Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Got offered a "working interview"....

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 23:10:54 )
So after months of applying this is the closest I've gotten to a job. They interviewer said if I do well I have the job. The "working interview" is 1 day at 8/hr. (I'm assuming the actual job is more since I believe it's salary w/ benefits and I told them my current job is 12/hr.)

This is the first time I've encountered this... thoughts?

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 23:21:30 )
@koneko: I wouldn't call this "small" but it is a very local business. This is for an admin assistant position, was yours similar?

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 23:47:37 )
@Bioshock: I'm reading up on it now since I've never encountered this before but apparently it's not uncommon, especially for office work. I'm sorry they took advantage of you; that's a really crappy business practice. No sure I'd want to eat there after that lol

I'm hoping that it's something like they're down to two candidates so they need to see who's better situation

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:07:28 )
i'd be careful!!! might b worth looking into , tho, if its a reputable place ovo
- [ miss sunny ]

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:22:53 )
@Bioshock: I could never lol. I once had to ask for all the food I'd ordered at a Mcds (I was polite about it!) but the manager made such a big deal about I haven't been to that location since ^^;

@koneko: Is that something you enjoy? I looked into it but wasn't sure it was for me. I like dogs well enough but I'm not big on getting messy lol

@vitreus: I'd like to think so. They've been in business for a long time and I've worked for similar company before.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 02:29:22 )
@Lilykin: ooo then i'd say u cld try it out!!! good luck !! :D
- [ miss sunny ]

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 11:49:18 )
I had a working interview once. It was at a dog sitting place. I was told I would be compensated for my time even if they did not hire me. They didn't train me, or tell me what they expected me to do. I winged it for 8 hours in the sun, picking up dog-doo and hoping the dogs didn't get into a fight, because no training. When the job was done, they never called me back. When I called them about payment, I was told that was never something they agreed to. I felt like I had been used :/
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 17:05:18 )
@koneko: That stinks you can't do it anymore :(

@Glume: Oh yikes! Did you get it writing? If it wasn't to long ago you should be able to report it to the labor board (or if it's a chain to their company). I had something similar happen with a seasonal kiosk job. Tearing down after the holidays was apparently not a part of the regular job and I had to call the company for the check b/c my "manager" didn't report the hours. This was the same manager that left me on 10 hr shifts without a break. I had a deal with store next to me that they would come watch my booth if I needed a potty break :[

I never did get that check... they sent it to the manager even though they had my address on file??? Idk
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.