Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Let's talk about voltra! [Feedback thread]

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 11:46:53 )

So, we're all users here in this cute lil website, and I constantly have things about it running through my head. I often wonder what's next or what I'd like to see, etc etc. So I thought I'd make a thread where we could all discuss things like that!

I made a list of questions we can answer and get to talking about Voltra. Do your best to be constructive.
There's a lot of questions, but you only have to answer whatever you want, it's ALL optional.
Detailed answers are more helpful, but you can write as much or as little as you want!
Also, this is not about the staff, so please refrain from talking about them unless it's really necessary for your answer.

If you'd like to answer anonymously, here's a form with the same questions. Your answers could be shared, but they will not be tied to you as it is fully anonymous.

What is your favorite thing about Voltra as a website? Why?
These would include the layout, the themes, the features, etc.

What is your favorite thing about Voltra activity wise? Why?
These would be the forum games, events, item designs, etc.

What is your least favorite thing in general and why?

What has been your favorite event? Why?

What has been your least favorite event? Why?

Which aspects of those events made you have those opinions?

What would you change about them, if anything?

Do you find it difficult to learn about the NPC?
-Yes
-No
-Other (Elaborate)

What would you like to see more in terms of developing the NPC?

Do you prefer more interactions between two or more NPC or do you prefer more solo stories to get to know a specific NPC one at a time? Why do you prefer that?

Who is your favorite NPC?
What is it about them that you like the best? What do you like the least? What would you like to see them do in the future?

Who is your least favorite NPC?
What makes you not like them as much? What would you change about them, if anything? Is there any quality of them you do like? Would you prefer to see less of them, or would you like to see more and see them develop in a different way? Which way would you suggest that be?

What do you think of the realms?

Do you think Voltra should focus on developing the realms more? Do you want to learn more of are you not interested at all?

If they are developed, what sort of things are you most interested in learning about them?

Would you like to see Voltra visit any of the realms in an event? Which realm would you choose if it were up to you? Why?

What kind of features do you think Voltra is lacking?

What would you like to see made next?

Do you think they should focus on developing past features that were announced, or should they focus on developing different, new ideas? Why?

Any other general thoughts that you might want to share that you have not been asked yet?

Thank you for your participation!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 16:31:08 )

You came up with a lot of great questions. I will answer these when I have time

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 17:35:22 )

@Totalanimefan: Thank you! I probably will too, I was pretty tired when I made the topic so I didn't get to

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 18:06:34 )

@Goblin: totally understandable. I hope you rest up.

By Ghost
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — boss baby Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 18:21:09 )
iunno how valuable my input it all things considered LKDJHJKD BUT.. Ill answer it. everyone else should too...

I like that there's girthy forums, makes designing threads for it easy. and i like that we have the ability to toggle themes

HMMM... hard not to sound biased here. I have a lot of fun during events, I mainly like it when users are able to have a good time and be entertained o: its fun seeing everyone have fun! and I like our items, we have a wide variety of aesthetics in our pixelists and there's something for everyone

inventory load time (which wont be an issue for much longer anyway!) and that I can't appear as offline/hide my activity but I also just like privacy so probs just me...

cirque ad infinitum, it killed me but it was the most satisfying to pull off. it was really self indulgent I'll be honest HAHA but it seemed like a lot of people were invested in the story and games and items. it wasnt perfect by any means but I'm proud of it. ;'3c

I liked wonderland too but that one killed me...

hard to say hmmm.... maybe v day, merely because I wasn't really able to participate in it much so I missed almost all of it? no fault of the event itself.

a non cop-out answer using events I was a part of... maybe breaker beach '18, since there wasn't a whole lot going on

aesthetics is a key factor honestly, but I think more than anything having a strong foundation is what makes for an engaging event. it should have a good and involved story, but it also needs to be presented in such a way as to not be too overwhelming. something that's easy to follow without feeling like you're being bombarded or just reading a story, feeling like you're a part of the story is always a lot more exciting.

it also needs to have a clear focus and a set up and pay off that feel earned.

that being said, you also want to have a good balance of activities too! from experience, I think it's always good to consider what the mood of the event is going to be, sometimes a contest is appropriate, sometimes a participation thread works better. whatever the approach, it has to be fun and engaging! user feedback never should be ignored also, people hate doing math I GUESS...

like the dream would be to be able to implement more coded features but with all the demand right now, that's definitely should be the least of the devs concerns kjdhkjd

I think I'm like the only one that knows everything so I can't answer this fairly...

ways to explore them outside of events honestly... like comics would be cool I know people want them BUT... SOWWY...

