Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2019 Jigsaw Feedback

Voltie — They/them Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 00:28:45 )

I hope you've been enjoying the event so far!

I'd love to hear any and all feedback/suggestions from everyone about the Jigsaw game!

I unfortunately won't have much time during the event to fix any non-game-breaking issues unless they're a quick fix, but since we'd like to launch Jigsaw as a permanent feature sometime after the event, I'd like to implement as many suggestions as possible before that launch.

Voltie — They/them Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 00:29:53 )

Suggestions thus far:

• Save button
  • Adjacent pieces snap together outside the board
  • Setting to change the background color (in-progress)
  • Fullscreen the puzzle board
  • Setting to turn off inactive pieces’ transparency (in-progress)
  • Move counter

Completed Suggestions:

• Tablet pen compatibility
  • Text showing how much currency you've earned so far today
  • Fix bug that was taking away currency when you reached the daily limit
  • Shuffle pieces, brings pieces back onto the screen
  • "Invisible wall/border" that prevents pieces from being dragged off the screen
  • "Clear board" to move pieces off of the puzzle board
  • "Are you sure you want to leave the page?" alert to prevent navigating off the page unintentionally (only works on computer)
  • Hide outlines around pieces after locked in-place (can still see faint outlines)
  • Difficulty between 250 piece and 1000 piece--500 piece puzzle
  • Prevent pieces from getting behind the "Preview" button (alternative solution found: bring pieces in front of buttons)

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 17:12:06 )

@Pathologic: Oh I didn’t see this thread before. Myself and Queen of Trash were wondering if it’s possible to do this-
If we find pieces that go together they will snap together. Even if it’s not on the final place on the board. I find pieces that I can see go together but I can’t get them to snap together. ^^;

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 17:16:38 )

@Totalanimefan:
I second this suggestion!

Also, I'm not sure if we can suggest things that aren't programming related, but I think puzzles with less negative space would be good too! Lots of solid colors that we have to fill in by basically dropping puzzle pieces randomly to fill.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 17:32:37 )

OOH ALSO, maybe have a setting where we can change the background color of the puzzle board. I'm finding that the dark background of the event theme doesn't mesh that well with the dark puzzles. Being able to set an off-white or light grey background would help a lot for people who have a difficult time differentiating colors without having to set a whole different theme in their profile settings.

And maybe a way to fullscreen just the puzzle board too?

.... sorry, y'all. I have Opinions™ on puzzles.

Voltie — They/them Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 17:40:15 )

@Totalanimefan: @Fizzgig: Great ideas!!! Thank you for the suggestions. I added them to the list.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:04:45 )

Can we get a mid-ground 500 piece puzzle before we dive into the mouth of a megalodon from 250 to 1k?
Call 500 "extreme" and call the 1k "haha good luck"? lmao

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:09:37 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

So many great suggestions so far!
Mine is a minor one... is there a way we can keep them from going behind the preview button? I’ve had my final piece hiding there twice now. T^T Had to coax it out by fiercely swiping.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie — They/them Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:16:33 )

@Anarchist Beauty:
@Tsundererra:
Also great suggestions!! I added them, thank you!

Donator — she/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:19:59 )

Well, I completed a puzzle before picking a team, not realizing that it wouldn't count. So, sadness.
But otherwise it's amazing!
Questing

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:22:34 )

@Pathologic: thank you !

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!
I'm buying your extra advent ticket! 500g each!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:38:04 )

Alternate 1k title could also be 'haha ur fukt'

Voltie — They/them Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:39:40 )

@Lina: Oh no!! I'm sorry that happened!

@Anarchist beauty: Omg I was thinking "Extreme" for 500 and "Impossible" for 1000 maybe.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:44:13 )

@Pathologic: lol
That works, too.

Donator — They Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 18:57:18 )

I definitely second most of the suggestions, especially the fullscreen option, keeping pieces off the main board, and removing outline or making it less noticeable after being locked in to help with visibility.

Voltie — They/them Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 19:55:44 )

@skettiyeti: Thank you for the input! I'll definitely do what I can with those. I don't think I can make a "true" fullscreen option because of HTML canvas's limitations, but I might be able to fill the browser space at least.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 20:43:41 )

I can't think of anything that hasn't already been suggested. I do love this though!! I'm thrilled that there is a jigsaw. It's something that I just ocassionally really enjoy doing.

Art prompt Bullet Journal
Art Gallery
Games and Giveaways
Exchange

Voltie — They/them Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 20:56:00 )

@Shadami: Thank you so much! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!!

Donator — They Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 20:58:08 )

@pathologic: of course! yeah, we are definitely all loving it! :D You are awesome!

Donator — Any Posted 1 year ago ( 2019/10/29 21:03:36 )
The suggestions I had were already covered (like being able to clear the board would be awesome), so I'll just give some positive feedback!

The different artworks are lovely and I had a relaxing time completing puzzles while having my coffee. I like that this became available during the event especially. When I don't feel like posting in the forums for the Reaping Ritual, I can take a break with this and it's nice.

[Quests][Store]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.

Don't want to see the ads? You can purchase a "TV Head" from Ohm-My-Gosh Imports.