Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/10 23:49:32 )
@Totalanimefan: hello!
@Alorrena: hi!

I am doing pretty okay. Could be better, could be worse. So doin' alright. :d
Life was a mess this last year and I think things have calmed down enough where I can finally enjoy some time on Voltra.

I glanced and saw Idaho was in your convo- lol, I just left Idaho a couple weeks ago. CX

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/11 12:22:03 )
@Koah: I'm glad things have calmed down for you!
Yeah, i grew up in Boise. my mom's side of the family still lives there, save for most of my cousins.

Speaking of my mom, The other day she decided she would buy me a cheap used car to get me from point a to point b. so that's pretty exciting for me, especially since right now there's no feasible way for me to pay for it myself. Right now i have my eye on an 07 impala. i'm hoping i will hear back from the person today or tomorrow about it.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/11 15:43:33 )

@Alorrena: I have like small boxes full of random things that don’t have a home but in that box lol

She should go house sit for them this week. Get out of your hair. I lived in a place that was dry and almost never rained. I really missed the rain. But I have also lived in a place where it rained daily and that was just too much (not FL, it was in England) FL has a good amount but it’s not too much in my opinion.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/11 15:44:20 )

@Koah: oh did you move recently? What have you been up to outside of Voltra?

Voltie — Z/They Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/12 00:49:53 )
@Totalanimefan: im okay atm. Usual i stay distracted n' lose track of time. How are ya, n' is he getting better?
@Alorrena: wish I had your work ethic lol

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/12 13:27:42 )

@DreamerZ: my dad is getting a little better. He’s at home now. But still coughing and still needs oxygen to breathe. He can walk a bit around the house. So improving but not back to normal.

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/12 18:02:05 )
@Alorrena: some of my family is in teton valley area in Idaho. So waaay down on that Wyoming border. Lol. :) i love it out there but hate the politics and wealthy .... Folk.
That sounds really nice of your mom to do for you. :3

@Totalanimefan: i didn't move, well kind of didn't. I left my house in oregon and moved in with my mom for nearly a year.
My husband chose a bad time to switch career plans which was very shortly after we had a baby. He was never home and i got super overwhelmed with my dog dying and fussy baby and older kids n stuff. So i left for a bit to get my mom's support. I ended up getting back into working which felt great. I've been a stay at home mom since the pandemic started.
Anyhow- im back in my house in Oregon now. Half-ass looking for a job and doing a bunch of home repairs with the money i saved up. Im almost out of money so! I gotta get my butt back to work soon ish.

How've you been?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/13 16:18:28 )

@Koah: wow that does sound really busy. I hope you have been ok through all that.

I can’t remember what I told you and what I didn’t. I’ve been very stressed lately. Moved into a new house that is a new build so it was delayed like 9 months. Finally moved in and then my dad went into the hospital. Wasn’t serious at first and then it was very serious so my sister and I had to make an emergency trip down to FL for a week.

Then my mom stayed over for her birthday (my parents are divorced), then I took a trip to NYC which was a lot of fun.

My dad isn’t on his death bed anymore but he’s still not fully recovered either. He has to be on oxygen 100% of the time. Im still kinda worried about him but there is nothing I can do from 1,000 miles away. (Which is ok cause he has a new wife that’s a nurse and we are going to visit in Oct)

The house still has some things that need fixing and I’ve been trying my hardest to relax but it’s very hard. I’m starting to feel the stress physically too

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/15 19:53:52 )

Qiqi Agatha:
[font=monospace][color=teal]Has it finally cool down in your area? That's crazy 90 degrees in September for your area.

I thought that I would reply here.

Yeah it's much cooler now. High of only 78 today and it feels very cool out. [/color]
[/font]

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/16 20:12:43 )
Hi @Totalanimefan: and ok. That's not too bad, but it's still very Summery. It seems like Fall will be taking her time, depending on where some of live

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 01:21:57 )

@Qiqi Agatha: you are in CA right? When I lived there it wasn’t fall until the rainy season. Which was either Oct or Nov depending on the year.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 03:41:50 )
looking for a cheap car is super annoying. i forgot just how many scammers there were trying to sell fake cars. Super frustrating. Yesterday i went to orlando to check out a car, which ended up being too small (i'm short and could barely fit my legs under the steering wheel with the seat put all the way back, there was no way Tyi was going to fit cause he's nearly a foot taller than me), so then i walked around and found out that the used car lots here were kinda scammy. either their cars were over priced, or they were in what looked like bad accidents and were repaired. (which is always sketchy.) I'm probably going to just stick to facebook marketplace for now, honestly. Probably will have better luck.

