Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Stimulus Checks

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 16:41:48 )

These stimulus checks have gotten people so flustered and upset and it’s draining. I work at a helpline call center and even though we have nothing to do with it we have people calling in complaining and cursing us about not getting them yet.

Literally had a man tell one of my co-workers she was full of sh*t and told another one she was sitting on her a**.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 16:52:59 )

it's really sad to me how normal it is for customers to take out their frustrations on employees who have nothing to do with it ):

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 19:54:35 )
end users are always the worst

i deal with business owners all day every day but jesus christ i could not do retail/customer service

hello again

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 21:54:50 )

yeah but we honestly deal with this a lot, it just really sucks because we can feel how people are even more flustered due to the pandemic. It’s hard for a lot of people, which doesn’t make it okay but ugh

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 21:56:29 )

Damn that sucks! I’m so glad that I don’t work in retail anymore.

I thought this thread was going to be about went our checks were coming in. A saw online a lot of people are going to get them on the 15th. It won’t be the same for everyone though.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/11 21:59:22 )

Well I hope all the individuals who are really relying on them get them then. I do know that they are also releasing an app that will allow you to set up direct deposit and such. That will be nice

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/13 02:03:52 )
People are very afraid and they are very scared... not just of the virus, but of the very concrete reality of being able to live day-to-day and being able to take care of their families. It's not an excuse for bad behavior, but it is the reality. It is difficult being on the receiving end of this frustration and uncertainty, and it certainly takes a toll, but be compassionate and understanding whenever possible (without dropping your boundaries for decent behavior/treatment) <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 20:43:41 )

@Wildfire: oh yes absolutely. I wish there was more available to people too. But I understand there are limitations but what’s even worse is that the most vulnerable of people are going to have to get through all kinds of loops when they have already been struggling day to day.

It’s just really sad and my heart bleeds for people but also for us who are working and feeling the fear and anger directed towards us.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 22:27:30 )
@Bonnie: It is a traumatic, weird situation for all of us, in a number of ways - plenty of which are really scary. And compassionate though we may be, we each have our breaking points. It's horrible, really... all of this!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 23:15:15 )

@Wildfire: yeah, but we have to persevere! How are you holding up?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:08:50 )
@Bonnie: I'm doing ok, but I've never been one to mind "alone time".
How about you?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 00:12:31 )

@Wildfire: I’m the same way so I’m doing pretty well. Haven’t really been stir crazy at all

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 13:21:45 )
@Bonnie: Yep - I'd like to get outside a bit more and not have to deal with some of the restrictions that are in place, but all in all, I'm just putzing around, doing things that are needed or are of interest.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 14:48:26 )

@Wildfire: yeah I’d like to go to a few restaurants for food more often because I miss the taste of their food but all in all I’m just going to wait it out patiently

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 16:43:16 )
@Bonnie: Yup. We've done the curb take-out option a couple times, but it's not the same thing, really.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 18:25:21 )

@Wildfire: yeah and it’s just not the same as sitting down and enjoying the food! That’s the first thing I’m going to do when this is over, go out to eat!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 19:00:15 )
@Bonnie: You and half the world, I suspect... if anything has managed to withstand the financial fall-out of being forcefully closed for this long.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 19:49:23 )

@Wildfire: yeah I hope so a lot of the restaurants are family owned so I hope they were able to do curbside!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:08:58 )
@Bonnie: Yes, exactly. I'm not sure I want to see the real fallout from this mess... *sad* I'm hoping for the best, though <3
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:49:25 )

@Wildfire: yeah it’s just crazy cause it’s never really been like this before. Other pandemics have not hit the states and many other countries to this degree so it’s a scary time...

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.