Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat trying to cancel travel accommodations and its hard

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 19:27:54 )
@Totalanimefan: we've been staying home for social-distancing since late March. "Essential work only" and that.

Faring a lot better in the quarantine effort than down south I think, but a lot of our decisions are based on the CDC so it's hard to be unaffected by the trump administration.

Can't escape it. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 20:16:26 )

@Eruca: lol so true.
I’m on day 37 lol feels normal and yet not and yet never ending.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:33:23 )
@Totalanimefan: ah it's been that long already?? x.x

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:47:59 )

@Eruca: Yeah for me it has. I started a week before the Bay Area did. (I'm in the Bay Area) since my husband and most tech companies we working from home since then.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 15:41:36 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm glad y'all don't have to lose your jobs over this.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 19:19:18 )

@Eruca: I’m not working but my husband is working from home. He make way more than me and since we can’t go out we don’t really have to worry about money. We are blessed that way.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 19:28:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Aaah I see. How lucky indeed! Bay area still at pretty high risk so stay safe~

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:11:30 )

@Eruca: Yeah it is. Luckily my husband works for a company with A LOT of cash reserves and they said that during a down turn they would use it as an opportunity to hire more people. So #Blessed lol
Your work been good?

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 04:09:46 )
@Totalanimefan: ima student. lol #parasite

well, to clarify, I do get a research stipend so. I can just afford to live. the research work don't stop even if it's not essential.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 05:50:01 )

@Eruca: I see. That’s pretty cool. What are you studying?

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 13:24:56 )
@Totalanimefan: I study how drivers' responses to an event change depending on how far away the event happened.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 20:25:56 )

@Eruca: That's cool. Will your research help stop/lower car accidents?

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 20:41:15 )
@Totalanimefan: it will one day. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 20:59:23 )

@Eruca: Good. Too many people die from car accidents. I really hate how car dependent America is, and how they will just give anyway a license it seems.

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 21:02:46 )
Glob, I know how frustrating that is.
I work for Marriott and for several weeks before they furloughed my location we were doing nothing but cancelling reservations.
Thankfully they changed the policy to make it easier for most people.
But there were the rare cases where we couldn't guarantee a refund and it was just heartbreaking to have to inform the guest that they'd be out the money, just to have them cuss and yell that we weren't doing enough to help them and couldn't do our jobs properly. =/

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:34:00 )
@Totalanimefan: I agree!

@blinkini: Oof... I hope you can still manage.
I don't get people who cuss at customer service as if it'll change anything. Process refunds isn't actually their job. :V I blame the system, tbh.
When I was calling in to get my reservation cancelled (it's being processed at the moment), I could tell how tired the people on the other end of the line were. But by the time I could gauge their collective mood, I had called so many times and talked to so many reps that it was getting frustrating for me too. All they had to do was escalate my case to management and I'd be off twiddling my thumbs waiting for some kind of answer, lol. It makes sense why management would want to make it kind of difficult to do that though. Eh, oh well.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:38:01 )

@Eruca: I looked at flights today for my possible trip to DC in July, it wasn't even that cheap. I was like what the hell airlines, do you really think we will all just be traveling in July? Crazy.

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 23:41:29 )
@Eruca: Well they seem to believe that we have the ability to change it. And I mean, we can always make those requests if they ask us to. But it's still going to depend more on how often they stay with us and how lenient the specific hotel is.
Idk about whomever you were calling, specifically, but where I work we get docked for escalating calls. We have a certain percentage of our calls that we can transfer in a month. That includes management, different departments, and the hotel directly. So when I have to escalate three calls in one day it can get really frustrating because I could potentially get my butt reamed by my manager when we have our weekly meeting.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 01:56:27 )
@Totalanimefan: i guess they need to make their money somehow? it does seem outrageous though.

@blinkini: I see... You shouldn't be punished for doing your job properly and helping out a customer. Especially in extraordinary times like these.
Ping me

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 02:39:57 )

@Eruca: Yeah I guess so. I thought that if it was like dirt cheap and I had a chance of getting my money back if it's all still like this I thought that it was worth a shot but not at $25 less XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.