Do you prefer more interactions between two or more NPC or do you prefer more solo stories to get to know a specific NPC one at a time? Why do you prefer that?
I like both! I don't think it's an either or, whatever feels appropriate, But I guess I'd prefer interactions, it's fun seeing how characters play off each other. I like when they're able to be outside their comfort zone and interact with characters they don't usually hang out with, too.

big baby bias comes though... Virgil and Io are my faves... ;'3c

What is it about them that you like the best? What do you like the least? What would you like to see them do in the future?
I made them no I kid. I like Virgil because he adds a different dimension to the cast that would otherwise be missing. He's he cynic, the outsider, he brings a different perspective to an otherwise very positive group. There's a lot to explore with him, especially with how closed off he is. What's he hiding? tune in to find out.

and I like Io because he's one of the more aesthetically pleasing to look at ;'3c but I also just really like how his backstory came together, his tragedy, the strength and weakness he had and still has... and I wanna see more from him. I wanna see his recovery and redemption... ;'3c

I mean I'll be real, we meme on it but it's probably Volkan HAHA... there was just something about his personality when he was introduced that put me off. or maybe it's just my predisposition to hate mayor characters (down with Mayor Lewis!)

What makes you not like them as much? What would you change about them, if anything? Is there any quality of them you do like? Would you prefer to see less of them, or would you like to see more and see them develop in a different way? Which way would you suggest that be?
oh I realize I kinda answered this already HAHA... uhh LIKE there's potential in him for sure. I like the idea of a warm father figure character that cares about the city. he just needs to be less creepy... especially in regards to his daughter and telling stories about how she was made LIKE BUDDY DON'T I'M INNOCENT-

*nervous laugh* boy howdy we sure need those huh...

Do you think Voltra should focus on developing the realms more? Do you want to learn more of are you not interested at all?
*LAUGHS LOUDER* YEAH SURE DO SURE IS SOMETHING THAT I SHOULD BE DOI-

If they are developed, what sort of things are you most interested in learning about them?

Would you like to see Voltra visit any of the realms in an event? Which realm would you choose if it were up to you? Why?
sure do.... this ain't spoilers or hinting at anything, I'm just gunna say Ice since its the realm I know most about personally and am most interested in HAHA

a few things that probably won't show up for a long time (understandably!) ... so like, marketplace, charges, realms.... hmmm oh report feature would be rad...

OH AND HM, A FREAKIN' KNOWLEDGE BASE I WONDER WHOS FAULT THAT IS *SHAKY LAUGHTER* I'msosorryeveryone....eventually....

also a lot of other stuff that's waiting on me... I gotta step it up...

probably a report feature just to make things easier on people

Do you think they should focus on developing past features that were announced, or should they focus on developing different, new ideas? Why?
past ones... mainly so it'll be less things on their plate. also they would be fun to have

Any other general thoughts that you might want to share that you have not been asked yet?
... nah das all

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 18:48:07 )

@vintage: I'm dying you didn't have to answer it all BUT BLESS.

Maybe Vday wasn't that enjoyable because it also introduced Mayor Volkan? I'm very happy about that event, because of the NPC confession thread and getting to completely destroy everyone else by making Vichard win. But the event in general did seem less memorable because I didn't like the way both NPCs that were introduced acted about their daughters. It was really sad because I thought they looked really cool and some aspects of their personalities are good (Like you said, the warm father figure is a cute thing, but it was off with Volkan. And Vaughn's concern for Valentina ended up coming off as creepy and invasive, instead of from a man who had spent years desperate to get back to the daughter he loved.) So Maybe they hurt the overall feeling of that event, it sure did for me. That said, I'm still using the theme from Vday, it's my fav.
Oh, I'd die for marketplace :eyes: . Someday. I do agree that I hope things that were already announced get tackled first, but I'm very excited to see what would come next.
Also, agreed about events with coded activities, but you guys always come up with really fun ways to entertain people just using the forums, that's very impressive. Thank for ur hard work.
And DYING, it's ok the realms will come with time ;'3. I wanna see more tiny dumb stuff about them like what kind of things they'd put on their postcards.

