Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts A little nook of my own... Page 40 prize- sketch

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/29 19:59:09 )
Man or woman... It doesn't matter! One of Strength.. And nobility...

@PoeticTorment: Oh whoop! I gotta get better at coming on more frequently x.x;;

ohhhh the yoga thing is a great idea :0
I used to look up workout routines on youtube and follow along. Maybe I can find something there to start doing in the house *u*

Did any of your sample teas come in?
I've yet to look at any tea on amazon x.x;;

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/30 02:02:03 )
@Keo: Lol No worries, just happy to hear from ya when ya got the time. XD

They had a few ones that I had done. Like: Yoga with Adriene or Madfit.
So I'm sure you'd find one you'd like. I know the stress relief and the back pain one did wonders. *^*

Nope! Couldn't order any atm. :/ I told him I'd wait a bit for the stuff I want since we had bills and such.
But he also didn't do anything for our anniversary yesterday so I might be able to pout for it if it's all I get. XD
I also had to use my birthday money last week for house stuff so he already owes me! lmao
The small samples are the way to go if you're looking to try new brands and teas.

Edit: Also it's page 15 so you get a freebie art piece!! Got anything you'd like or should I surprise ya?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 18:07:31 )

@PoeticTorment: ;w; you'e so nice!!!

ooohhh!!! That sounds nice! I was doing some small stretches yesterday because my upper back is so tense/sore all the time x.x;;
I'm assuming it's from being on the computer/drawing ;3;
Ngl i was on amazon looking up the massage thingies that you strap to your computer chair >u>;;

oooh! I hope your able to get some samples soon then if you haven't already!!!
How have you been?

School started this week and readjusting my sleep schedule to waking up earlier than normal has got me in this zombified state >w<;;
So far so good though! and now it's not a struggle to get to sleep at night lmao

ahh! ah!! I don't know ;w;
Surprise me plz! ;0;

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 19:44:52 )
@Keo: Lol Or just realistic~ I fully understand things come up or people need time so, yeah. XD

That's why I did them! lol I probably still should but my mat has disappeared so I gotta get a new one.
Oh, those work well too! Get one that heats up too, it'll help with stiffness. (we got one lol) *^*

Not yet. We had some things that needed taken care off. But I don't mind waiting, I'm pretty used to wait at this point. lol
Pretty good, now! Everything has calmed a bit. Though we did have a surprise of a little snake sneaking in the house yesterday.
I don't do well on snakes to I had to call a friend to come over to get it. (I maaay have panicked even though it was a tiny garden snake) ;;>>
How about you?

Fully understand that! Our school started up early last month. Still not enough coffee in the world to fix the tired.
Lmao I hope it gets easier for you. I know I wish it did for me, I'm always tired. Then again, I'm the rise to rise and last to sleep. X'D

lol I had honestly started a couple of sketches started already so here's one I'm starting to switch to digital for you but since it's supposed to be "sketch" here's the sketch. ;>> I'm working on lining it and plan to color it too. *^*;

I have another one I may toss at you at random cause it was starting to look cute...
But I got a commission on Cae I need to do before I do much else. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/1 23:15:18 )

@PoeticTorment: How are yoga mats? I've never really known anyone who does yoga so I literally know nothing about it at all lmao
I'm assuming they just big pieces of squishy foam '3'

oh ho ho! I was looking at the heated ones >:3
If I end up buying one i see myself having to hide it from the rest of my family xD
What brand did you go with if you recall? Are they worth looking into?
I've just been scouring reviews lol

omg! I don't mind snakes when they are kept as pets. But wild ones are a whole nother story lol
I'd probably be screaming and crying for help xD
Maybe even throwing my cats at it hahaha jk
Fortunately you had someone come to your rescue! :D

I've been okay! Mostly tired lol
My moms birthday is coming up and right now she's been on a rather restrictive diet, she's trying to qualify for gastric bypass surgery so the foods she can and cannot eat are so very regimented x.x;;
I've been brainstorming and researching like crazy to figure out how to make a cake she can eat. Whiiiiiich has been a fantastical challenge! ;w;
I've pretty much narrowed down my ingredients and am hoping to Frankenstein the cake together this Thursday >w<;;

