Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk i just typed out a whole post and deleted it

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 03:39:16 )

i dont know if this should be in the serious talk forum but its about posting in it so, thats where im putting it.
so, i just typed out a WHOLE post, and then deleted it when i got to the end because i thought "no one will care, you'll just sound like youre edgy or want attention, etc" you know the drill.
and thats the thing, i feel like when you post something on, say, twitter, people either dont care or call you edgy or accuse you of wanting attention. and it makes you not want to talk about your mental state or feelings.
i would LOVE to post a whole post, paragraphs and all, talking about my anxiety, my mental state, how i feel, being trans and how that makes me feel, etc, but im always worried that someone will just try and lecture me about whatever or call me 'edgy' (god i hate that word).
like, reddit has whole subs for stuff like this and i cant even post on those.
maybe its my anxiety, maybe its how a lot of people feel. i dont know. but hey, if you see this it means i didnt just delete this one LMAO
also this is how i feel, enjoy the memes

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 04:17:47 )

Since 1103 posts.

Hazer made a good point with the picnic metaphor!
I feel no matter what you post on the internet, theres always going to be someone whos going to judge you, so personally I never take things too seriously. Everyone is different so I can understand how that can be scary, but there are also people who can relate and get along with you.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 04:18:53 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@KairoSama: I feel your post 10000%. I lurked on here for a bit before I starting making posts because I feel the exact same way as you. I actually deleted a long post I wrote last night because I felt like no one would read it anyways. Same reason I’m a lurker on Reddit, and I don’t reply to posts (sometimes) or make many of my own threads on here. That feeling of anxiety and the fact that no one will care is strong. The good thing is that posting on here has helped my anxiety out little by little, so I hope it helps you out too. You’re not alone, and if you ever want to talk to someone, I’m open to just listen.
Also, people are always quick to dismiss people with depression and/or anxiety off as edgy or lazy, which prolly fuels that feeling of people not caring. I’m sure the people on here won’t do that but my anxiety is always here to make me doubt that when it comes time to post.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 05:01:40 )

@KairoSama: I would say that’s not really a mindset that we have in this forum. People tend to be supportive. Also Taffy just made a thread today saying how more people should post here.

Also it sounds like you are frustrated right now. Maybe type out what you feel then walk away for a little while then edit it. Sometimes that really helps.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/21 15:03:29 )
I'm always willing to lend an ear to anyone who needs it. I may not always know what to say, but listening is something I'm good at.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 00:58:44 )

thank you guys! i actually feel better today, thank god.
also i love the picnic thing, thats a good way of seeing it!
im not very good at saying how i feel in general so im just glad the post made any sense tbh, ive never been good at it. im glad people seem to understand!
i mean, its not good that people feel the same but like, i can talk to people who will understand so like, thats good you know?
thank you guys, its nice knowing people care <3

ps im like really bad at knowing what to say ):
@Hazer:
@Bioshock:
@Alexis:
@Tsundererra:
@Totalanimefan:
@koneko:
@SirLionelNigelConrad:
@LordLucre:

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 01:20:27 )
@KairoSama: It's okay, it happens to me too! I'm not always the best with words, but I try.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 01:24:28 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@KairoSama: Yaaaasssss, glad you’re feeling better today! :D It’s crazy and a bit sad that so many people feel the same crippling anxiety these days, but it is nice knowing you’re not alone. Plus this small community is just so awesome and open. :’)

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 01:31:29 )

@LordLucre: you seem pretty good with words to me! if i knew how to play an instrument id probably try and communicate with that honestly

@Tsundererra: ahh i know, ive seen so many people with it that really i should KNOW that im not alone, but for some reason my brain is like "no ur alone" like shut up brain
voltra is a very nice community though, everyone is so sweet here

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 01:41:52 )
@KairoSama: Aww, thank you! That'd be nice. ;w; I always wanted to learn how to play the piano.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 06:52:39 )

@KairoSama: it happens to everyone. I don’t think I’m that good with my words either.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/22 12:00:50 )
I feel
and yeah seems like people also use the word edgy to, how do i word this, basically invalidate whatever problems some might be having? It sucks, it's unnecessary but it won't stop people from doing it, sadly.
Been there too, making whole posts or writing out whole replies to something and basically having the same train of thought you just described

But like some others have mentioned, although i've been inactive for a while, people around here generally tend to be very kind and supportive from what i've experienced (:
Just need to try and find the right crowds, and try to block out the rest.
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 01:06:35 )

@LordLucre: it'd be so fun! kinda wanna just G note everyone LMAO

@Bioshock:
@Totalanimefan:
you guys seem pretty good with words to me, you always know what to say~ im glad people seem to understand tho!

@Siron: i genuinely really hate the word edgy lately, also the clown emoji is really getting on my nerves ew
its kind of annoying how people will just invalidate your feelings instead of helping you :/
everyone on here is really kind though, finding voltra was honestly the best thing that has happened this year!
btw your avatar is adorable!~

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 01:09:12 )
@KairoSama: Do iiiiiit!

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 01:13:00 )

@LordLucre: downloads garage band and learns black parade B)

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 01:13:50 )
@KairoSama: I approve.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 02:56:55 )

@KairoSama: thank you. I’m glad that I sound that way lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 00:11:35 )

@Bioshock: true, and thank you!
perceptions can really make it difficult, especially when people cant hear your tone
thankfully everyones nice here~

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.