Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 00:39:16 )
@amortentia: I played a warrior in DA:O (sword and board), a warrior in DAII (two handed) and then literally all the classes in DA:I XD

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 06:17:56 )
@totalanimefan: Interesting! I'm guessing by your later choices of where to live, you missed the warmth? ^^

@cheshirecat: So you haven't played the mage origin story? I can't imagine how hard the Arishok battle must have been with anything other than a mage. Speaking of which, that battle was way harder than Merediths!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 06:50:38 )
@amortentia: You know, I don't remember having a hard problem with the Arishok! But it was so long since I've played DA II

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 06:59:37 )
@cheshirecat: It's the one fight I'm never looking forward to, I hate when he does the attack where he shish kebabs you on his giant sword

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 07:13:16 )
@amortentia: Yeah, that attack is definitely no fun.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 07:34:52 )
@cheshirecat: all this talk is making me want to replay it but dang it I need to finish this DAI playthrough! XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 07:57:41 )
@amortentia: Then finish it! XD Chop chop!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 08:41:13 )

@Amortentia: oh yeah I couldn’t handle the weather at all in Preston. It was almost like the weather in Scotland. Not like the weather in London lol. I don’t like it when the weather is always cloudy.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 13:46:43 )
@cheshirecat: Trying, just taking a while due to IRL work, but I will finish it goddang it! XD And romance my bby Cullen. Wish I didn't hate playing as males or Dorian would be in some serious trouble^^; Also, like your new avi!

@totalanimefan: I can understand that, I mean who wouldn't want warm and sunny almost all days?! Crazy people, that's who! XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 22:27:22 )

@Amortentia: exactly! But for real. I got pretty bad seasonal depression in England. Some days I didn’t even want to get out of bed and go to class.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 23:36:59 )
@totalanimefan: Oh, wow, I am sorry to hear that :( Can't imagine how hard that must have been, especially since you lived there for two years! Glad you're in Cali now then :)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 23:48:05 )

@Amortentia: thank you. <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 01:16:55 )
@amortentia: I LOVED THE ROMANCE WITH CULLEN. He, Solas, and Dorian are my weaknesses. Like I STRUGGLE with CC because of those men!! STUPID BOYS XD

And thank you!! <3 I wanted a little bit of a change!

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 08:03:28 )
@totalanimefan: So, looking forward to the weekend?

@cheshirecat: OMG YES! Love my boys, and my best boy Varric who's always got my back I know how you feel lol! Can get that. Looking forward to the 25th to see what goodies we get then.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 10:12:40 )

@Amortentia: yeah I am. The shelter in place means I probably won’t go anywhere but my husband is off! So yay (he works from home though)

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 10:58:14 )
@totalanimefan: Wohoo! :) At least you get to spend more time together, that's always a plus! Have you guys had shelter in place for long? Not really up to date with what's going on in the US right now, other than that your president told people to drink inappropriate things (and they died) and that he's eating malaria medication XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 18:40:33 )

@Amortentia: yeah that’s all happening I’m sorry to say. He’s such an idiot. And he cares only about himself and he says his ‘ratings’ are good? The F? We have had over 90,000 people die from this. It’s not about how popular you are dude.

Anyway. I’ve been sheltering in place since March 9th. Most of the county did so between March 17th and like March 25th. Some places and some states are starting to open up again but lots of people are still dying.

We have people on the far right protesting that sheltering in place is a valuation of their rights 🙄 and they are trying to convince local governments to open. Mostly so they can get a haircut or go to the mall. 🙄

It’s a shit show in the US right now. If we had enough testing and if the President would have prepared instead of saying the virus is a hoax, or it will go away on its own we could be like other countries and have this shit under control or mostly under control.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 18:47:07 )
@totalanimefan: Ye, he's..... quite something that man, and that something isn't good. Like, how could people vote for him, much less honestly believe a word that comes out of his mouth? Yeah who cares about his imaginary rating when there's a global pandemic and thousands are dying?

Can't believe some states are lifting the quarantine/shelter in place. And also, some people. Is going to the mall worth dying over? Or being responsible for killing someone else, because he/she might be a symptomfree carrier of the virus???

Sorry you guys have to go through this :(

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 18:55:36 )

@Amortentia: I feel exactly the same way as you. And actually he didn’t win the popular vote when he was elected. We have this system called the electoral college. So that states are more fairly represented and normally it’s the same as the popular vote (which means the other person had more people vote for them). But Trump was still the one elected.

I’m shocked by it too but right now America is going through a tough time. We have one propaganda ‘news’ station that is far right and some people believe it’s Actually news. They tell you who to be angry at and all that. Never at the president though.
And I think over time more and more people started to believe it and stopped seeing other people that disagreed with them as people. So therefore no empathy. Which is a horrible thing to be without in a society.
America will recover from this but I don’t know how yet. There are plenty of people staying home and doing the right thing. It’s a small amount of people doing something dumb but they are getting screen time in the news so people think it’s more common than it is.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/21 19:45:16 )
@totalanimefan: That's just... Weird that they could disregard the feelings of the majority of the american people. Although, neither of the top two candidates were anything to cheer from. But a reality soap star, who's claimed bankruptcy how many times now? And who says to grab women by their.. to be elected president. I can't even imagine what that must have felt like to watch happen. The rest of the world was in shock. We still are, at how he can't have been impeached or removed from office.

Hope it starts going towards becoming better, rather than worse, despite the people with no regards for the rest of the populus.

To change the topic to something lighter: what are you up to today? :vanora_smile:
Ping me for chitchat, potential rping or general madness

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.