Been drinking 2 HUUUUGE cups of coffee a day, tbh I just brew 1/2 pot and drink all of that.
Hahaha!!! I've always been a late riser and a night owl. Shifting a sleeping habit I've kept my entire adult life has been left me in a constant state of exhaustion

EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! SHES LOOKS SO CUTE!!! ;0;
That mischievous little face! *0*
-is super excited-
Take your time! :>

Awww Cae ;w; I miss it there

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/2 05:16:44 )
@Keo: There are a few different types, ones basically a towel with grippers at the bottom. My original mat was a plastic-type fabric with a bit of sponge batting in it. I prefer the 1 inch foam mats. The thicker the mat, the harder it is to keep a pose. So if you want to make the workout harder were it's great for weight loss, get a thick mat. Want it to be easy and just help relax muscles and stretch, get a thinner one.

Lmao Of course! I'm sure you'll need too.
I dunno the band atm. I'll have to check in the morning cause it's stashed. XD
It's okay, it was a way cheap one so not the best quality but it works.

I had a traumatic experience as a child with a pet snake so I can't handle snakes well. If I have a shovel, I can handle it but there was no way to get one without it disappearing so... ;;>> I didn't scream or cry but I was full-on shaking. XD Yeah, I was lucky there!

Oh, well I hope she has a great birthday. It sucks she can't eat many foods but hopefully it'll let her get the surgery faster.
I wish ya luck on the cake! I'm sure you'll make something good.

Lmao I do 1/2 pot too. And wow... We're alike on the sleep habits too. *^*;
I had to make huge changes since my kiddo started school last year. I'm thankful it's a bit easier this year.
I feel ya there. It does get easier the longer you go though.

I couldn't help but think she'd be squealing so I tried to pull that look off.
I'm glad you like it! I'll have too, honestly. XD
It's gone pretty much dead lately... They won't be doing DIs monthly anymore either until the new code is done.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 15:11:38 )

@PoeticTorment: oohhh i didnt know that! Thanks :D

I was looking at like a 70$ one. I don't want to go over 100$
Typing it out kinda makes me sweat lmao thats a lot of moniez xD

Aw im sorry to hear that :<
You're braver than I am. I would have screeched until someone saved me haha

I just i hope i make something edible lmao!!!
I still have to go out shopping to get the ingrediants for it. Probably wont be able to do that until school is over. Or maybe if im quick enough i can do it during lunch/recess.

Whoo night owls for life! Hahaha just kidding!
Im hoping it gets easier!!! Im sure it does but right now it doesn't feel like it lmao

I think squealing suits her character! :0

Oof thats painful ;m;
The DIs were always so pretty.
At least the code is finally being updated. Hopefully the site will run smoother once its complete and the invos will load at a decent speed.
Tbf when I still was there, it only seemed like there were about 2-3 people online to chat to at any time. Im not completely surprised the flow of the forums have dried up. Even though hearing about it fills me with sadness. :c

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 19:23:36 )
@Keo: Yeah, it takes doing yoga for years to figure it out cause most won't tell ya. lol

Ours is the Dr. Scholl's brand for like $30 so we got way cheap end so anything over $50 would be a better version. XD

It happens. *^*; And I learned the hard way to deal with stuff like this quickly on my own until help can get here.

Yeah, but hopefully you do and it's great! Just doing your best will make her happy, more than likely.

Lol It's definitely hard to quit being a night owl, that's for sure. But it does! (Thankfully)

Then I did good cause I 100% guessed on that! XD

Yep... The code they were supposed to have almost done has vanished so a lot of issues are going on atm.
Like it seems a lot are feeling bitter about it and a huge chunk of the staff have quit... *^*;
Thankfully, there's a few staff that are sticking with it and doing DIs or items on their own time for Cae.
I'm just not sure how long they'll manage, honestly... Like it feels like it may end up dying. (Hoping I'm wrong)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 20:31:49 )

@PoeticTorment: oh whoop haha
Maybe I'm looking at to high a price range then xD

Strong independent womaaaann!!!!
I am a fraidy cat lmao

I really do miss my late nights! ;w;
Hopefully sooner than later xP

It was a very good guess!