When's the solo adventure quest going to come out about Leo's backstory huh?? I. NEED. IT.
Im jk jfhdjsfshdjkfh

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 19:25:07 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Whoa Goblin, it’s awesome that you’ve created something like this! :’D I’m surprised the staff didn’t have something like this made already. It would be awesome to see how we’re all feeling, and what we’d all like to see.

The themes are really nice, and I love the mobile version a lot. Compared to a lot of mobile sites, this one is easy to use/navigate, and just looks nice.

I loooove the events, especially the games and challenges in them. When there isn’t an event, I like to play around with the items and plan new designs for my avatar.

That damn 15 10 second delay no one asked for, and just feels like it’s punishing us for wanting to post more. God forbid we want to have more activity.
I also used to speed spam because it helped with my anxiety, but LOL, can’t anymore.

I’ve only experienced Breaker Beach 2019 and the 2nd anniversary, and I like Breaker Beach sooo much more. The event items were better, and I like how if we reached posting goals, the summer goldfish item would evolve, and then get pretty recolors.
But I like the event games and activities from both events! Though the anniversary event has raffles with raaaares. +__+ We’ll see how that goes.

The 2nd anniversary event because it just wasn’t as fun as Breaker Beach 2019.

While I did love the event games and the happy anonymous message thread, there weren’t a lot of places to post. A good number of threads were freebie art threads (I appreciate all the artists who did this), so it felt like activity wasn’t as poppin’. And the event items just didn’t sing to me. Vichard’s stuff are the only things that I really liked and will use.

I don’t know if “getting people to be more active” is something we have the power to change. xD But maybe give a little more variety in the event items to hype up activity. I’m still a newb compared to a lot of users, so idk how past past events were like in comparison.

YES. I was fortunate to have the master of the NPC info school me a bit during Breaker Beach (thanks Vintage), but omggggg they still feel like strangers to me. ;~; I know there’s a lot of work on the to-do list, but I wouldn’t mind having a Voltra lore/character database. It doesn’t even have to be fancy. Slap that sucker on a google doc for all I care. I feel like I’m finding out shocking details each event that aren’t news to older members. Like in Breaker Beach, found out Virgil and Violet were siblings (literally thought Violet had the hots for Virgil LOLOLOL), and in the anniversary event, found out Volkan has procreated, and that spawn is Vanora. =__= Ew.

Idk, can I get to know them first before I decide how to develop them? xD

I like reading the interaction stories between NPCs because the comics are cute, but since I don’t know their relationships I’m scared I’ll misinterpret their interactions like how I did with Virgil and Violet. xD My favorite comic was of the VPD at the petting zoo, and because I didn’t know who the people were, I thought the one guy was the father of all 3 of the peeps.

Virgil. <3 His personality is golden. But omg, I do love Garry’s derpiness. :’3
I want to see Virgil take down Volkan in the future because DOWN WITH THAT CAPITALIST LOVING, CORRUPT SWINE.

Volkan. He is a lying, cheating politician. Since he’s old, can we kill him off? Let’s do what Gaia did with Gambino in their story arc. xD

Tbh, I don’t understand anything about the realms or even the guardians (if they’re connected). So no opinion except that I know they exist, but not sure what their importance is supposed to be.

I want to learn more about them first before developing them. D: Otherwise I will get more confused.

Idk how to answer this because I don’t know anything about them.

Idk how to answer this because I don’t know anything about them.

A marketplace would be nooooice. I’m tired of looking through pages of the exchange and raising up possibly dead shops in the hopes that the user of the item I want is still active to sell me what I want.
Having a storage in our inventory would be nice too. ToT It would be easier than trading stuff back and forth between my main and mules.

