Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I feel like I can’t enjoy my trip because I’m dreading the flight

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 07:19:42 )

In two days I’m flying to England from California. It’s an 11-hour flight. I have been on a flight that long before, I’m not new to flying and I’m not actually anxious on the plane. It’s before how I feel before and after the flight. I have flown from Florida to England before many times. Anyway, my husband and I can’t buy Economy+ seats because they are sold out and we might not even be able to sit together in economy! I don’t know how I’m going to be able to sit with my husband. I won’t be able to sleep either and the flight is overnight. It’s giving me a ton of anxiety. I don’t like what my body feels like after being awake over night (it’s a red-eye) I will probably be awake for over 24 hours straight. The thought of sitting next to a stranger for that long is making me want to cry.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 07:23:30 )

My normal Dr’s office wasn’t able to see me this week so I wasn’t able to get an anti-anexity pill. I have never taken it for a flight but it need it more for the night before. I’m unable to sleep because I worry too much about having everything packed, not sleeping through my alarm and making sure I don’t miss the flight. So I don’t sleep well the night before. Then the next night I will be flying so I won’t be able to sleep cramped like that. When I don’t sleep my heart rate can get fast and I can feel like crap. It’s awful and I hate it.

Update: Thank God for technology as I was able to FaceTime my dr and get some pills for the flight. Praise be! I’m literally about to cry over the relief.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 07:38:57 )

Hey! hope the anxiety gets better. And I hope you have a good flight. Never been on that long either. My longest flight was 2 hours.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 08:41:00 )

@inatlaka: thank you. I hope that by tomorrow I will feel a lot better about this. I’m going to try and find a different dr that will give me a pill to calm me down.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 11:30:36 )

I hope it goes smoothly. I have to take a pill before I fly too, not for the flight but for the stress beforehand :/ just remember to dress warm!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 16:29:33 )
@Totalanimefan:

hope u made it well! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 18:08:59 )

@sunny: that is the exact same reason why I need it. Before I’m just overthinking it to the max.
@inatlaka: thanks. The flight is tomorrow night

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 18:20:49 )
I hope everything works out. What are you taking for entertainment?

[Quests][Store]

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 18:26:12 )
I've never been on such a long flight, but I understand how it can feel sitting next to a stranger(frankly, I hate it). Hopefully you can get something before you have to go.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 18:46:48 )

Update- I was able to FaceTime my Dr and get some pills for the flight. I’m going to be picking them up today.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/16 19:12:14 )

Oh! I thought you were already on it XD
will you post right before getting on the plane?

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 08:51:43 )

@Kira: I have my phone and iPad. Which has games, movies, music, downloaded magazines.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 08:54:02 )

@LordLucre: yeah. I was thinking about it a lot today because under 7 hours I’m fine but then why do the long hauls bother me? It’s because I’m stuck in something so uncomfortable and boring for 11 hours it’s borderline inhumane

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 15:14:11 )
@Totalanimefan: @_@ Yup.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 17:51:50 )

Sorry this has you so stressed out. I hope the medication helps you. If you find yourself overwhelmed with anxiety remember to breathe. I think once you're settled you'll be ok. I hope you have a safe trip!

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 21:09:25 )

@Priestess of Pie: thank you very much! I will remember to do that.
@LordLucre: I have meds now. So that should work.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/17 21:25:05 )
@Totalanimefan: That's good!
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.