Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My Foot Hates Me, I Swear...

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 04:37:01 )

Because seriously.
Last night it hurt enough that I coudl barely walk on it. Today when I got up it wasn't as bad, but it's getting to be about as bad again.
DX

I'm really hoping this fixes itself and I don't need to go for one of the other options.

Oh, I know the problem. It's because I have super high arches, and as a result have developed Morton's Neuroma (If you want some information, click here). It's never hurt quite this bad before though DX

So I'm sitting here, hurting, and need a distraction.
Let's chat! XD

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 04:39:24 )
The job I had before my current one, the shoes i was required to wear gave me a nasty bunion on my right food.
And since starting this new job, because, because I walk SO much now, its just gotten worse.

I have been trying to use those bunion corrector casts while im sleeping, but it only seems to be getting bigger and I really cant afford to go to the doctors and have them remove it you know?

I also have the opposite of a high arch, I am flat footed in both feet and it sucks in its own way for sure
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 04:47:49 )

@Kingslowpoke: Ohhh that sounds super fun!! DX
I really hope you can find something to help deal with those bunions, before they become a serious problem.

And yeah, my other half has flatfeet, so I can completely see how it could be an issue in its own right.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 05:06:54 )

I think my feet are ok. Sometimes they hurt in the middle of them if I stand too much in a day. I think my foot gets overly flat?

I hope that yours feels better soon.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 05:16:24 )

@Totalanimefan: So do I DX
And ew. Standing for hours sucks. Don't get a stress fracture! Take care of your feet~<3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 05:33:30 )

@Amber Lynne: I could get that from that? I will be sure to take care of my feet.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 06:27:31 )

@Totalanimefan: I think so.
Then again, I ain't a medic.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 06:30:27 )

@Amber Lynne: I'm not either XD I'll still be sure not to stand for too long at a time.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 06:59:39 )

@Totalanimefan: Or at the very least, get super comfortable/supportive shoes. Put the bit of extra money out to get quality footwear, as it may be something that helps if you do have to be on your feet for an extended period of time.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 07:04:06 )

@Amber Lynne: Yes! I don't like to cheap out on shoes at all. It really makes a difference.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 07:33:03 )

@Totalanimefan: I don't have a problem with it, lol.
Then again, I have custom insoles that are modeled for my feet. Soooo, cheap shoes? Not a problem. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 07:44:31 )

@Amber Lynne: that’s a good idea too. My husband had to wear insoles for a while. Then he lost about 20 pounds and he doesn’t need them anymore.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 07:46:01 )

@Totalanimefan: They can be lovely. Whether custom or not.
So yeah. If you`re on your feet all day or something, I totally reccommend having them.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 07:48:24 )

@Amber Lynne: we got ones the dr recommended and my husband loved wearing them. They were like $50 though.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 07:53:02 )

@Totalanimefan: Cheaper than a custom pair. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 09:13:10 )

@Amber Lynne: true facts lol
I’m off to bed. Good night

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 09:53:19 )
I hope the pain is subsiding. Foot/lower leg pain sucks, and the world is set up mostly for people to have to walk around places which makes it hard to rest your feet when they are in pain.

My ankles used to twist all the time because my feet were sooooooooo flat as a kid, and I only slowly developed very small arches. I went to the physical therapist recently about it, since I keep pulling a tendon on the inside of my ankle and I was worried I would tear it and then only have surgery as an option. The PT agreed with me that it's likely Posterior Tibial Tendonitis, and gave me some stuff I can do to help, but it hasn't gotten rid of the lingering pain, so I empathize with your recurring, chronic pain.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/15 11:53:01 )

@athabm: Oh geez. That sounds super fun. dX
Hopefully you don't end up tearing a tendon. That just sounds like hell on Earth to be. DX

And just because something doesn't work imediately, doesn't mean you have no hope!
... really hope you find something that does help really well (like gets right of the lingering pain) soon though

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/17 12:07:08 )
@Amber Lynne: You're right, and patience is sometimes really hard when things hurt. I hope you're having a better day than before.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.