Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts A little nook of my own... Page 40 prize- sketch

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 06:36:57 )
@PoeticTorment: Yeee I've been debating buying it off of steam, that way I'm the only one who can play it xD
//I don't let anyone touch my computer :P

Awwww :< That sucks that you were so sick!
Sometimes one is all you need lol

I'm hoping in the future, I'll be able to adopt again :3
But that's neither here nor there xD
I can't handle another baby rn anyway!

Ooooh I can agree to that! When no one is home and baby is napping, the silence is most welcomed lol

awwww I miss drive-ins! I remember going often when I was a kid. It's funny how they were a dying breed and now the virus has reinvigorated the business!
Theaters can really get loud! One of my nephews couldn't handle noise very well (still has a hard time with it.) and he'd just cry anytime the theater started to darken and the previews started to play ;m;
Now that he's older he loves the movies but there are times when the noise overstimulates him and he acts out.
Hahaha! That's adorable! ;0;

Yeah I feel for all special needs people really.
My sister lives in a group home and they aren't letting them leave the house. They have been treating group homes like nursing homes. It's been pretty heartbreaking. If we want to bring her home, (we used to take her home every weekend.) we have to take care of her full time until the whole virus situation is over. Which right now it's a seemingly indefinite situation and we just don't have the space and resources to do that. Her birthday was the 7th and all my family could do was drop a cake and presents off at her front door and sing happy birthday to her while standing in the driveway. I haven't been able to touch/hug her since February. It's been really hard dealing with that tbh. ;m; I just miss her.
She also goes to ARC daily but since the virus happen they aren't allowed to go there either so she's been really bored and missing her friends as well :'/

Haha same is going on with my niece and nephews! They just miss other kids so much!
I find it rather adorable >u<

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 15:37:32 )
@Keo: Oh, that's a smart idea! XD I'm too much of a pushover, I end up sharing my pc and games cause of the puppy eyes... ;;>>

Couldn't be helped. I was warned as a young teen that it might be difficult for me cause of my odd health.
I fully agree. I wasn't actually planning on having my own but he was the best surprise. He's just too much like his dad so I know I can't handle a second kid. ;>> (I love my hubs but they both drive me crazy at times lol)
Yeah, best to wait till you feel ready for another one. XD Right? I took the day to just relax some since the other day was the first day of school because of the quiet.

Right? I was super surprised to hear they had a comeback. I had a very difficult time understanding why they closed in the first place. Drive-ins are the best. XD Yeah, and it can make it difficult to enjoy the movie. Aw... Poor kid. Glad he likes them more now. Is he autistic?

Aw... I bet the's very tough for y'all. But it's good y'all are doing what's best for her and I'm sure she'll appreciate it in the long run.
I don't blame you. That'd be difficult not too. Hopefully, all this clears up soon so it's better.

Lol I don't blame them! It's very cute... I was able to feel more relaxed knowing he wanted to be at school.
He wore himself out though. Like he curled in a ball on the couch and passed out as soon as he got home. It was too cute. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 19:14:25 )
@PoeticTorment: There are special exceptions of when I'll let the kids touch my computer.
But since the large majority of them get to excited with video games and still end up breaking controllers I just don't feel comfortable enough to let the kids touch it '3'

Awww That's cute! and hilarious xD

ooh quiet I'm sure it was much needed! Quiet relaxation sounds rather nice =u=

Why did they close in the first place tho? I've never really noticed them gone until the subject of them was brought up, I guess I just kinda accepted them gradually dying out ;3;

My family have our suspicious over it. The way he acts and thinks show some red flags of autism. We think he may have a mild form of it. But his mother refuses to get him tested :T
Which is super frustrating. But we do our best when he's over at our home ;m;

awww thats adorable! I'm sure he had a great first day!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/15 19:47:29 )
@Keo: Ah, I don't blame you there! Replacing them can cost quite a bit. I just sit and watch mine but he tries to be super careful. XD

Lol You're not the first to tell me that. "Mini Mes" XD
Yep!! I hadn't had a quiet day in months so I was really needing it. ;>>

I'm not really sure! We used to go fairly often to the ones that had been in our area. I know one had to do new speaker systems and couldn't afford it. Then the other one wanted to try to update with the new 3d stuff around the time I moved and hadn't heard what happened to it. Maybe the cost was too much to update compared to the indoor ones?

I hope she changes her mind. Getting him tested can lead to the help he'll need later down the line.
My kiddo is autistic so the speech and such has really helped him grow. He gets less frustrated and it's easier for him to work around it now.
He was mostly non-verbal last year and has taken lots of leaps and bounds advancing where he needed help. Thankfully he has no issues reading.