That's a yikes from me :<
Since I was former staff there, I don't really think it's my place to get into any of it >3<;;
The reason I left, unfortunately was completely unrelated to the site at all.
I still have a really large warm love for Cae. Hearing the state it's currently in, honestly makes my heart heavy.

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 22:46:33 )
@Keo: Lol Probably! But better quality tends to come with a higher price tag.

Ehh, I don't have much choice... If I did, I'd 100% be letting someone else handle it. *^*;
It's hard not to be in situations like that.

Right? Late nights tend to be rather relaxing...

Yeah, it was startling that's for sure. I only did artwork for a bit but had to quit since I couldn't keep up with the tight schedule.
I didn't really see the behind the scenes so I have no real input. I'm just gonna stick around and hope they manage.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:01:29 )

@PoeticTorment: I honestly was looking at average customer reviews lol
So That i could buy one that had a good amount of people saying it was a good purchase :0
I thought the average price for those guys were around 70 xD

No one bothers you or asks you for anything when its late at night
Time alone to just do you is so nice ;w;

oof the schedules were pretty rough, I don't miss the deadlines lol. Though I do miss artisan work ;3;
Picking out colors for stuff was really fun >n<
I really hope it stays around! It really is a nice place and I loved the userbase ;m;

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/3 23:30:32 )
@Keo: Lol My hubs got this one, from walmart. So I hadn't had a chance to research it.
Even my hubs says this one is "okay". It just has too much hard plastic in it, which makes it difficult to use it for very long.
They have cheaper ones but the quality is lower. *^*;

Yeah... I still do late-nights sometimes just for that reason...
Alone time is rare. *^*

Lol Yeah... The deadlines weren't really the issue for me, it was having to change so much detail in my artwork when I was 100% doing what I could at the time while still trying to do everything I needed to here and still figuring out the being a mom thing at the same time. *^*;; It was just too stressful for me at that time. I know I had a lot to learn artwise so it was nice they tried to help me advance but doing it on a crunch wasn't possible for me. X'D Same here! There's still been some new users so I'm hoping it picks up some.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 02:34:04 )

@PoeticTorment: I fall asleep as soon as my head hits a pillow x.x;;
If i sit on the couch to long and get comfy I pass out lmao

Ah! You were working as an artist creating items then???
I just "color fixed" items. I didn't make any items while on staff ^^;
The deadlines weren't awful but they could have been better, the artisan team was always small when I was there.
awww!!! I get that too! I left just around the time Phoenix was born xD
New momhood is tiring enough lol

How has your day been??

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 04:53:50 )
@Keo: I wish I did that! It takes me forever to fall asleep. =^=;

Nope, not the items themselves. I did art like comics for Ward's Mystery event and the drawing showing the DIs for a bit.
I didn't stick around for more than a few months. *^*; Yeah, it really is. I was dealing with postpartum depression too so it was a huge struggle.
I couldn't keep up with what they wanted. XD

It's been okay! I had most of the housework done then made a new pie recipe cause my hubs wanted plumcot pie and I couldn't find a recipe he'd like... I ended up doing the filling like I would apple pie. (With pumpkin type spices but rich/sweet like pecan pie) X'D

How about you??

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 15:55:21 )

@PoeticTorment: it's only since I've been waking up super early that i fall asleep easily.
Beforehand it'd take me hours to fall asleep x.x;

Ohhhhh!!! Okay! Ngl that sounds kinda fun though!
Awww I completely understand. Postpartum is no joke!

Ooooohhhh!!! How did your pie turnout??

