Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Frosted Sprouts

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 04:53:25 )

Callie look toward the entrance before nodding.

"That's... one way to put it." She commented. "But... at least we're safe and dry in here."

"As are the poofs in my quiver." She added, motioning to the strapped carrying device.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 05:26:30 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym looked at the quiver, and smirked.

"Yes, they like enclosed spaces like that." he said.

"...right." he then muttered.

"I'm going to see if there's anything right close that can help us." he told her.

"We're obviously going to be bunkered up in this cave for the night, if you want to change into your nighttime wear, now might be the time to." he suggested, before getting up.

"I'll be back in 5 minutes." he finished, before heading off, outside.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 05:36:59 )

Callie nodded before sighing after he'd left. She wasn't going to linger, since she knew he was right - this really would be the best time to get changed.

Quickly, she slipped into the right clothing, before sitting down again, her back against the wall of the cavern. She laid her head back against it as she tried to come to terms with what she was surrounded with, and it really wasn't easy.

For all she knew, she was heading to her death, and she knew that it was quite a possibility... and it honestly terrified her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 05:53:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was alone with her thoughts for about 3 minutes, before one of the animals came out and sniffed her again... the runty one, once more. It sniffed close to her, before slowly climbing up onto her leg.

It then got up on its hind legs, and sniffed her again.

After a few seconds of that, it went back on all fours and just... stayed there.

It looked like it was getting comfy, too.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:00:26 )

Callie was silent for a moment before sighing lightly. She looked toward the criter, not saying anything before just laying her head back. She brought a hand up to it, laying it on her leg for if the poof wanted to crawl onto it, and just sighed.

There was too much going through her head for the moment o properly pay attention to the little rodent that was crawling on her for the moment.

When Adym returned, he found her there with the critter on her hand, and her lightly stroking it with her thumb. He could see the weight on her, but knew that it was likely she wouldn't talk about it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:19:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Adym was silent as he saw this, and sighed.

'...I'm sorry, Calysta...' he thought.

He felt like a failure right now.

She had lost most of her memory of who she was, and he didn't know how to get it back. Or if it could even be brought back in the first place.

'I have to keep her safe.' he told himself, before going and sitting down.

"Hey." he said.

"Want something to eat or drink?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:23:11 )

Callie was silent before sighing lightly.

"Well, no." She answered.

"But I probably should eat. " She then conceded a couple of seconds later. He could hear how things were on her mind in her voice. As she looked to him, she was silent.

"What about you?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:50:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....same." he mumbled.

"I don't feel hungry. Or thirsty. But I need to eat and drink." he said.

"......" he was then silent, before placing a hand on the ground.

As he did so, a plant started to grow... and it grew into a bowl-like shape, it's petals opening up and revealing several strange things that looked almost like fruit.

"It's a rare plant that I can grow." he told her.

"Each colour fruit has a different taste, texture, etc." he continued.

"Feel free to try whatever you want."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:57:56 )

Callie watched the plant grow, but didn't actually seem to be overly impressed or awed by it.

"That... how?" She asked, looking to him.

". . . How can you grow plants as easily as you can? As far as I know... no elves - even wood elves - cannot do anything of the sort." She then said as she reached out toward one of thefruits.

"It's just... odd." She added, grabbing one of the fruits and taking a bite. She didn't react, was seeming to act as if she'd had it before, almost like she was fitting into the world - probably better than she realised.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 07:20:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym raised an eyebrow for a moment.

'...huh.' he thought.

'Sometimes I'm not sure WHAT to think, now...' he mumbled mentally.

"I'm... special. Unique." he then answered her.

"I was born with unique abilities, and I am... very closely tied to nature." he pseudo-explained.

"Hence, I can do things like this." he reasoned.

"There are limits, of course, but nature is essentially my playground." he added with a light laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 07:22:10 )

"Limits?" Callie asked.

"What kind of limits?" She asked.

"And before you ask why I'm asking, I figure if I'm playing along with all this, I might as well know what I'm doing or dealing witht." She told him honestly and simply. It made sense to her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 07:47:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." again, Adym was silent.

'...I see.' he thought.

'Suppose it... makes sense.' he lamented.

"And I can only grow what I know hoe to grow." he told her.

"Which is to say, if we required some food, I can only grow things that I'm aware of, that make for good food." he said further.

"Also, the environment is a factor." he went on.

"I can't grow something that requires a dry environment in a wet one."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 07:50:09 )

". . . That makes sense." Callie commented.

"I hadn't been sure as to what it was that the limits would be, so I thought I'd ask." She added with a light shrug.

"Beyond that, how lost did we manage to get?" She asked, her tone curious, and wanting to know. She wasn't sure if they had managed to get lost, but she realised that it was possible.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 08:01:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Lost?" Adym asked.

"...no, I don't think we're lost." he said.

"I have a rough idea where we are." he told her.

"When we leave the cave, we'll need to head west." he continued.

"But we're on track." he assured her.

'...I think.' he added mentally.

'Pretty sure the forest may be trying to actively throw us off trail...'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 08:05:40 )

"Well, that's certainly good news." Callie commented.

"Anyway... I'm going to try and get some sleep." She then said with a light sigh before lightly scooping up the little rodent and setting it down on the ground next to her, then getting to her feet.

"Night." She added before making her way over to a more reserved section of the cavern and dropping the clothes she'd been wearing before, which she'd taken with her. It wasn't hard to tell that she wasn't in the best of moods, seemed to be rather reserved.

She then laid down, facing away from him and more on her front than side, with the clothing as a pillow.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 08:26:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, Callie?" Adym said.

"You don't have to sleep on the ground." he told her.

She then felt something beside her, and when she looked, she saw a large green broad flat-leaf there.

"You can sleep on that." he said.

"It'll be soft and comfortable." he told her.

"Also, I'll build a fire to keep us warm during the night." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 12:08:56 )

Callie just sighed lightly as Adym said and did what he did. She didn't have anytthing to say until after she'd already gotten onto the leaf.

"Ok. Thank you." Was all she said before trying to get comfy. She was asleep quicker than Adym would have expected, but at the same time, it may not have been an issue.

Meanwhile, that night, her dreams were haunted by the face of a man with some lavender hair that she didn't know, tha twas taunting her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 22:22:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym, meanwhile, didn't sleep much at all.

He felt too guilty.

He felt like this was his fault. Callie was overwhelmed, on the verge of most likely freaking out, and there was nothing he could do about it. Surely he could have acted more quickly when getting her away from Vyran?

There had to have been a way to have stopped this from happening.

He just leaned against the wall of the cave, dimmed the mushroom lights down, brought his knees up to his chest, and buried his face in them, not really caring if sleep overtook him.

It did, eventually...

And the little creatures all slept in Callie's quiver... except for the small one that decided to nest near her head.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 00:08:07 )

By the time that Adym woke the next day, he found Callie not on the leaf that he'd summoned for her, and nowhere in the cavern. He couldn't find her when he stepped out. There really was no sign of her, aside from the quiver having been left for the rodents to stay in.

There was silence around him for a few minutes before he was about to consider to head out to look for her, when he heard approaching footsteps. As he looked over toward where he heard the steps, he saw Callie's form approaching from the trees. She looked like she hadn't slept well, either...

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/28 00:26:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Adym was silent as he saw the approaching figure.

"...Callie?" he asked.

"Callie, you all right?" he asked her.

'...where did she go?' he wondered.

'...and WHY...?' he asked himself further.

"Something up?" he then inquired.

He bit his lip slightly, and feared what the answer may be.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.