Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat We are now the first country (Netherlands)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 11:37:13 )

Where a judge has rules that a/our goverment needs to do more to stop climate change. We need to reduse the co2 emissions with atleast 25% next year.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 14:38:18 )

That's great news!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 14:45:50 )

@sunny: Yes it is. But not sure how the farmers will take this.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 16:50:23 )

@vengeance: hopefully they will be willing to try.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 16:51:12 )
Great news, but yes I agree. The farmers would probably not be too happy, but they should at least giv e it a chance. I know it is a struggle, it also is here in Denmark tbh.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 17:27:44 )

That’s amazing! I’m so glad that your country is stepping forward I wish that others were too.
Good news is the yesterday in Virginia the government bought the major rail tracks within the state from the freight companies. So now more passenger trains can run. They are also adding new tracks and a new bridge from VA to DC which any train traveling through VA to go north has to use. The current one is 115-years old and doesn’t have enough tracks for the amount of trains needed to get people out of their cars.
I don’t live in VA but I am extremely happy to see a government doing something about the climate and the horrible traffic.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 21:03:48 )

@sunny: We have large farmer protests now.
@Querin: They want to keep everything the way it is. Research has shown that most nitrogen is coming from farmers and they are calling it all lies.
@Totalanimefan: They should do that here too but the trains are run by private companies and the prices only go up even more.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 21:07:08 )

@vengeance: At least you guys have trains. In CA they have been trying to build a high speed rail for 11 years. Maybe longer if you include the planning. T_T Americans are going to destroy the world with our cars.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 21:57:06 )
Congrats! I hope that at least some farmers will recognize this as an opportunity to prepare for food security in uncertain future climate scenarios, rather than just as an obstacle imposed by the government.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/21 13:02:33 )
@Vengeance: Honestly.. Being a farmers daughter, who also followed along i school... I do know that it is in fact not a lie that most nitrogen comes from farmers. Hawl, even the news some years back here kept reporting about it, but the farmers went in an uproar telling its a lie.. * facepalms *

At least some of them have seen to understood it slowly as more and more are trying to be more '' environment friendly ' But ts also taken at least 10 years for them to get this far..

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.