Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day 2022: Spring Cleaning! Spring Cleaning: The Dust Wars Event FAQ (+ Raffle Hangout!)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:00:35 )

@kiwi: Last week I was busy showing some friends around DC and NYC. It was a fun time but A LOT of walking. Like 70 miles a lot.

@sunny: Yeah I think that it will get worse before it gets better. Is it cheaper to take the bus or get food from the store delivered?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:01:17 )
@sunny: I'm sorry to hear that you can't get to the coast easily. Could you get there if you wanted to, in a reasonable period of time, or is it really just unattainable for you, for where you are in the country?

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I remember chatting with you about continuing your education before you started the whole process. I'm just not sure I ever really knew where or how you were doing it. I asked... and I will check the link.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:01:35 )
@Alorrena: well, I'm glad you found a new fun game that you enjoy. Games can be quite hit-or-miss, it seems... hard to tell whether or not you're actually going to like it before you are playing it...

@Purpsy: I ate. I made myself a tomato sandwich for breakfast lunch... whatever! XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:03:46 )
    @Totalanimefan: it’s much cheaper to get food delivered these days. The bus isn’t too unreasonable yet but I expect prices to rise.

@Wildfire: it’s about a 3 hour drive to our nearest beach. Not really good for a day trip :(

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:09:08 )
@sunny: yeah... that kinda requires an overnight or a weekend. Do-able, but not really for a daytrip :(

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:14:03 )
    @Wildfire: I’ve done it before as a day trip and it’s really exhausting lol. Beaches in the uk aren’t anything special anyway, just pebbly rocks and cold water lol!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:25:04 )
@sunny: pebbly rocks and cold water... hmmm... sounds like New England beaches! XD No wonder they named it that when they got here and started colonizing!! XD
The beaches here are the super soft sand that is featured in all the brochures for "beach vacations"... and of course, the infamous Clearwater Beach isn't terribly far from me... and the Gulf of Mexico often feels like you're walking in to a bath tub... it's that warm!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:53:03 )
    @Wildfire: don’t! You’re making me super jealous!!! That sounds like heaven on earth. Everything I learn about Florida makes me want to visit even more!!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 22:57:58 )
@sunny: lol! <3 Lots of people visit Florida... and it is worth a visit, imo ... just not over the summer. Ugh. XD
The Gulf doesn't usually have much in terms of waves... if we want that, we have about a 3-hour car trip to the other side of the peninsula to the Atlantic Ocean...
I do like living here. It's a good spot to be, imo. :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 23:11:46 )
    @Wildfire: it sounds like paradise, though I’msure like all places it has its drawbacks. The humidity maybe, or the alligators Lol XD

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 23:15:55 )
@Wildfire: yeah, that's very true. I'm just glad it was free because it was a quick play through.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 23:26:43 )

@Wildfire: It's cool, it's different than traditional school but that's why I like it better.
Just spent the last hour+ cooking for myself and a dog I'm dog sitting for.

@sunny: Is that something you guys often do? I like getting it delivered. Where delivers to you? Iceland? Tesco?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 23:28:59 )
    @Totalanimefan: Iceland, Tesco, Morrisons, all the usual places. We don’t order delivery often because I prefer to physically be in the store. I find I end up forgetting a whole bunch of items if I shop online. In store I can actually remember to get what I need lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 23:30:07 )
Oh cool! Thank you so much for the gift!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 23:34:40 )
@sunny: lol! The alligators take some getting used to, and you definitely need to keep a healthy respect for them, but they aren't usually much of an issue, tbh. They are naturally afraid of humans. Just don't go swimming in fresh water around here and you should be ok XD

@Alorrena: Free is always good. Steam is pretty good about that, imo - they offer some good games for free, from time to time :3 I'm glad you enjoyed your game

@Totalanimefan: "traditional" schools aren't all they're cracked up to be, imo. There's a time and a place for them, but for the "real adults" looking to boost their skills, well, maybe not...
I just spent the last hour and a half cooking for my guys...
How did you end up babysitting a dog??

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/14 23:39:32 )
    @Wildfire: ok! I would give them a wide berth, but you hear horror stories of them attacking. Probably urban myths tbh.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 00:01:31 )
@sunny: They do attack periodically, but usually when a human is doing something stupid like annoying them, or swimming with them... or bothering them during mating season. They are not creatures I personally want to get up close and personal with, and I definitely give them a wide berth, but I suspect the stories are exaggerated most of the time.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 00:02:25 )

@sunny: I always have to make a list, or I forget things lol.

@Wildfire: Yeah I'm watching a friends dog, but he won't eat dog food XD He likes cooked ground beef, so I had to make that for him.
I went to two different colleges in rl when I was younger. I'm glad I did it, but I'm at the point in my life where I just need the piece of paper.

@kiwi: I know. My poor feet, and hips. They want nothing else but to be still this week.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 00:10:33 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't know any dog that would choose kibble over ground beef if given the option between the two... XD
And exactly... working, established adults need something different than jumping through hoops that some of the 'regular' colleges expect from new students. It's good to see that need being met :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/15 00:12:38 )

@Wildfire: My dog can't have human food because it's too rich for him. He throws it up every time. Even something simple like beef he will throw up if he has more than a small treat.
Yes, and they also market this college to working people. I'm apart of the school's FB group and reddit group and I would say like 90% of people are working adults and most with 1st hand experience, but no paper.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.