Honestly, I’d be glad to have any improvements. I know there’s a lot of work planned and being worked on, so I’ll take what I can get.

I’m new-ish, so not sure what those past features are.

Nope, this questionnaire was very thorough, but if any do pop up, I’ll edit my post and add. :D

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 19:42:21 )

@Tsundererra: Usually they make one after events, about the event themselves but it includes some of the questions here too. But I thought it'd be nice to see what people think more generally! ;'D

Yeah, the dreadful posting delay... I won't get into it, but I am hoping it gets discussed today on the Community Discussion. I want to see if they have thought of alternate solutions to their bot problem, since that was listed as a main reason for this. Besides the other... more rude reason.

Anonymous:
I don’t know if “getting people to be more active” is something we have the power to change
WELL, the usual thing we had for that that worked very well despite the small userbase, was that threads would reward participation by giving an item to the people who posted in that thread. A large amount of people would stay and take part in the activity of the thread after having to post at least once in it, and it really helped boost activity. The evolving goldfish also helped boost activity, so maybe if they did a mixture of both those ideas?? Maybe there's other ways too, definitely something to think about.

I'm dying... maybe I should also start a petition to kill off Mayor Volkan huh?
And haha I don't blame you, the realms are as of now, more of a mentioned thing so there's really not much to know. Soon I hope, at least some baby stuff about them. But yeah, guardians are related to realms, each realm has their own. Spark, Static and Frizz are Voltra's guardians, other realms have their own.

AND YOU GUYS CAN LEAVE QUESTIONS OUT ITS OK.

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 19:46:14 )

I guess I'll include these questions:

What do you think of NPC interactions? (NPC accounts posting in user made threads randomly)
Would you like to see more of that, or do you think that's kind of invasive and weird?

Voltie — boss baby Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 19:48:48 )
YEAH I will say unfortunately tsun's only got to experience mini events I promise that reaping ritual (halloween) event will have a lot of incentives to participate/be active ;3c

I really gotta work on that KB tho... maybe Ill try to do a little every day again ;'3c get that pushed out

young dumb and full of crumbs

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 20:21:51 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Oh man, I forgot the discussion was today! It felt like I was forgetting something. Luckily, I am free all day. Thanks for the reminder~

@Goblin:
Anonymous:
I want to see if they have thought of alternate solutions to their bot problem, since that was listed as a main reason for this.

The solution for this is also not good if we get a bot that gets programmed to post every 10-11 seconds. ): Hoping they’ll do/say something about this, and the unpleasant drama...

Anonymous:
threads would reward participation by giving an item to the people who posted in that thread

Yooooo, this sounds so good! I think they’re trying something different in Volkan’s thread where a random person gets rewarded on certain pages, but I don’t think anyone is keeping up with handing out prizes. ):

Also, I read what you said that Volkan was just introduced in the Valentine’s Day event. All the more reason to kill him off. No one will miss him.
And good to know I’m not missing out on a lot of info on the realms. I’d definitely be down to find out more about them and having them be developed into something big. :3 It’s something unique to Voltra.

What do you think of NPC interactions? (NPC accounts posting in user made threads randomly)
Would you like to see more of that, or do you think that's kind of invasive and weird?

I think it’s cool to see the NPCs mingle with us. The first time I had an NPC reply to me, it surprised me in a good way. Also made the thread more fun.
I think having them post randomly in threads would help us get to know them better. To keep it from feeling invasive, maybe have them only post in chit-chat and/or Voltra Discussion. I’d be pissed if I made a post in Serious Talk, and Garry came derping in (as much as I love the boy).

I thought Breaker Beach was a big event... until I looked through past events for the cross word answers and saw how big the cirque ad infinitum event was. xD
I’m excited to experience my first reaping ritual and get to meet Trick and Treat. :’D

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 20:35:49 )

@Tsundererra: I'm always knee deep into the boltra stuff, that's why I'm so powerfully annoying.

And yeah definitely, my suggestion is still to make the signup process itself harder so that they can minimize the amount of bots. Sure, they can still come in but it would make it more complicated. And it wouldn't hurt the user experience.

