and stuff will replace that.

The stores, however... other than the craft stores, where it makes sense to have holiday stuff out super early (since they're craft-related, and those take time), I'm seeing far too many Christmas things out already.

... and if everyone doesn't seem to like the holiday stuff out so early, who's buying it... because somebody has to be buying it for the stores to continue thinking it's a good idea to keep putting it out so early...

It's too early for this. Treats, anyone?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 14:49:39 )

@star2000shadow: Thanks. That was sweet of you to say.

@Wildfire: True. I'm not a good fan of fish so I tend to get the ones with crab or just veggies. I do also really like Inari!

@TeaTales: At least you remembered now lol

@Rei Ann: Ice sucks. I feel like I always fall on it. We don't always get snow every storm. Sometimes it's ice and sometimes it's rain. We had an ice storm the winter before last and it was crazy. I had never seen something like that in rl.

@CooperationIsKey: Video games are a good way to spend your time imo XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:01:26 )
@Totalanimefan: How are you not a fan of fish after growing up near the water? o_0 (j/k) I know it happens, and we all have our own tastes, but there's some good seafood to be had around here! :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:02:52 )

@Alorrena: It's good that you do well and they are understanding enough. I do feel like other jobs would have let you go already. I'm sure the supplements will help you :)
Where would you like to go on the honeymoon?

@Wildfire: Oh, if I caught the fish myself that day and had it for dinner I don't mind it. Every other fish in the restaurant or store is too old. And I know most people don't know the difference but I do, and I can taste it lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:04:10 )

Also I like lots of seafood that isn't fish. Like Shrimp, Lobster, Crab, Eel, Squid, Octopus. Just not fish.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:07:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, some is definitely more fresh than others... but there is some good fish to be found around here :3 I like all kinds of seafood too, but I'm not really a fan of fishing for some reason.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:12:11 )

@Wildfire: Fishing can be boring, and you have to wake up super early, but the sunrise on the water does make it worth it. It's beautiful. My Dad is a nurse but also a Captain. We were always out fishing when I was younger.
I used to work at a seafood restaurant right on the water, fish was fresh but not same day. I'm talking like 6 hours difference for what I like lol

@kittyberry: I think that's really cool that you are using your body for science! Imagine what people can learn from you! What if one day you become famous in the field? XD
I don't think it's that bad living with your parents, unless they are buttholes haha

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:27:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I just never really caught the "bug" for fishing, I guess... probably a combination of things, not the least of which is being outside in the sun for so long to make it worthwhile...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:37:10 )

@Wildfire: It's harsh the sun. But we did have a top on the boat so we could be in the shade.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:49:46 )
*hands you the rainy clouds that are here* sun problem solved...

and now.. ill go for a walk hoping it can give me some more energy to get to the moat. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 15:56:53 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space | Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: Well it's true
<:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 16:50:08 )
    Hey, my father was a captain as well!

I was never much of a fisherman myself. In fact, I had a weird knack for catching things that weren't quite fish which was entirely embarrassing when I was younger. I caught a crab (go ahead), a jellyfish (no idea how this was possible), and a sea monster (it was either a monkfish or a lingcod). I was so startled at that fish that I kicked it off my line back into the ocean and hoped it didn't invite a storm.

8/10 one of the more terrifying moments in my life.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 16:54:52 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Her Graceful Snow | Snow Owl | Winter Stroll | WZRD | Under New Managment | Headless Rider | Flutterby | Queen Titania | Purr For You | Porcelain Pianissimo | Dazzling Sun | Deadly Darling | Reaper of Space | Wicked

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
listening to people sleep makes me tired as all get out 'pouts' dang it. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 16:57:15 )

@blue: I like your story a lot. I loved catching things that were weird or unusual. Made the trip more fun.

@star2000shadow: I'm so tired today cause I had to wake up 3 hours earlier than normal

@TeaTales: Walks when it's nice outside are just the best. I love it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 17:01:29 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Totalanimefan: that's actually what I did 'yawns' but its now to late for me to just lay back down I'll miss my time out so up I am.

<:3( )~~

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 17:10:52 )

@star2000shadow: I thought about taking a nap, but I decided to just stay awake. I can't wait until it's time for bed tonight haha
I love that art. I can't stop staring at it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 17:40:17 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah- that's pretty much a necessity ... but I'm so fair-skinned, a little bit of shade doesn't always help.

@TeaTales: I think that worked! It's actually overcast here right now :3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 17:41:48 )

@Wildfire: We also had to put on sunscreen when we got on the boat right before sunrise, and we had to reapply. My Dad was very good about making us do that, and I'm still good about wearing sunscreen but I don't get the cheap stuff for my face cause I hate the way it feels lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 17:47:42 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Totalanimefan:

@star2000shadow: I thought about taking a nap, but I decided to just stay awake. I can't wait until it's time for bed tonight haha
I love that art. I can't stop staring at it.

i'll probably drop when i get home but yeah thanks, I like looking up cute things haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/10/27 17:48:01 )
@Totalanimefan: LOL. That's something.
My mom is/was a Captain too, btw... I just never really got in to the whole "water" thing the same way...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.