It was very cute. He wouldn't let go of the remote so I couldn't change the tv though. X'D
He did! He was so happy to have his friends back. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/16 04:54:44 )
@PoeticTorment: The few times I let the kids touch my computer I'm watching them like a hawk xD

I'm unsure! There was only 1 from where I grew up as a kid and I remember it being a bit of a drive. When I moved there wasn't any nearby so I guess I never gave it to much thought :Y
Maybe because the theaters kept getting fancier no one wanted to sit around in a car for like 1-2 hrs xD

That's how I view it! Identify the issue sooner so you now know what to do to help!
My nephew seems to be overly sensitive to sounds/lights. He has really selective hearing and can get lost in whatever activity he's doing? Like tunnel-visioned.

Aw that's fantastic for your kiddo! I'm sure it's relieving to see him advance so quickly!

Awww That's really cute to! ;0;

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/16 18:38:00 )
@Keo: Right? XD I had tried not being so hovering once and kiddo almost ordered a few toys...
I now make sure the internet is off when he plays so I can leave the room at least for a sec. lmao

Could be! I preferred the drive-ins cause it was comfier but not many think my way. ( Aka I wore pjs >> )

Right?! It makes a huge difference when it's earlier.
Yeah, that sounds like my kiddo... We've learned to make sure he sees us when we're talking to him.
And we carry headphones and something to distract him for when he gets overwhelmed by the noise and sounds.
I suggest avoiding the Autism Speaks foundation since they do spread a lot of fear-mongering and general hate for those with autism so heads up if you go to research. (I had to learn this the hard way)

Yes! It really is. I put a lot of time and energy into researching and doing what I could to help. The reading programs we spent hours on. As well as multi-language programs to the point he'll say some words in those languages and surprise us. lol It makes me feel like I'm able to help him when before I had felt pretty lost. Feeling like a failure as a mother is heartbreaking so making sure he was tested so he could get the help he needed was a huge weight off my shoulders.

It was so cute I had to do a photo for my mom. Kiddo normally poses super silly when I try to take a photo so it was nice to have a cute one. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/16 21:29:35 )
Man or woman... It doesn't matter! One of Strenth.. And nobility...
@PoeticTorment: haha! I guess kids do that often! That's one of the reasons we don't let the kids talk to alexa xD
We have some amazon echos and said they could listen to music and all of a sudden our prime account was getting charged for random things!

:0 i never knew that about autism speaks! God that's awful!

Yea we learned gentle talking and redirections help him a lot :3

Awwww but hes doing good from the sound of it! Gosh the feeling of failure of a mother must be universal because there are sometimes with my son where he isn't where he should be and I stressed all guides and ways to get him there and he doesn't seem to respond x.x;;
Its a hopeless feeling of being helpless :(
But it sounds like you did everything in your power to get your LO where he needs to be! And hes doing great for it! :D

Awwww!!!! How cute!!! ;0;
Lmao that must be a kid thing xD i swear they all sleep like crumpled up pieces of paper haha

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/16 21:53:05 )
@Keo: Lmao We don't have alexa or echo... *^*; Kinda glad we don't now. That'd kill me. XD
I was just surprised he had managed to go through a few pages and pick stuff he wanted out! Thankfully I hadn't done auto-fill or it'd been reallly bad cause tight budget = overdraft fee. *^*

I hadn't either... They had explained it like it's a contagious disease. It really tore up my heart reading through some of what they posted. I thought they'd really help but it's not like I had thought at all... I found the disabled community dispises them cause of how they act. :/

That's good! That tends to be the biggest help for most. That and if it gets to be too much, letting them leave the situation and see what they want to do.

Yep. *^* It really is. "For the good moms anyway!", as I've been told by a little old lady. She had told me, that the ones who care the most feel like they fail the most so just sticking with is the best thing to do and stay brave. I tried, at least! It was thanks to all the helping hands that got us grounded and the support we needed to keep going. ^^

Right? XD It's adorable... Lmao Sleeping like crumbled pieces of paper has got to be the BEST way I have ever heard to explain how kids sleep. X'D

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 00:27:17 )

@PoeticTorment: We have notifications set up on our prime account, so if anything is ordered we get notified. We were luckily able to catch it early enough to cancel the orders and get refunded rather quickly. But if any account ended up in the red, I probably would have been seeing red lmao
I'm typically really on-top of my monies and budget accordingly. I think only 1 time I managed to get overdrafted and I literally cried. Damn like if you see I don't have money why charge me more money for being broke x.x;;

That's honestly so sad :<
I'm surprised that they still have such a big name if the actual community they "represent" abhor them so much!

