Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Corona Discussion - US bans travel to Europe over Coronavirus

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:23:57 )

UK doesn't count. US also banned goods from Europe to the US for 30 days.

Here is a Coronavirus live update thread Washington Post

Feel free to discuss the coronavirus here. Please make sure to wash your hands with soap for at least 20 sec and don't touch your face. Try to stay at home as much as possible. Even if you will be ok, you could give it to someone elderly. CDC Website

This is useful

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:30:14 )

i find it a bit funny that UK isn't included
    but then again, brexit
    but then again, they're in that area!! damn.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:38:02 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

Also make sure if you can't wash your hands with soap and water use hand sanitizer with SPECIFICALLY 60% alcohol. This has been stated time and time and time again at my work.

Also in relation to health tips, if you watch the newest CNN 10 for today with Carl Azuz, there is a portion on why it is important to do the "no touching your face" and "washing for 20 seconds including under your fingernails."

Just sharing that here.

Elderly, those with compromised immune systems, and young children are most likely to get it. Though even if you think you might not have it but you feel sick, stay home. They are recommending that last part hardcore at my work.

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:46:29 )
Good information in this thread, thank you!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:54:00 )

Yes! This will be a good thread to offer up verifiable data globally since this is affecting the entire world at the moment!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:03:15 )

@kaichoukai: Thank you for sharing that <3
@Autus: Stay safe <3
@Bonnie: Yes it could be! I think that the link is only going to be updated for today. I think they do a new live update thread everyday?
@pachi: I know I thought that too!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:06:35 )

@Totalanimefan: you could also link the cdc website as well

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:23:15 )

@Bonnie: Good idea.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:24:44 )

@Totalanimefan: I wanna say you could even post their FAQ page too. If you need help I can find them in the morning when I’m in front of a computer.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:26:23 )

I added the CDC link. I'll make a new thread if I want the thread to be about corona in general.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:52:53 )
kaichoukai:
Elderly, those with compromised immune systems, and young children are most likely to get it. Though even if you think you might not have it but you feel sick, stay home. They are recommending that last part hardcore at my work.

I have Lupus, so I'm on immunosuppressants and I'm scared I will get it. Unfortunately, I don't have sick days left for work. Next time I call out it's an automatic termination. Fuck my life.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:53:33 )

@Gatorlec: That really sucks. I hope that you don't get Corona.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:54:53 )
@Totalanimefan: I hope not either. I can't get fired. I need my job. I also don't want to die. Lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:57:29 )

@Gatorlec: Yeah. Did you talk to your boss about it?

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:59:26 )
@Totalanimefan: I talked to him but it's corporate policy, not his.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 06:04:20 )

@Gatorlec: Well good news is that people won't be coming into the place that you work as much. So maybe you won't get it.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 06:08:06 )
@Totalanimefan: I work at a store and they've bought all of our bleach, shit paper and cleaning supplies. I work at night and have only two hours of customer interaction (I come in an hour before closing and leave an hour after opening). They don't usually bother me, I don't know if that's because they don't think that the janitor knows where things are at or what. Lol. Fine by me.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 06:10:23 )

@Gatorlec: I would say that you are pretty low risk then. I think that you will be ok.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 06:14:16 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. I mean, I clean bathrooms too but I wear gloves and wash my hands like crazy. Every night, we've been ordered to disinfect literally anything that can be touched in the bathrooms, save for scrubbing the walls. But second shift maintenance quit on us, so the bathrooms are a fucking wreck by the time 10pm rolls around. Ah well.

Anyway, it's probably best that travel is halted right now. They're having it rough over there. In China too.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 06:21:24 )

@Gatorlec: It makes me feel better knowing that you work the night shift and are always washing your hands because it's apart of your job. I really think that you will be ok.

Yeah China was banned a little while ago. I don't remember exactly when.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.