@Totalanimefan: i wish she would, honestly. Last night she spent the night there because she was babysitting my nephew and he fell asleep before she was ready to go and she didn't want to wake him. Of course, that was the night i went to bed at a decent time, go figure. She's back home tonight though. I think Tyi and i are just going to try to save up to move asap, but i need a job first so we can afford it. And I really hate job hunting. Doesn't help that i don't know what i want to do, but i know i don't want to do call center stuff. I might convince Tyi to get a job transcribing since there's a few sited that you can go on and there's no interview, you just have to have a certain wpm. I'm a relatively slow typer compared to him, which is why i don't do it.

I've been talking to my sister quite a bit lately, which is nice, but it's definitely made my "stick up for the little guy" instincts kick into overdrive because my step mom (sister's mom) has been unreasonable to Sam lately for various petty reasons. It's my unprofessional but definitely most probably opinion that she's a narcissist. It's a lot of drama there, but i'm literally the only one in the family sam can talk to about a lot of it because of how my step mom is.

@DreamerZ: what work ethic? lol I just had to do those things so my MIL didn't complain ( she did anyways)

@Koah: oh okay! gotcha. Yeah, i definitely get what you mean. Its definitely politically charged up there, and people tend to be obnoxious/rude/ridiculous when they have money,

Yeah, it is pretty nice of her. She's pretty awesome. I'm Very lucky to have her as my mom, that's for sure. (i know a lot of moms are fantastic, but the other "mom" figures i have (MIL and stepmom) are in my opinion not the best and make me appreciate mine so much more, even if they do have their "great" moments, but that's a whole other thing lol)

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 04:38:02 )

@Alorrena: it’s just impossible to find a good car that’s well priced right now. Between the pandemic and the hurricane flooding, there are just no cars left it feels like. I’m glad you are good at saying no. Cause you wouldn’t want a lemon of a car.

I hope things get less stressful from you soon.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 06:14:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's difficult. I'm not even really looking for anything that good either. Like my minimum requirements are that i and my husband fit comfortably, it hasn't been in an accident, it has decent mpg (18 city 22 highway, at least), and the mileage on it is at least 20k under what the car usually lasts for. Tyi requests an aux port or bluetooth, and preferably not a minivan, but he's getting more lax on the minivan thing. Right now there's a couple jeeps that i have my eye on, but we will see if they work out. Other than that i'm just keeping an eye on what's available on FB marketplace.

I hope they get less stressful too. i think they will be once i get a car. I know being able to leave the house whenever will be super nice for my mental health too.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 14:49:31 )

@Alorrena: I think that Jeeps aren’t that safe in accidents. I would research that before you get one.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 19:08:32 )
@Totalanimefan: I know that they tip easily, but i don't think it's ALL jeeps, just the taller ones. My mom also had one, and while it felt tall, it didn't feel like it would tip with every corner like wranglers do. Also i don't know if either of the people selling the jeeps are going to respond, we will see. But i do have feelers out for a minivan and an HHR (which is an suv i guess) and both of them responded to me this morning, i'm just hoping the minivan will send me the VIN so i can look it up because Tyi said he'd prefer the minivan over the HHR, but i think that's because the minivan is roomier.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 21:30:44 )

@Alorrena: yeah that’s a good point. I just want you to be safe ❤️

A friend of mine had an HHR and they liked it a lot.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/17 23:09:05 )
@Totalanimefan: I appreciate it! Honestly, i don't think we're getting anywhere with either of the jeeps. The minivan guy messaged me back, but idk if it was a language barrier or not, but he seemed a little off. Like he didn't answer my questions straightforwardly and kinda answered without saying yes or no when i asked if he had the title. I haven't talked to the guy with the HHR yet other than to get the VIN, and that was this morning. i'm wondering if its cause he went to work or if he just got busy because he hasn't seen my response. Do you know if the HHR is fairly roomy or not?
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/18 19:46:08 )
Yes, I do @Totalanimefan: live in Southern Cali. However, the weather has been really strange here this week. It's a bit concerning
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/09/18 20:07:52 )

@Alorrena: it was roomy enough for my friend but I know you said your husband was pretty tall. You might have to try it out for yourselves.

@Qiqi Agatha: what’s the weather like now? We have super nice weather this week.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.