Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Art Dumpuuh~ <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 21:17:01 )

I've drawn more of Candycorn but this time with her friends~
I was happy they're some people that wanted to twin Candycorn for being too adorable.
It was a great way to start the event for she is my little reaper mascotπŸ’•

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/12 17:28:10 )

I decided to draw one of my Wonderland inspired avis and now I'm a little scared to paint over it xwx
Her name is Black Alice she's the twisted version of the original Alice in Wonderland ewe

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 02:09:07 )

And here is the finish piece.
I struggled a lot on this one x.x
I may have had to redo 2 times to finally get it right... thank gawd I'm able to trace the original drawing  (´•Μ₯ω•Μ₯`) 

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 03:10:00 )

═════════════════════════⠀ βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜
β €|β €post art by kiwi!β €|β €spooky chat + afterparty art freebies :3

@purpsy: purpsy ur art is so cute i love ur style and the way u work w watercolors!!!

the playing card looks so good :-D
i love ur group ghosties piece too, is that watercolor too or colored pencil?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 03:23:14 )

@xvz: Thanks~♥
Yep it took a few tries until I got the card size perfect. I am not good at measurements at all...
Well the ghost reaper drawings are all in coloured pencil since it's faster that way.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 04:49:19 )

@purpsy: ohh yeah measurements are such a pain Haha i feel like u really got use a certain part of ur brain to do it >0>
if i have something i can trace sometimes i do that instead lol

oh i see, ur coloring style is really nice :3 it looks v watercolor-y!!
u seem like u have a rly good handle of the mediums u use :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 06:42:52 )

@xvz: Awe thanks that means a lot :3
I really reaaaalllly struggle more than you think but hopefully my new set of watercolour tubes will make a difference.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 07:06:46 )

@purpsy: oh nice! what kinds of materials do you use, do you have preferred brands or anything?

i've never tried the tubes of watercolor before, only like those palettes :0 but i did pick up some gouache / opaque watercolor at one point so i hope i can try it sometime :3
and i feel that, every time i'm working on a piece i'm like wow i have no idea what i'm doing Lol ...... but i just keep going and sometimes it works out haha ... in any case all the art pieces you've posted so far look super good!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/21 07:41:06 )

@xvz: I have not explored enough other watercolor brands there yet since I've been using my old paints like since highschool for umm years...
I've had experience on both palettes and watercolour tubes but I guess I prefer watercolour tubes more. I definitely want to try gouache someday too. But the one I got is Daler Rowney Simply Watercolour Tubes and is 24 set. I saw the reviews is not the best but they say is beginner friendly and good with experimenting with watercolour which I'm on that phase honestly. I just swatch all the tubes too and there's a few that's bad but overall good ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 19:45:04 )

@purpsy: oohh what's ur setup usually like, do u use a palette and squeeze the watercolor tubes out, or ?

yeah honestly i have a really hard time using nicer/expensive art supplies too :0 i'm like ohh i can't waste it and then i end up never touching them lol .... i love lower end art supplies cuz they're a lot less intimidating to work w! like i'll get stuff from the dollar store if i can lol
i'm trying to hype myself up into using better supplies as i'm improving though

watercolor is such a specific technique imo! do you usually do the whole piece at once? or will stop to wait for stuff to dry first, etc?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 21:19:26 )

@xvz: pretty much I set up all the chosen colours on palette first and I just recently learn that you have let it sit for 5 minutes for the paint to activate but with water of course. So I've been trying that.

Omg I get that! Honestly I used to go on art stores to get good art supplies but I have to travel far. Now I get most of mines on Walmart because I don't want to spend any expensive art supllies as well. It does feel like a waste especially when your starting out on something. But normally I don't really like to spend anything that's expensive.

Hmm I paint area by area. Normally the skin first or often I switch it up and start with the clothes or hair. Then wait for it to dry while paint something else. I do love to paint in layers and really despise wet on wet technique so I use that less. Honestly I'm still experimenting what works for me still.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/23 20:37:55 )

oohh i didn't know abt the letting it sit n activate thing :0 if u have extra do u usually reuse it? (since if it dries you can just add water to it again right?)

haha right! i feel like there's a lot of pressure when i use nice art supplies , like if i mess up it's like an expensive mistake T_T
do u use watercolor paper usually?? or just like a mixed media pad? :0

ohh area by area make sense ... last time i tried watercolor i got impatient and started a second piece and alternated cuz i didn't want to sit around waiting Lol - there probably is a strategy to it but i guess i haven't figured it out either , it probably takes a little practice to get an intuition for like, what areas can u work on while you wait for other parts to dry?
the painting in layers thing was kind of a new concept to me this year for watercolor for some reason i always thought you couldn't paint over it (like you could just wait for it to dry before you paint on top of it) lol. i think leaving stuff white takes foresight tho so i always admire when ppl use watercolor :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 19:39:17 )

