Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Who else is blind?

Asst. admin — oink Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 16:44:11 )

art by acid
I really appreciate this feature cuz I'm super blind and squint when I used to have to read on the forums.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 16:46:48 )
@Q t e a p o n: Oh yeah. That feature is golden. XDD;;

Asst. admin — oink Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 16:52:04 )

art by acid
@Kozi: Right??? Hahaha I’m glad our dev was able to do it. I didn’t even think of it before but now that we have it I can’t go back xD

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 17:04:43 )
@Q t e a p o n: Super handy during migraines when I am operating on like... a third of one eyeball. XDD haha

Asst. admin — oink Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 17:11:04 )

art by acid
@Kozi: How does one operate on migraines?! I have a wet towel over my face and pure darkness and silence will only do. D:

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 17:20:56 )
@Q t e a p o n: Oh, it is a fresh hell. A freshhhh hell. RIP
But unfortunately, this sparkly alpaca still has to go to work with them quite often. :/
Darkness and silence work well for a lot of people, though!
I still need a fan on, though, since silence makes me anxious. XD;;

*is a wreck lol*

But yeah, that text setting is a lifesaver.

Asst. admin — oink Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 17:48:58 )

art by acid
@Kozi: WOW I'm so sorry to hear that you actually have to work with them. How do you manage that? :( Does your boss know about them?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 17:55:22 )
@Q t e a p o n: It's definitely not easy. I have to move much more slowly. (Usually I zing everywhere, busy busy!)
My boss knows about it, I thinkkkk she remember lol, but there's not much she can do about it. Work is work. RIP
So I just do whatever I can to get by.
Even if it's just turning off as many lights as possible without getting in trouble, or trying to take tasks on that are more isolated and quiet.
But yeah, I work in a factory setting, so that's not really feasible usually.

But yeah, definitely not easy. -00000000000234254366/10 would not recommend. XDD;;;
Definitely get a job where you can pace your own work, if you can. It helps.
I wish more jobs like that existed here.

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 18:00:38 )
It really helps when I'm using my tiny Chromebook. I appreciate the steps taken to be more user friendly!

[Quests][Store]

Voltie — Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 18:01:36 )
I'm happy to see people still like the feature :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 18:36:43 )

I didn't realise that feature existed and tbh it's a gamechanger.

currently: rewrite time baby!

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Asst. admin — oink Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 19:31:29 )

art by acid
@Kozi: OHHH I see. Yeah I understand. There’s only so many days you can take off. Especially when you have bills to pay. I hope you are able to take small breaks in between work.

Yeah I wish there were more jobs out there accommodating people’s health conditions. :(

@Kira: oh I feel you! Sometimes when I used our MacBook that’s pretty tiny it was a battle. Always trying our best. :)

@Taciturnity: It was an amazing idea. :) I don’t remember (forever forgetful me) was this suggested or you just came up with it on your own?

@sunny: No way!? Just now???

Voltie — Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 19:45:37 )
@Q t e a p o n:

I came up with it on my own.
I was going to implement the "remove post colours" option due to theme conflicts and some people having difficulty reading others posts.
Thought while I was at it I might as well add some other accessibility settings for those who might have difficulty reading posts due to size as well. :3

I can't be sure myself but I might have added this in while you were on your recent break. ^^

Asst. admin — oink Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 20:21:20 )

art by acid
@Taciturnity: That makes sense. Really well made too as usual. X3

It might have been! Hahah

It’s funny cuz I LOVE the look of tinier font but also have a hard time reading it T 7 T ;;;

P L E A S E - P I N G - M E

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 20:40:57 )

I didn't realize that was an option either. Gonna go turn that on right now.

And @Kozi: I feel you on the migraines. (つ﹏<。) Sometimes you just get tired of not being able to do anything so you gotta just push through. The light above my desk at work burnt out and I asked them to NOT replace it. They actually agreed though!

Voltie — Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 21:06:57 )
@Q t e a p o n:

I have the same conundrum, tiny text looks so neat and orderly but god damn it's hard to read. XD
Not going to be active.
Though I may lurk on occasion.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 21:32:48 )
@Priestess of Pie: Basically, yeah. You gotta live life. :/
The only thing that really sucks is that there are a TON of noise machines, and you get 12+ hours per shift of looking into really bright inspection lights.
Then it's a fight between wanting or stab out your own eyes or barf for most of a day/night. XDD;;;

@Q t e a p o n: Somewhat. At least at home I can go sit in the dark if I need to. And I often do.
I still listen to music, though, screw that. XDD;; Pain or no, music is too much of a lifesaver to stop.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 21:51:51 )

@Kozi: Wow that sounds like hell. Can you wear like sunglasses or anything?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 21:54:20 )
@Priestess of Pie: Haha, no. XDD;; I wish!
I inspect lenses, so wearing anything myself (aside from safety glasses) gets in the way of my job. x_x;;
I have super super dark ones for going out, though. Like 4x tinted ones.
They are niiiiiice. ^^b

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/10/19 21:57:57 )

@Kozi: Man, I'm not sure I could do a job like that since my vision gets really blurry during migraines.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.