Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 08:59:20 )
@amortentia: Well, that's Dragon Age II's whole thing, you know? Mages are being repressed to an insane degree, to where they're being violated, almost on the daily by the very people who are supposed to protect them. So what does an animal do when they don't see a way out and they're scared? They get angry and insanely violent. The fact they turn into demons shows that the demons offered them something that the mages found much better than the treatment from the templars.

Am I defending them? No. But I can see their point of view, you know? Like, I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were put in their position, especially if I had the power to change at my fingertips.

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 09:35:50 )
@Amortentia: Find some threads you like and make yourself at home 😊
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 10:14:26 )
@totalanimefan: Yes :) Ooh, matcha is soo god. Bought a packet of "insta" matcha latte a while back when visiting friends and I love it! Although, to be fair, not quite as delicious as it's cold as it is to drink right after pouring the hot water XD

@lilykin: Will do haha, found the rp corner and will set up my nest there, me thinks :)

@cheshirecat: Exactly! That's how I feel aswell. Like, sure in some places I think they've got it pretty good considering because not all circles are as bad. But Kirkwall? God dang, they've got it SO SO bad over there that how can you blame them for giving in to the demons, when they're already being tormented and living in fear for their lives constantly. In DAI, so far, I just think they're all in the super wrong. At least own up to your mistakes! :vanora_unamused:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 11:05:48 )
@amortentia: Well, then Templars think that mages need to go back in, Mages are like "How about NOOOOO" and then they fight all the time. XD It's just a bowl of mistakes and blood. It's awful.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 17:07:22 )

@Amortentia: oh that’s cool. It’s not as good but sometimes you just want something easy.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 19:15:14 )
@cheshirecat: Yeah, it's really awful. And I hate that we have to choose a side on DAI, because they're both in the wrong and they need to cooperate. Imagine how much easier things would have been if you could have them both in your side 🤔

@totalanimefan: True. Sadly no place here serves the actual stuff so the powdery instant version is all I've got 🥺

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/18 22:41:08 )

@Amortentia: RIP that’s sad. Could you get some good stuff delivered from online or from a supermarket near you? Or do they only have the mixes?

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 00:20:11 )
@totalanimefan: Unfortunately no, if I'd ordered online it would have to be from out of the country, and with shipping and customs it'd wouldn't be worth it :( Luckily I can get a nice cup or chai latte just about everywhere so can't be too sad :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 01:06:08 )
@amortentia: That would be amazing! I would be interested to see what might have happened! :0

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 01:36:34 )
@cheshirecat: I imagine a lot of small squabbles amongst them, but like, the whole world in in danger so maybe help each other out for just a little bit XD I'm hoping for DA4 to resolve some of these things.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 02:51:23 )

@Amortentia: oh that’s sad :( where do you live?

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 03:04:36 )
@totalanimefan: Sweden. What about you? From what part of the world do you hail?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 03:50:18 )
@amortentia: I agree! DA4 should close a lot of loose ends and open some doors in Tevinter.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 05:04:57 )
@cheshirecat: Yeah I feel so too. The last three games have built up this mages v templar storyline and has left a lot of ends I think a lot of people want tied together. Would love to go to Tevinter and Antiva in DA4!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 09:02:33 )
@amortentia: So I think they meant to wrap up DAI's Templar V. Mages with the Chantry decision ending with who became Divine.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 10:08:55 )
@cheshirecat: Probably, but it didn't feel very endy. But hey, hopefully next game will be like "and this happened, however the fade rift resulted in this". I did love that my warden and champion got to come back for a shortie :)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 11:39:57 )
@amortentia: Yes! I was so excited too! Although the Hawke I played with in DAII was a two hander warrior, not a sword and board ;( But! I liked it none the less!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 19:02:11 )

@Amortentia: California USA. We are pretty far away from each other. It’s amazing what the internet can do.

Donator — Unholiest Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 19:59:07 )
@cheshirecat: True. Personally I'm almost always a mage, save for DAO where I played every class (all dem storylines!) :)

@totalanimefan: Wow, yeah that is pretty dang far apart XD Have you always lived in Florida? And yeah, the Internet is an amazing thing <3
Ping me for chitchat, potential rping or general madness

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 21:23:21 )

@Amortentia: I lived in Florida until I was 20 years old. Then lived in the UK for two years, then FL again for a year then California for the last 5 years.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.