Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk My entire life has changed. (Long vent)

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 17:08:42 )

》::: ✿・`.*
And it's.. for the better I guess. But I'm having a really hard time lately.
Please.. don't judge me. This will be really long but I just need somewhere to get all this shit out.
For those of you who have known me awhile, I'm sure you remember all the posts about how awful my boyfriend treated me. If not, I really don't know how to explain in a short manner other than he was an extreme narcissist and emotionally abusive. Hes driven me to suicide attempts. I do not doubt that he loved me, maybe not as much after the first 3-4 years we were together (broke up a month b4 our 6yr).
Well hes my ex now. Things got out of hand one night (small fight turned huge) and he has this way of driving me to huge emotional breakdowns and panic attacks, I lose control of my emotions... and im basically a bomb. He tried to leave me home alone at 3am during this extremely huge fight (lived in a former drughouse so we always had scary ass ppl loitering around) which.. I should've let him leave tbh. I ended up grabbing onto him and pulling him back, his shirt ripped and I scratched him (honestly it was accidental. My nails are long as shit). He called the police and I went to jail for two weeks and got a year of probation, guilty with two counts of assault. I don't understand how.
Anyway, I broke up with him after I was out. I tried making us work for about two weeks and he just would not let me come home (I have lived with my grandparents since i got out of jail). I was so sick of feeling neglected. Then I ended up in a new relationship.. which I really did not expect or try for. Hes a great man. Ive known him since middle school. We stayed up all night on a call, I cried and vented.. he listened. He made me feel better. Started hanging out. We both fell hard for eachother. Meanwhile, my ex was harassing me and trying to get me to come back to him. I was really tempted.. but I dont wanna be in that much pain again, and I love my current bf sooo much.. I really do. I could go on for hours. He's changed my life so much and I have confidence in myself now. Ive smiled alot more this three months than I have in a very long time. My family has even noticed. My ex got with another girl (though hes admitted to me he just settled with her because he cant have me.. and ive told her the things hes said.) He just got with her to "make me jealous", he thought id come back I guess.. but "is staying because he doesnt want to be alone." This makes me feel shitty and terrible for her, but she refuses to care. She believes me, Ive had proof, just doesnt care. Either way, he left me alone.

So, I should be okay right..? Im not.. I don't know why I miss him so damn bad sometimes. I talk to my bf about it and hes very understanding. He lets me cry, and holds me.. which makes me feel even worse sometimes. I love him, I do. I really do. I just still love my ex I guess. Plus the holiday season has been really painful.. We were always really happy around this time of year.
I have periods where I dont miss him at all, I really am very happy with my current bf. Im becoming a better person. But the pain of missing my ex just... is so confusing. So many clashing emotions. This is probably the third most painful thing I've ever dealt with in my life. I just want to be happy.. yknow? I should be.. but my brain wont let me. I want to go back to him, but I also dont. The thought makes me sick. Probation is making it even worse because all the shit I have to do
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 20:31:07 )

@milkdaddy: I’m glad that your life started getting better. Change seems sudden but things take time. It’s ok to feel your feelings not matter what they are. it’s about how you act. Don’t go back to your ex. I know you know this but once again he is trying to control you. People that are used to control hate not being in control.
You’re new BF sounds amazing and you don’t want to break his heart.

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 16:54:49 )

》::: ✿・`.*
@Alethna: thank u <3 its really hard with the holidays.. especially since my bf and i dont have jobs or a license rn. Im used to going to do things like haunted houses, seeing Christmas lights, movies, or just sitting in and decorating.

@Totalanimefan: thank u 2! Yeah ive thought alot and Im very certain i would be unhealthy if not unhappy. Its really awful loving someone who isnt good for you, but my bf helps me alot. its been 5months and we still havent really argued. Disagreements yes but we are both so emotionally intelligent people and very understanding, its wonderful. Like I said above, I just hate being inside all the time. Working on jobs and licenses but its hard for us both, we dont have parents to help, and probations been stressful for me
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 00:48:28 )

@milkdaddy: you can get through this. It’s not going to be like this forever even though it feels like it. It just takes time.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 01:30:34 )

@milkdaddy: I was in an abusive relationship multiple times, and for some reason, they just draw you in and keep you hooked. It doesn't make sense, but they're good at keeping us where they want us. I understand that you miss him when you think about the good times, but you're much better off now. You need to block your ex and cut off all contact with him, do not speak to him or engage with him in any way. Get a restraining order if you have to. You don't need to go back to that kind of life, and if you do, you'll be miserable again. The easiest way to leave that behind is to completely cut him off, even if it's painful.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.