Ahh nothing to crazy. Trying to get used to the whole online school. Its been challenging ;w;

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 16:25:16 )
@Keo: I've never gone to sleep easily so I'd love to somehow manage that one day. XD

It was when I had the time and freedom to do it. XD I still have the folder of all the caedon work I did. I really wish I had finished the art for that one bot making event... I had Od almost done but still had to do Bo (I think) right when I quit.
It's really not. I had to have my family tell my doctor about it just so he'd listen so I could get medical help. *^*;

Pretty good, actually! It's way sweeter then I like but my hubs likes sweeter stuff so made it a way he'd like. (I wrote it down and adjusted the sugar ratio for an average sweet on paper though) XD

Yeah, online school is way different than regular classes. Do they break it down on what they need to do first or is it all up to you?
(The online classes I took were 100% on my time, like I had to choose what to do and when)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 17:03:55 )

@PoeticTorment: hahaha!!! I still have my folder of caedon work! And all the artwork i pumped out during the world faire last year xD
Haha we are so alike because i left halfway through a project that i really wished to see to completion ;w;

Awww thats rough :(
My nephews mother had postpartum after her first kid but never got it treated. I felt so bad for her but she just didn't want the help.

Thats nice of you!!! It depends on how sweet things are. If it makes my lips pucker from the sugar content im not going to like it xD
What is a plumcot pie btw???

Uuggghhh! I wish it could have it on my own schedule. But nope.
Its on a strict schedule. They have ipads with google teams and are on video call with a teacher majority of the day.
Parents are sent home with a schedule they have to upkeep.
The schools have us keeping the children on the same schedules at brick and mortar schooling. They're hoping by January if the pandemic dies down the kids can come back to school. So this schedule should let the kids be able to adjust to brick and mortar school easier.

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/4 17:46:43 )
@Keo: Lol Guess great minds think alike. XD

Yeah, I don't blame her honestly. There's a huge stigma with it... :/
I'm really hoping mental health gets treated better soon.

Lol It's that or I'd be stuck eating it all and I'm not really a fan of pie...
Just a fruit pie. Plumcots are one of the types of hybrid plums and apricots.
(Kind of similar to peach pie)

Oh wow... Yeah, that sucks big time. I can see why they would want it that way since it'll keep them in the schedule but that still can't be easy. *^*;

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/5 21:53:41 )

@PoeticTorment: It really is sad. The way i grew up mental health was never taken as a bad thing or big deal?
So when I watched some shows or even met people irl who was all hush-hush or never discussed medications because it was taboo my mind was completely blown!
People have no problem talking about physical issues! Diseases aren't something people can control and it works the same way for your brain ;3;
The stigma over mental health is terrible ;n;
I agree with your sentiments! I hope it gets better to

I have never heard of a plumcot and now I really want to eat one :0
Though do they taste like peaches?
That is the one fruit I just cannot stand eating x.x;;

It has been so challenging! I have my nephew whose in kindergarten and needs constant supervision. And then I have my niece whose in 2nd grade, she doesn't need as much hands-on help but still needs directions and redirections to stay on task x.x;;
She also gets upset and jealous about snack time and amount of breaks my nephew gets during the day. =n=;;
Throw a baby into the mix and it has been oodles of fun!!!! OTL
Though this past week was the first week of school though. So I'm hoping as it progresses I'll get into a decent pattern and it'll be more manageable!

Is always a prince.
I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/6 01:40:25 )
@Keo: My family never really spoke about it but it wasn't really taboo. *^*
The world just treats it unfairly.

Lol They can be pretty bitter if they aren't ripe enough.
There's a few types, like pluots are another one so might check them all out.
No, it doesn't taste like peaches at all. They'll taste like a mix of plum/apricot. Sometimes they'll taste more like one then the other.
I had one that sort of tasted like a slightly bitter watermelon that was mostly juice. XD
I prefer plums cause they are sweeter so if plums tend to be a bit too sweet going with pluots/plumcots/ect are a good way to go.

Oh goodness! And you don't have any help doing that?? That's a lot of ages to be teaching at once... You must be superwoman if you're managing that by yourself. *^*
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.