Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 20:53:05 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Cooking is not my favorite but I do like saving money so that's my motivation lol. I try to do a lot of one pot or one pan dinners so that there are less dishes to clean. Dishes are the worst lol
I'm sorry to hear about your fiancee. How long have had the covid complications?

I used to have an instant pot. I actually had two in the past because every time I moved the movers broke it. I don't have one atm because I don't feel like buying one again.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 20:53:25 )

If you ever need ideas for the IP, Wildfire uses it a lot and she could teach you some recipes. ^^

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 23:05:10 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: So. CALLED IT
Got Snap for my Bday, lol.
You got any tips?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 23:16:46 )

@Amber Lynne: Yay congrats! And happy birthday!
Watch YouTube videos on how to do it lol. Reply the courses over and over. Play each course twice in a row at least. Maybe more if you feel like you missed out on a shot.
I like his Snap videos AustinJohnPlays

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 23:28:58 )

@Totalanimefan: Duly noted~
Also, trade?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/06/30 23:55:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah, ok! That makes a lot of sense lol. I'm horrific at double and triple-checking my posts for improper grammar and such.

@ArsenicAttitude: Hey there! Welcome to Voltra. And if you've been here a while and I'm just an idiot, I apologize lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 00:05:05 )
@totalanimefan:
I definitely see a difference in my pockets from cooking more lol.
Plus whenever we do takeout now, I'm usually like nah ill just cook or this doesn't seem as appetizing as it usually does lol.
The covid complications have been about a month or so. We initially got over covid fine and it was moderate for us especially since they have asthma and some mild heart issues. But one day they were just playing video games and their face started to droop, had trouble walking, and was stuttering super bad. Per the neurologist, it wasn't a stroke so who really knows what it is. They're still looking into what happened and there's some more testing to do as well.

I really need to use the instapot more. Idk I'm scared of it because I've heard of so many horror stories about it XD. But each time I use it I get a little more comfortable with it. I don't think I could have two of them I don't cook that much lol.

Oh and the jambalaya was really good!

@sorrowthemad:
Hello and thank you!
I've been here for like two weeks now I think so still quite new lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 00:14:37 )

@Amber Lynne: Yeah, read the title of the trade lol

@SorrowTheMad: It's cool. I check it a lot because sometimes in the past I would write like could instead of couldn't and obvs that would change the entire meaning of what I said lol. So now I'm a checker. How was your day today? ^^

@ArsenicAttitude: Oh my gosh that must have been so scary! I would have freaked out if I saw that happen to my husband. Good that it wasn't a stroke, but now you don't really know what it is yet. How are you taking it? It must be hard for you. Everyone always thinking about how hard it is for the person going through it but never the caretaker or the partner.
I haven't heard any horror stories with it, but with the old fashioned pressure cookers I have! Those are super scary. I think you don't have to worry with the IP as long as it's not dented anywhere. Oh that's good news. ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 00:23:34 )
@totalanimefan:
It was definitely scary!
Like my fiancee has had health scares in the past but nothing like this so I was really worried.
It was rough the first few weeks cause I went on a paid leave, we had therapists and nurses come in like everyday for appts, and I was doing pretty much everything except driving (cause I don't have my license just yet ><)
Honestly, I've been doing better than I expected with all of this lol. I did have a small bout of depression because I felt like it was my fault that they got covid. There was an outbreak at my job and my job handled it horribly basically. I've since left and will be starting a new job next month. I also feel bad cause I can't drive and have had to rely on friends/lyft to get us places. I have a lesson next month though so there's that at least.

I've heard of the steam from the pot setting houses on fire or people getting the steam in their faces. I feel like most of the horror stories I've heard were user error though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 00:26:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: Ahhh, the 'judge call in your favour'. Satisfying. As. EFF.

@totalanimefan: Can it? Huh, wonder why they're making a big deal outta it...

And geez. that just royally sucks. I hope you and your pooch were okay when you went out for said walk.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 01:03:30 )
@ArsenicAttitude: Ah, ok! Well, still then, welcome to the best :) The people here are great.

@Totalanimefan: Makes perfect sense. I've been sick today, think I got a cold on Monday. Long story short I got soaked from the rain and didn't have a change of clothes. But I'll live :) How about you?

@Colin: Yeah, at least my opponent realized he was a dumbass about it. You have to pop the Ranger Captain in response to the trigger, not after the trigger starts to resolve. I think it's just been a long time since we've all had a big real life tournament and so he wasn't thinking about it. Can't say I'm perfect at remembering stuff like that either. And I ended up losing 2-1 so it didn't matter much.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 01:08:50 )
@sorrowthemad:
Thank you!
^^
I am liking it here so far.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 01:21:28 )
@ArsenicAttitude: Glad to hear it! This place is pretty cool tbh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 01:22:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Fair enough. And Suspend can be a little confusing if you don't know how it stacks and triggers right. I've seen a number of people mess up responses to a suspended spell.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 01:54:08 )
@Colin: Yeah, it can definitely be confusing. I know I screwed it up a time or two when I was on Jund with BBE, so I can't blame people for not 100% understanding the mechanic. I kind of really want to build a Cascade deck, with BBE and Throes of Chaos as the top end. I have no idea what random spells I'm going to put for the low end though, maybe just Ancestral Vision or something. Or that red Suspend card from MH2 lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 02:02:53 )
@sorrowthemad:
It really is!
^^
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Voltie — she/they Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 02:03:18 )

Heyo, how's everyone this evening?

~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 02:16:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Cascade can either be broken, or flop. But I love the mechanic. I love the legendary creature that gives all spells that have cascade cascade. So you cascade until you stop... and then do it again! Because!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 02:31:53 )

@ArsenicAttitude: Yeah that's super scary! And I'm sure you don't anymore, but don't blame yourself. You where doing the best you could. It's not your fault your workplace doesn't give a fuck.
Oh yeah, I've heard of the steam hurting people's hands. But you could just release the pressure with a rag or a glove on. ^^;

@Colin: Yeah so much for catching lots of mons when it's 4x exp. XD

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah but colds still suck! I hate not being able to breathe out of my nose! And food doesn't taste good either. XD Did you stay home from work?

@Lilykin: Hey I'm good. I'm think about going back to school.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/1 02:36:11 )

@Totalanimefan: I admit, I didn't even load it up to see. Lol.
But that was so not expected or even necessary. Thank you~<3
you're too sweet.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.