That's smart! We typically let him chill in a quiet area to calm down for talking to him. Luckily he's never really had any kind of speech problems.

Oh gosh that's so endearing ;3; I need that embroidered on a pillow lmao
Big shout out to all the helping hands! It's nice to feel not all alone when dealing with issues regarding your kids ;w;

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 00:55:08 )
@Keo: Lol That's smart. Yeah, I budget too but we end up with stuff we have to get for repairs on the house so all the fun stuff has to wait for birthdays or christmas. Right? XD

It's because of all the business people... It's really hard for me to explain but I sent something over that explains it better. *^*;;

That's great. Sounds like y'all have a really good handle on helping him when he needs it! And it's great he didn't have speech issues.
I feel like verbal issues were the most frustrating part. Cause he'd get so frustrated trying to explain what he wants or needs and not being able too. (And it's frustrating not being able to understand what your child is trying to say..)

Right? She had made me cry cause of it. (I didn't even get to ask her name either...)
Lmao I would... Or a wooden plaque. XD
Yep! I gave all of them gifts and such as "thank yous" cause they went above and beyond what they had to help with.
I made sure they knew how much I appreciated their help. <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/17 21:33:54 )

@PoeticTorment: Well that just makes birthdays and Christmas that much more special! :D

Thanks for the information :>

>w< we try our best!

Such a sweet lady ;0;
Ohhh a wooden plaque sounds nice to xD
That's so sweet of you! :0

How was your weekend? *w*

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 00:28:25 )
@Keo: That's true! But my wishlist keeps growing though... XD

Not a problem. *^*
That's the best thing to do!!

Yeah, she really was.
Lol I just have a lot of wall space which is why I thought of it. ;>>

I just wanted to show how I appreciated it...
It was mostly hand made stuffs so it wasn't much really. *^*;

It was okay! We got a lot done, though I overworked and bruised my legs all up. XD
And hubs was able to have some "breathing room" so I'm hopin' he'll feel a bit better.
And of course, kiddo made huuuge messes for me to clean up and also left cute doodles for me all over the floor. (chalk on hardwood so not hard to clean) lol How about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 03:05:32 )

@PoeticTorment: Hahaha! I feel you on that xD
I try to stay off of wish/amazon to make sure I'm not window shopping. I got hungry eyes and want everything *u*

I like throw pillows! My walls are made of cement and concrete boards, yay florida brick houses xD
and trying to hang up anything is such a project x.x;;

I think handmade gifts are much more personal showing of endearment and thanks than store bought stuff >w<

Oh no! Are your legs ok? :0

Awww it'll be hard at first. Grief has no time limits but slowly, day-by-day it'll get easier to accept.

At least it was chalk on the floors! were the doodles cute tho?
Baaah it was crazy lol
My brother had all 4 kids here. so all of them and a baby made for a very hectic time. Lots of rain and thunder so we couldn't even throw the kids outside for any period of time haha
Spent Saturday doing some cleaning around the house but overall it was kinda uneventful =u=;;

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 20:21:39 )
@Keo: Lol It's hard not too. There's so many cool stuffs... *^*;

Ah, yeah. Pillows would be better in that situation!
Mines an old victorian so we're switching the plaster of paris with drywall cause I like wall pretties... ;>>

Well I can hope so! Not everyone thinks that way but I do know they seemed to like them.

Yep! I just bruise pretty easy, don't hurt much at all unless I bump them. XD I'm just thankful I didn't hurt my knee worse.

I know. I'm doing my best to let him grieve the way he needs too. I also made sure he knows I'm here if he wants to talk. He has been acting like he's feeling a bit better now but he might just be trying to stay strong.

Yeah, and not paints or something. He kept telling me they were "butts" when I asked him so I dunno...

Ah, oh no! That sounds tough. Did it calm down a bit now?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 23:12:49 )

@PoeticTorment: I miss drywall ;w;
So easy to hang things on that! Plaster of Paris, sounds familiar but I'm unsure the texture of quality of that type of wall lol

Well at least your not to hurt '3'

That's kinda cute lol
Maybe a touch frustrating

Yep everything is calm for the week >w<
This week I only have to babysit one nephew. Every other week is my nephew and niece and on the weekends it's all 4 kids xD
So its calm to crazy to calm again lol

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 00:38:16 )
@Keo: Yeah, it's much easier to deal with. XD
I mixed up the names... oops..
Plaster of Paris is what the fancy decorations are made if. It feels like clay or dough.
What we had was actually called horsehair plaster... *^*;
Horsehair plaster is a sandy, clumpy mixture that you force into lath boards on the wall.
It really sticks so in most cases just patching the walls to fix it is what most do but we cleared it and switched over...
Not my image but this is what the lath boards/plaster look like and what the mess looks like after you tear it off-

And that's what we had originally dealt with the past few years. lmao Thank goodness that's over.

