Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts honeyglazed ★

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 15:47:31 )

pandemic woes... but now you're in hot demand?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:27:21 )
well not me
because I'm not a white female

but in general yes hah

e

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:28:59 )
being asian is the worst for hiring |D
don't look foreign

e

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:33:00 )

lmfao that's so true

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:36:54 )
asia

full of discrimination and stereotypes haha

they specifically want to hire a female here for the two additional teachers they need to replace because they don't think males are organized enough

e

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:38:02 )

me looking at my own experience in our company with the dudes
    this dude kept messing up the orders lmfao...

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:42:11 )

Is your company a start up Masa?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:42:47 )
lmao dudes can't be trusted

e

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:55:01 )

nah not really
    we're just a small company that sell very specific products to a niche market

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 16:55:09 )

trust no dudes

a life motto

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 17:05:41 )
only trust cats

e

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 17:09:02 )
I feel like I need more asian role models

I've never wanted to be white more than I have living abroad these past 6 years

e

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/8 19:36:40 )

Oh I see. lol

I have an asian role model! Since I was a teen I've looked up to Namie Amuro.
I also look up to Dwayne Wade (a NBA basketball player). And I'm a white girl lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:31:14 )
oh how did you discover her?

e

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:01:20 )

Inuyasha music lol
Plus there was a Japanese music show that I would watch on an Asian TV channel we had. I don’t remember the name of the show, but it showed her music video WoWa and I learned it was the same as one of the singers on the inuyasha music I had. Then I looked into her music more and then her more.

I just love how strong of a person she is, how she can adapt but always be herself, she is beautiful and a great singer and I love singing and have been in many choirs.

I’m sad that I never got to see her live. I tried in 2018 during her last tour but I didn’t get picked from the lotto to be able to buy tickets. :(

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:06:36 )

Now that I’m older I realize that it’s a little unusual for people to look up to, or identify with people that are of a different background to them or a different skin color etc etc
But honestly I never thought it to be weird and would relate to them on a personality level.
As a teen I really didn’t understand it. I just thought I liked her and i didn’t think about that we looked different or spoke a different language.
Another example would be it took me two years to realize that I would be the only white person in line at the boba shop. I just like what I like and don’t try things or not try things because of what’s normal for my family or race.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:12:48 )

it's not weird for the POC kids growing up in north america consuming media that is largely white-centric
    you don't need to be the same race or gender as them to be able to connect with and relate to them
    like i wish we had more role models in the anglosphere but it is what it is
    there's more diversity now but it's still not enough but that's a whole other topic LOL

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:24:30 )

Exactly and thanks. I think that some of my white family thinks I’m weird or grew up weird because I was a white girl that liked/likes ‘Asian’ stuff. Even though I would say it’s totally normal. They told me they thought I was going to end up with an Asian guy and I was like I don’t care about what race the guy is I’ll date Asian, White, Black, whatever.
I didn’t mean to make this about race either in your thread ^^; we can change the subject. Lol
I wish there was better representation of POC and just another cultures that aren’t American in America. It’s kinda sad how many people are in their own little bubble and don’t even want to leave.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 15:37:04 )
I actively avoided anything asian related growing up
to be as normal as possible

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 18:23:43 )

-hugs- I understand. :( I didn't care about being normal or bullied, I just liked what I liked. lol

I'm sorry that it had to be that way for you. I hope that kids growing up now don't have to experience that. In just 20 years I feel like the demographics have really changed in this country (for the better) and I hope that lets kids growing up be themselves.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.