Is been awhile but I draw my current avatar in spirit of fall~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/14 20:26:55 )

@xvz: oml I forgot to reply back x.x
So I'm sorry for the very veery late reply. But no I usually discard them afterwards. I'm pretty decent on using all of my paints so I have no leftovers often so yeah. And yeah I've been trying that technique for awhile now and it actually works! Although I get a bit impatient and wait less than five minutes tbh. And I use watercolour paper but I'm looking out for mixed media sketchbooks since I'm nearly done with my current sketchbook. It'll be nice to paint and draw into one book.

Watercolour is really tricky and I still haven't mastered it yet. But you can definitely layer it. It depends how much you can layer in what type of watercolour paper you have. But I usually wait mine to dry until I can paint a second layer or so. I think is a very common mistakes so no worries~ When I started out I used too much water too and I learned about layering a bit later as well.

I've seen vids of other artist use this medium and there's many ways to go about it. Which helps a lot when your starting out.But if you want a quick paint job just a watercolour palette is faster I think. Believe me using tubes takes extra longer to set up xwx

I'm also impatient too but I find watching something on youtube helps me at least so I can be entertained while waiting ^^

Edit: Just saw your art thread my goodness you can draw. And your not bad with watercolour as well :o

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/17 11:22:47 )
════════════════⠀ βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜

aww the drawing cute!!!

and nw there's never any pressure to reply to my posts tbh lol
and nice that u get the paint amounts right each time :0 i've been using the watercolor pans but i use a ceramic plate as a palette for mixing and stuff! i've been using a mixed media pad and it seems to be holding up ok! i think it's sliightly cheaper too than watercolor paper from my experience ?

i did a bit of watercolor the other day again and i've also been using a white paint pen! i guess ideally i would be able to leave the whites blank but that takes a lot more planning/care lol
it's fun how u can use the water as like... a clipping mask in a way? like you can define the edges w water before u lay down color :0

and lol ty!! i've been practicing a bit :3 i basically only have a mixed media pad rn (instead of a normal big sketchbook) so it's been pushing me to do more painting instead of just drawing! :0

βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜ ⠀════════════

β €βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½β € {β €art shopβ €·β €galleryβ €·β €closetβ €}β €β˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜

βˆ˜β—¦α΅’ .β‹†ο½‘Λšβ˜½β € {β €buying / questing: capricorn β €}β €β˜½Λšο½‘β‹†. α΅’β—¦βˆ˜

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/4 16:26:49 )

So to those who don't know yet, I received a drawing tablet on Christmas and I've been practicing on it during the holidays.
It takes awhile to get used to and I struggled a lot at first and had a few technical issues along the way. But I think I'm getting a hang of it now and I've been enjoying my time drawing ^^

I've drawn two artworks already although my first attempt I was in a rush to finish it on Christmas on time. So is not my best effort... My second drawing I had more time on my hands and took my time with it. I love it! But maybe I should make the colouring simple next time? I've been look on other digital art and majority of it seems like simple colouring to me so idk. But I'm pretty addicted to blending so I'll probably experiment a lot in the coming future~

There's so much I need to learn
So to other more experience digital artists if you want to give me some advice that would be nice.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/12 18:35:59 )

I really liked this one person's avi here on Voltra (diavolos) and messaged if I can practice drawing the avi.
It took me longer than I thought but I just finally finished it~
And I finally learned to make my drawings transparent lol and made the colouring fairly simple this time<3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/12 18:14:22 )

I just finished this Dtiys (Draw this in your style) challenge which took me nearly three weeks to finish
I'm not sure if I ever post any of my past dtiys here so this might be my first :3

The oc is drawn by @ibu_chuan and I've drawn some of her past dtiys before
Her art is something I always enjoy drawing. is just too damn adorable

I took way too much time colouring her hair which I love how it turn out but then I slightly gave up with the rest lmao xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/23 00:39:30 )

What I'm currently working on at the moment.
I'm really happy of how the line art turn out so might as well post it here :3

Not my original character. I do love to draw avatars on dress up games besides voltra avis for practice.

I found that working on a grey backgrounds is a lot easier when I colour. So I don't miss any spots ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 17:20:28 )

I've made some progress!
But is not much lol, honestly I was spacing out a lot xD

Art Dump β˜† Avatar Gallery β˜† Quest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.