Yep, I'm good~ XD
Lol It was silly, that's for sure. *^*
I've gotten to the point if it's not a hard mess, I don't worry about it. lol

Lol Well, at least it's calm for now. (I hope they don't give you too much trouble)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 19:00:05 )
Man or woman... It doesn't matter! One of Strength.. And nobility...

@PoeticTorment: oh goodness! That seems like a lot of work to deal with x.x;;
Drywall for the win lmao
I've never heard of horsehair plaster :0 what a peculiar name! wonder if they used to use actual horsehair with it '3'

The kids aren't to much trouble its just having 5 kids in 1 house xD
not enough places to hide!

How has your day been? :D

Is always a prince.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 19:23:03 )
@Keo: Yeah, it tends to make a huge mess. Lmao Right?
Yes, yes it does! (Or other animal hair.) The plaster without hair has to be tested as it's newer and could possibly have asbestos in it so we at least didn't have to deal with that. Like this house was one of the very first homes built during the dustbowl in out area. (It's so historic we could register it type deal) XD

Lmao Oh, yeah. I'm sure!
That's true! I don't know how you manage it.
I have to hid just to get one small snack with one kid around...
5 would mean not getting even a bite. XD

It's been a long day already, honestly. I had trouble sleeping but had to get up super early.
Almost damaged my kiddos favorite toothbrush cause I absent-mindedly dropped it in the sink full of water. (Electronic toothbrush)
Dropped my heavy-duty scissors on my foot so I have two small cuts now. (Nothing serious thank goodness)
Smashed my foot into the door cause I tripped... It's like a really bad luck day. *^*;;
So I decided, I'll take my time cleaning and goof off online and doodle some. ;>>

How about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 20:24:08 )
Man or woman... It doesn't matter! One of Strength.. And nobility...

@PoeticTorment: Oh wow that's crazy! I can't imagine having animal fur coating my walls lmao
I guess it makes a great insulation tho! :0
That really cool! I like older homes, I think a good majority of them are charming ^^
Though some updating wouldn't hurt them either xD

I think my home is rather "new" it was built in the 60s lol
When we redid the kitchen we found a signature of the original kitchen maker/builder behind one of the cabinets along with the date!
It was really cute!

uuuggghhhh snacks for adults is just such a big process because snacks for you mean snack for everyone hahaha
"Hey Auntie Keo... whatcha eating???? I want some!!!" TT^TT The little voices still ring in my ears every time I hear the rustle of a chip bag lmao
I luckily have a baby and when he naps I get to kick everyone out of my room while he's sleeping xD

oh gosh! your day sounds frustrating!
Did you cut and smash the same foot? D:
Relaxation sounds about right lol

blehhh I had some sleep troubles to! Tried to get the LO to sleep early. managed to get 3 hours in before he woke up and wanted to stay awake xD I couldn't get him to sleep until like 2:30-3am. Which was fun x.x;;
Made some breakfast, tended to my nephew. Did some minimal cleaning. Nothing really exciting ha
The baby fell asleep so I jumped into the shower! which was ever so lovely =u=

Is always a prince.
I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:59:51 )
@Keo: Lol I think it was because it was an insulator that they used it. Plus hair deteriorates really slow so there are reasons for it atleast.
Yeah, I agree there. I'd still like a newer house that doesn't need a lot of tlc. *^*;;

That's not bad at all. There are a lot of really cute house designs from the 60s.
That is super cute! (And a great find)

That it is! Cause if you don't have enough you go empty-handed.
Lmao At least until he gets bigger, then the puppy eyes...

Yeah, has been so far. I'm hoping it all calm down soon and I can really relax cause it's starting to stress me out. ;;>>
That's right... How'd you guess that? Like I hit it right after dropping the scissors right on the same spot.
Every time I try to do something I end up dropping something so it's probably for the better at this point.

Hectic nights still then? Ten to one, he'll switch over to sleeping a lot during his growth spurts and back again. XD
(Never did get used to my kiddo sleeping the night through. I still sneak in and check on him) lol
Sounds pretty calm at least! It's always great to sneak in a shower.
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.