DYING THO, can you imagine? Just an NPC being the absolute most insensitive person in the world... That sounds like a good comprimise though, just keep the NPC to a few forums. I think there was an idea like that actually, where artistic NPC would have gone to the galleries and art shops, and more serious NPC would give out advice. I guess there's just never been enough staff power to make it happen.

I'm excited about next event too 👀👀👀
You better not destroy yourself tho bintage

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 20:56:55 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Goblin: I think it’s helpful that you know so much, especially because there are a lot of times I feel like a super noob. xD

Yes! Like having one of those picture identifying features other sites use when making an account. Just anything that won’t take away from the good user experience.

LOL, it might happen and their insensitivity might be unintentional too... so I agree to keep them out of certain threads. xD Wouldn’t want them spoiling someone’s private RP session either.
It would be a good idea to have the artsy NPCs go to the art-related forums. Would love to see Virgil grunting around in those threads. xD But I understand that there’s not enough staff to make that happen at the moment.

I also want to add that if we get an NPC database, it would help me figure out who to ship for fan art stuff. Right now I have a couple of ships, but idk how outrageous they are... >3>

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 21:00:43 )

👀👂What are your ships, this is the user experience I'm here for.

And jcjxkx It's ok, you've only been around a short while. But you've got vintage, the master of all, or the lesser, more dumb version which is me, who still knows a lot but never as much.

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 21:11:01 )

@Tsundererra: i forgot to ping, iunno if that's important xjxjxj

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 21:21:53 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Goblin: I’m embarrassed to say a lot of them because watch, they’ll end up being related and WHOOPS. The newest ship that I’m sure is ok is Virgil with Vreg because of that scene from the Blackout comic. 👀 Please make it canon, my Vintage gods...

But I will say that the ones I have ships for are Virgil, Vreg, Io, Vichard, Garry, Lin (LOL, can’t believe I thought he was a girl), Velvet, and Vivienne... in no particular order...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 21:40:30 )

@Tsundererra: DYING so, Vreg and Vichard are brothers. Vanora and Volkan are daughter and father. Valentina and Vaughn also father and daughter. Virgil and Violet are twin siblings.
All the cirque NPC are unrelated by blood but grew up together as a family.
The VPD are unrelated by blood, they're just goofy team. JC has a daughter, but she a lil cute girl, and he single.

Canon couples are Vivienne and Vanora, and Berinhard and Arika.

Oh, and the guardians are siblings all 3 of them.

I think that's pretty much it???... Everyone else is free game.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 21:52:50 )

a gucci goblin thread :eyes:
I'll answer the questions later tonight I'm gonna miss the CD tho, but I trust ya'll to fight that 10-second delay.......

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 21:53:33 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Goblin: LOLOLOLOLOL WOW. Guess one of my ships is dead. I totally didn’t try to ship two brothers together. >.>; <.<;

I can actually see Valentina and Vaughn being related, but Vanora and Volkan took me by surprise when I found out.
Also NOOOOOOOOOOOO, Vivienne deserves better than Volkan Spawn. T^T I won’t give up my ship for her.
Who’s the mother to JC’s daughter? Is she deceased or is she a secret?

Thank you for clarifying all the familial relationships for me. Now that only thing I have to worry about is how badly the personalities of my ships go together. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — h i m Posted 3 years ago ( 2019/09/21 22:03:00 )

@Tsundererra: TSUN NYO. They have a fun dynamic I guess but they bros, tch tch.
I actually don't remember but Vintage's got you, JC is his boy.
And that's crazy because Vaughn is sort of an adoptive parent to her? If I remember correctly...

DYING THO, when they got together Vanora wasn't still Volkan spawn and by the time Volkan happened there wasnt much we could do. I wasn't in staff anymore lol

Ship everyone together, go wild. As long as its not morally corrupt and weird fjxjxjdk.
also not even secret anymore, someone accidentally gave it away haha, but Vyc is canon gay so not a girl for this beef boy.

@Hachi: WE WILL SEE HACHI, but Im baby... thanks tho cant wait to see yours thoughts ;3

morosexual but there's no pride in that

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.